Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
BookSavvy90
Currently Reading: Fangirl
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booksavvy90.html
Latest Review: "The Saltwater Ghost" by Shiela Jane

Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick

Post by BookSavvy90 »

This book hit me hard. It is hands down one of the best books I've ever read, probably the best book I've ever read (next to Perks of Being a Wallflower and the harry potters of course). It's about a guy named Leonard Peacock who's decided enough is enough; so he goes to school with a gun hidden on his person with the intent being to kill his best friend and himself. The story follows him as he gives presents to specific people in his life, thinks about what's led him there, and goes through the internal struggle of 'do I live or do i die?' The best thing about it is that the ending was so realistic. Finally someone really understands what it's like not just to be in a dark place but what it's like to keep going. I recommend this to those, like me, who are struggling to cope, it really helps.Trust me. There are things in this book that you can try at home (HELPFUL THINGS NOT LETHAL!) and believe me when I say they work. God do they work.

Do I even need to say it? infinity/10 rereading it a million times.
Latest Review: "The Saltwater Ghost" by Shiela Jane
buucloud
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by buucloud »

I completely agree with this! The author completely knew the feelings that come tied to suicidal thoughts. Not only that, but the way of writing was beautiful. Thoughout the book, I got to know Leonard completely. The book takes place in just two days, but it told past events in such a good way. It didn't make me think it was dumb, a waste of time, or got me uninterested. I recommend this book 100% to all those sad souls who need a hug.
SPasciuti
Favorite Author: Marissa Meyer
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 46410">The Wendy</a>
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spasciuti.html
Latest Review: Samuel by Samuel kidstar
fav_author_id: 2388

Post by SPasciuti »

I've never heard of this book, but it definitely sounds really good from what you've written about it. I already have so many questions just from the small amount you've written and I have a feeling they're going to fuel my desire to start this book sooner rather than later.
buucloud
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by buucloud »

SPasciuti wrote: 09 Jan 2018, 15:22 I've never heard of this book, but it definitely sounds really good from what you've written about it. I already have so many questions just from the small amount you've written and I have a feeling they're going to fuel my desire to start this book sooner rather than later.
I’m trying to reply but this is like my second time using this web so I apologize if it goes wrong haha!
Anyways, I hope you enjoy the book, and please tell us what you think :)
SPasciuti
Favorite Author: Marissa Meyer
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 46410">The Wendy</a>
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spasciuti.html
Latest Review: Samuel by Samuel kidstar
fav_author_id: 2388

Post by SPasciuti »

buucloud wrote: 09 Jan 2018, 15:43
SPasciuti wrote: 09 Jan 2018, 15:22 I've never heard of this book, but it definitely sounds really good from what you've written about it. I already have so many questions just from the small amount you've written and I have a feeling they're going to fuel my desire to start this book sooner rather than later.
I’m trying to reply but this is like my second time using this web so I apologize if it goes wrong haha!
Anyways, I hope you enjoy the book, and please tell us what you think :)
Of course! I'll definitely remember to drop by here and let you guys know. :D
Whippet
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-whippet.html
Latest Review: "Bleeding Gull - look, feel, fly" by Raed Anis Aljishi

Post by Whippet »

I've read some mixed reviews about this but that makes it even more worth a read. Especially given such a relevant topic that it deals with. Thanks for sharing.
Latest Review: "Bleeding Gull - look, feel, fly" by Raed Anis Aljishi

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”