What's your favorite YA books that are amazing to you?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
abbyruth9
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbyruth9.html
Latest Review: Stranded In The Wild by Gary Rodriguez

Re: What's your favorite YA books that are amazing to you?

Post by abbyruth9 »

I recently took a Youth Fantasy course in which we read China Miéville's Un Lun Dun which was an absolutely fantastic book. The reason we read it in the course was because it flips the vast majority of fantasy conventions on their heads. I think I read the entire book in one sitting. It was such a good read, I highly recommend it!
Taongaj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taongaj.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by Taongaj »

S_Mulla wrote: 06 Feb 2018, 12:35 The Royal Series, Paper Princess, by Erin Watt
Caraval by Stephanie Garner
Hush, hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
Well I should definitely check out your shelves because I love what you've read so far
xuanmaii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xuanmaii.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by xuanmaii »

Looking for Alaska and Paper Towns by John Green
The Hate U Gave by Angie Thomas
The Giver series by Lois Lowry
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children series by Ransom Riggs
Jessicalaurenw1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessicalaurenw1.html
Latest Review: Irma's Daughters by Jennie Linnane

Post by Jessicalaurenw1 »

I can not sing the praises of Stephanie Garber’s Caraval series loud enough. I have a weakness for very descriptive reading and her writing flows with adjectives. I could quite literally transport myself into the scenes and basically smell and taste and see everything she described. The story itself absolutely drew me in and did not let go. I devoured the entire series in a little over a week. It is a little dark and mysterious but also keeps your mind active. I love all of the ambiance of the books, the circus vibe, the inclusion of the fates and magic, and the love stories (both of the sisters and their love interests).
Honey_Spyder
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Honey_Spyder »

I personally love a handful of YA authors, including Rainbow Rowell and Leigh Bardugo. Both authors have created multiple books and series that I've fallen in love with. I've read Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, I found this particular book relatable because it discusses the issues of learning how to grow on your own while trying to pass College. As for Leigh Bardugo, I've read two series that shes created. Both set in an amazing world of powers, evil and politics. Each book instantly hooked me and made it hard to stop reading. :cry:
HanElizabeth397
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hanelizabeth397.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by HanElizabeth397 »

Honey_Spyder wrote: 07 Apr 2020, 05:53 I personally love a handful of YA authors, including Rainbow Rowell and Leigh Bardugo. Both authors have created multiple books and series that I've fallen in love with. I've read Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, I found this particular book relatable because it discusses the issues of learning how to grow on your own while trying to pass College. As for Leigh Bardugo, I've read two series that shes created. Both set in an amazing world of powers, evil and politics. Each book instantly hooked me and made it hard to stop reading. :cry:
I've never read anything by Rainbow Rowell but I've heard good things and bought Fangirl last year. It's still on my TBR list but after hearing your thoughts I might put it higher to the top! Thanks! I really enjoyed Bardugo's book Wonderwoman: War Bringer. Have you read it?
PetraWelch
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-petrawelch.html
Latest Review: Zodiac Signs by Smilena Kirilova

Post by PetraWelch »

ALL of Cassandra Clare’s books are AMAZING.
They have magic, adventure, romance, courage, heartbreak, ugh they are just some of the best books I have ever read and will make you feel all of the emotions.
Detzpheefe

Post by Detzpheefe »

I would recommend the Jackaby Series by William Ritter. It's a mystery series, like Sherlock Holmes mixed with monsters from mythology. I'm not explaining it very well but it's AMAZING.
Also the Nyxia Series by Scott Reintgen.
Rangers Apprentice is more for children, but I find it fun to read when I want to pass the time and don't want to read anything too serious.
It depends if you like sorta romance, but if you do, The Romantics by Leah Konen, Yes No Maybe So by Becky Albertalli and The beginning of everything by Robyn Schneider is also good.
The Diviners series by Libba Bray is also good. It's kinda like Jackaby, Mystery with monsters.
SGalvarez1995
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sgalvarez1995.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by SGalvarez1995 »

Well my favorite author is Cassandra Clare the Shadowhunters series are amazing. Another book i loved is Red Queen. Before I fall by Lauren Oliver was really good. Enclave is a series by Ann Aguirre is also one of my favorites. So many good books and authors.
HanElizabeth397
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hanelizabeth397.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by HanElizabeth397 »

PetraWelch wrote: 08 Apr 2020, 16:34 ALL of Cassandra Clare’s books are AMAZING.
They have magic, adventure, romance, courage, heartbreak, ugh they are just some of the best books I have ever read and will make you feel all of the emotions.
I'm currently reading one of her books for the first time - "City of Bones" and I am absolutely loving it! There's so many good things about it and I'm so so excited to keep reading
Sarah10

Post by Sarah10 »

The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue is one of my favorites
alexandriaNS
Currently Reading: A Reaper at the Gates
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexandrians.html
Latest Review: Days Passed by Mcentry Dunbar II

Post by alexandriaNS »

Some I've read this past month that I loved! I also check out everything to the kindle app on my ipad from the local library, I haven't had to pay for a single one!

The Selection Series by Kiera Cass So frustrating yet so good)
The Delirium Series by Lauren Oliver
An Ember in the Ashes Series by Sabaa Tahir
Divergent Series by Veronica Roth
Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia (Cute and easy read!)
The Legend Series by Marie, Lu
The Fault In Our Stars by John Green

The Host by Stephanie Meyers was one of my favorites growing up.
Mireliza

Post by Mireliza »

I'm a huge YA fantasy fan so here are my recommendations of books I've read recently:
1. The Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare
2. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo (followed by the Crooked Kingdom)
3. Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas
4. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
5. The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
6. Caraval by Stephanie Garber
7. the Hazelwood by Melissa Albert (followed by the Night Country, though it is not as good as the first book)
Vlyachovics

Post by Vlyachovics »

I’m in love with the Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard! I got sucked right in as soon as I opened the book and couldn’t put it down until it was finished!
sheyenne_m

Post by sheyenne_m »

Riley52311 wrote: 12 Jan 2020, 21:11 One of my favorite series to read was the selection series. It is about 5 books long and it is about a girl who gets chosen to be in a selection to be the prince’s bride. She goes through lots of struggles adjusting to being in a palace for the selection. Also she has to find a way to get along with the other girls. These books were by far my favorite series to read and i read them so fast. I am not a big reader so that is saying a lot.
I would like to thank you for this review and comment about the series. My friend non-stop talks about how this book is amazing and that I should indulge in these books, but in all honesty I've had no inspiration too. However, now I do. Thank you!

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”