What's your favorite YA books that are amazing to you?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jessa24
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... gonsong</a>
Currently Reading: Lost Voices
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessa24.html

Re: What's your favorite YA books that are amazing to you?

Post by Jessa24 »

Have you ever tried Ann McCaffrey? She is a really good author. The books are a little older but so good. The series I would recommend to start with is The Harper Hall Trilogy, which includes the books Dragonsong, Dragonsinger, and Dragondrums. They combine two of my favorite things, dragons and music.
doosesmarket
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doosesmarket.html

Post by doosesmarket »

There is a lot to critique but I really enjoy the Inheritance Cycle. I've been meaning to reread them soon for the umpteenth time.
PedanticAF
Currently Reading: Uglies
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pedanticaf.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks

Post by PedanticAF »

adria_charles wrote:Some good stand alone YA books that I have read and really enjoyed:

The Giver by Lois Lowry
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Looking for Alaska by John Green
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson

I am sure there are more that I have read and you probably have read a few of these already, but I hope some of these help you out :D
I read all the books you mentioned besides Speak, Im curious if I'll like it seeing as I enjoyed the others, I'll read it asap, thanks for the suggestion!
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
realmorgan1124
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Long Live The Pumpkin Queen
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-realmorgan1124.html

Post by realmorgan1124 »

so a lot of my favorite books are a part of a series and the series completes it, I will just go ahead and recommend a few of my favorites.

The Uglies series by Scott Westerfield
The dreamhouse Kings series by Robert LiParulo for those who like the scary
The Life As We Knew It Series by Susan Beth Pfeffer for those who like easy reads
The Beautiful Creatures novels by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
The Alchemyst by Michael Scott
Dead is the New Black by Marlene Perez, although I must caution you that when the main character changes after a couple of books it just isn't as good. The first book is the best
For the more mainstream, you could also read the Divergent series or the Hunger Games series

So now let's go on to the single books
Looking for Alaska and Paper Town by John Green if you haven't read those already
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson (by far my favorite of the bunch)
The Vampire Stalker by Allison Van Diepen for the ones who like the experience of alternate dimensions.

That's just a small samplings of books so hope you enjoy!
Alyssa yutko26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alyssa-yutko26.html

Post by Alyssa yutko26 »

I read both ya and adult fiction. I have just read the first book in the throne of glass series and fell in love with the story as well as the characters. I am 100 pages in to the second book and it has not disappointed me. What do you think of the series?
caliwagon18
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caliwagon18.html

Post by caliwagon18 »

My favorite is an oldie, but goodie. The Perks of Being a Wallflower will probably always be my favorite simply because I was able to relate to it so much more than any other book. I found Charlie to be such a believable character. I have had a few people tell me that it seems like there is too much going on with Charlie to be believable, but having experienced many of the same things, I guess it does seem, not normal, but realistic. I also found the letters to be a great way to tell they story. We have one specific audience to the book. He was writing to one person, so it almost feels like he's actually writing to the reader.
mcruz331
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mcruz331.html

Post by mcruz331 »

I would have to say Cassandra Clare (Infernal Devices & Mortal Instruments series) and Colleen Houck (Tiger's Curse and Reawakened series) are two of my favorite YA authors ever ^^
Sklplanet3q
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sklplanet3q.html

Post by Sklplanet3q »

Freakling by Lana Krumwielde. I just finished reading it last night and I'm already on the hold list for the sequel. I'm not quite sure if this is the YA book you are looking for, but you should still read it!
KimberReads
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 20519">The curious charms of Arthur pepper</a>
Bookshelf Size: 421
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimberreads.html

Post by KimberReads »

I just finished the Dorothy Must Die series by Danielle Paige. Currently there are three novels in the group, Dorothy Must Die, The Wicked Will Rise, and Yellow Brick War with more to come. I do know that the author has some prequell/stand alone books about The Tin Man, Scarecrow, Wizard etc. In any event, the books are YA reads with a different take on the Wizard Of Oz movie. Amy Gum, a girl from Kansas, just like Dorothy, finds herself in OZ via tornado, but learns that it is nothing like the movie, everything is different and changed. What is good is now evil, what was evil is now good, and OZ is loosing its magic! Amy has been summoned to help aid OZ. To do so, she must steal the lions courage, take the scarecrows brains, destroy the tin mans heart...and Dorothy...well, she must die! I found the books to be engaging and refreshing and fun, light reads. I can not wait to see more in the series, and am pretty sure that there will be more as the ending of book three was a cliff hanger, I just have not researched yet to see when Danilelle Paige is planning on doing more and what she has in the works, but I shall. I also think that her stand alones may be a ton of fun to read too. I enjoy her writing style. I think its certainly worth taking a look at.
Becky Mb
Currently Reading: Remembering Dresden
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becky-mb.html

Post by Becky Mb »

I enjoyed Hunger Games and Divergent series. Has anyone read Configured? It sounds good and it's on my to read list.
Bonniea85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bonniea85.html

Post by Bonniea85 »

One that I loved and highly recommend is Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. Also Elanor and Park by the same author. Sooooo good, you won't want to put them down (or at least I didn't! :D )

-- 19 Dec 2016, 20:40 --
Becky Mb wrote:I enjoyed Hunger Games and Divergent series. Has anyone read Configured? It sounds good and it's on my to read list.
I have not read Configured... is it the same author? I loved Hunger Games, but got a little (just a little!) burnt out by the last one in the series. Divergent is an amazing concept and I really enjoyed it. I guess I will have to look out for Configured!
:techie-studyinggray:
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew will always be amazing reads for me no matter how old I get! 8)
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
KimberReads
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 20519">The curious charms of Arthur pepper</a>
Bookshelf Size: 421
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimberreads.html

Post by KimberReads »

[quote="Bonniea85"]One that I loved and highly recommend is Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. Also Elanor and Park by the same author. Sooooo good, you won't want to put them down (or at least I didn't! :D )

ohhh I loved Elanor and Park. I will so have to check out Fangirl, too!
losingsleepoverbooks
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-losingsleepoverbooks.html

Post by losingsleepoverbooks »

My favorite series is the Relentless series by Karen Lynch! I have read each book in the series, way more than once. The books are about a girl named Sara. Sara's father was murdered when she was seven, and her mother ran away when she was two. Therefore, she lives with her uncle who is wheelchair-stricken. Sara has a hunch that her father's death is anything but a normal homicide, which is why she is determined to find answers. In the midst of the chaos, Sara meets a warrior named Nikolas who has an obsession with trying to keep her safe. Together, together they seek answers while trying to survive being the target of a Master vampire.

I love these books so much because there is always a turn of events that keeps the reader interested! I would recommend these books if you like fiction, supernatural, and of course, romance books. :)
tang2198
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tang2198.html

Post by tang2198 »

So hard to choose a single favorite book/series...but if I had to, I would probably go with The Hunger games Trilogy. It's definitely a must read for both teens and adults and I know for me it was what really got me into reading YA novels. I enjoyed every book in the series and the main character, Katniss, is one of my favorite female protagonists.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”