What's your favorite YA books that are amazing to you?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
siusantos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 182
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-siusantos.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
Reading Device: B01FJT7N4W

Re: What's your favorite YA books that are amazing to you?

Post by siusantos »

I super love the Nancy Drew series, especially the old editions and the hardcover ones. I used to borrow a book each week from our school library to read on the weekends until I've read up on all the available titles. When I started earning, I would buy a book a month until I've built up my own library.
lainerz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by lainerz »

adria_charles wrote: 30 Jun 2016, 10:47 Some good stand alone YA books that I have read and really enjoyed:

The Giver by Lois Lowry
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Looking for Alaska by John Green
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson

I am sure there are more that I have read and you probably have read a few of these already, but I hope some of these help you out :D
I enjoyed reading the John Green books mentioned. I have not read Speak.

The Giver can be read as a stand alone book but it’s actually a quartet. The first 3 books seem like stand alones but they all come together in the last book. The Giver is one of my favorite books. I have read it multiple times and was really excited when I found it there was more to the story. I highly suggest reading the others if you enjoyed The Giver.

I will list the order of the books here:
The Giver
Gathering Blue
The Messenger
Son
Annika Naramreddy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annika-naramreddy.html
Latest Review: How to Define Yourself by Chuck Clifton

Post by Annika Naramreddy »

It's so difficult to choose a favorite book but Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth is one of the best books I've ever read, I recommend it to anyone interested in YA fiction. It's a great book although very underrated!
Anisa_Sadaf
Currently Reading: The Astonishing Color of After
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anisa-sadaf.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Post by Anisa_Sadaf »

The Selection series by Kiera Cass is one of my all time favourites. I also loved almost all books by John Green. 😁
Madaboutbooks23
Currently Reading: The Four Hour Workweek
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by Madaboutbooks23 »

YA book : the northern lights trilogy by Philip Pullman
the three books need to be read in order, it is about an eleven year old girl who has to overcome many difficulties as she races to save her friend & is joined by armoured bears, witches, another eleven year old boy & several others in a coming of age journey.
with many life lessons thrown in , it is a delight . there is good storytelling with pearls of wisdom strewn around & most importantly without graphical sex or violence descriptions. i have read a lot of books which invariable have sex and violence to drive home their point.
but these were exception, in fact i am planning to introduce the books to my eight year old daughter. though the books do get dense as we move to the third one, there are concept i think which would be beyond the comprehension of a thirteen or fourteen year old, it is still a wonderful series.
Monet_va
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monet-va.html
Latest Review: Cowboys Don't Fly by John Steed

Post by Monet_va »

I love Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo! The world is so unique, as well as the plot line and characters. When reading it I really felt like I was reading something special and different.
Hunter_Angel
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Hunter_Angel »

My current favourite YA Book is Six of Crows. It is wonderfully written. It is a character driven story which I very much love to read. We have 6 main charachters and every chapter is written in thier POVs. The first and last chapter is written in charachters POVs who are very much connected to the plot.
RoxieReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roxiereads.html
Latest Review: Code Name Lily by Julien Ayotte

Post by RoxieReads »

Some spectacular YA books that have stuck with me are the Six of Crows duology by Leigh Bardugo and the Arc of a Toll series by Neal Shusterman.
~Roxie~
HanSmith97
Currently Reading: A Gentleman in Moscow
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hansmith97.html
Latest Review: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy Book 1 by Claire Youmans

Post by HanSmith97 »

cnbrady2001 wrote: 27 Jan 2019, 22:05 These are popular ones, but I LOVED them. My personal tastes tend towards fantasy YA, so...

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas, just wow. I genuinely loved every single character. Not sure how to describe it without giving too much away, but it's 100% my favorite series of all time. MAJOR surprise at the beginning of the second book.
Everything about this is correct. Honestly, wow. The first book was good but the second was MINDBLOWING. Just read it, now.
Nym182
Currently Reading: Harley Quinn
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nym182.html
Latest Review: Homecoming: The Unari Experiment Book 1 by Brian L. Harad

Post by Nym182 »

Geez mom! Haha I went through the same thing ^.^ my mom would always tell me that library cards are less expensive and why do I need to keep them if I’m going to only read them once (lies, I reread them as much as possible and I always let her read them)

But I really enjoyed The Redwall Abby series by Brian Jacques. It’s a really wholesome series (gotta take a break from the gritty stuff sometimes) about anthropomorphic animals going on quests, solving riddles and battling with evil doers.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” HST
HarryPotterLibrary22
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harrypotterlibrary22.html
Latest Review: Watchwords (black and white) by Philip Neal Gatter

Post by HarryPotterLibrary22 »

Nym182 wrote: 16 Oct 2019, 14:04 Geez mom! Haha I went through the same thing ^.^ my mom would always tell me that library cards are less expensive and why do I need to keep them if I’m going to only read them once (lies, I reread them as much as possible and I always let her read them)
My mum always says the same to me (even though I don't live with her anymore). But I love owning books and you never know when you'll want to reread or lend someone one.
Nym182
Currently Reading: Harley Quinn
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nym182.html
Latest Review: Homecoming: The Unari Experiment Book 1 by Brian L. Harad

Post by Nym182 »

HarryPotterLibrary22 wrote: 26 Dec 2019, 08:31
Nym182 wrote: 16 Oct 2019, 14:04 Geez mom! Haha I went through the same thing ^.^ my mom would always tell me that library cards are less expensive and why do I need to keep them if I’m going to only read them once (lies, I reread them as much as possible and I always let her read them)
My mum always says the same to me (even though I don't live with her anymore). But I love owning books and you never know when you'll want to reread or lend someone one.

At 30 years, my mom has finally stopped with the library card haha - Plus i always tell it could be worse... i could be addicted to cigarettes or... porcelain dolls :scared-eek:

I've always loved this quote:
Isn't it odd how much fatter a book gets when you've read it several times?" Mo had said..."As if something were left between the pages every time you read it. Feelings, thoughts, sounds, smells...and then, when you look at the book again many years later, you find yourself there, too, a slightly younger self, slightly different, as if the book had preserved you like a pressed flower...both strange and familiar. - Cornelia Funke

Books do truly feel like friends after awhile...
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” HST
HarryPotterLibrary22
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harrypotterlibrary22.html
Latest Review: Watchwords (black and white) by Philip Neal Gatter

Post by HarryPotterLibrary22 »

Nym182 wrote: 27 Dec 2019, 13:49
HarryPotterLibrary22 wrote: 26 Dec 2019, 08:31

At 30 years, my mom has finally stopped with the library card haha - Plus i always tell it could be worse... i could be addicted to cigarettes or... porcelain dolls :scared-eek:

I've always loved this quote:
Isn't it odd how much fatter a book gets when you've read it several times?" Mo had said..."As if something were left between the pages every time you read it. Feelings, thoughts, sounds, smells...and then, when you look at the book again many years later, you find yourself there, too, a slightly younger self, slightly different, as if the book had preserved you like a pressed flower...both strange and familiar. - Cornelia Funke

Books do truly feel like friends after awhile...
I've never heard that quote before but I absolutely lot it. Thanks for sharing :) and I totally agree - there are worse things to be addicted to!
Riley52311
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Riley52311 »

One of my favorite series to read was the selection series. It is about 5 books long and it is about a girl who gets chosen to be in a selection to be the prince’s bride. She goes through lots of struggles adjusting to being in a palace for the selection. Also she has to find a way to get along with the other girls. These books were by far my favorite series to read and i read them so fast. I am not a big reader so that is saying a lot.
Sydney Lee
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sydney-lee.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Sydney Lee »

The Maze Runner series by James Dashner will always be my favorite series. I also love Brandon Sanderson's "Reckoners" series, which Dashner praised as well. Those two series are both well written and are exciting reads.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”