Our Chemical Hearts - Krystal Sutherland

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Paperalki+
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paperalki.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Our Chemical Hearts - Krystal Sutherland

Post by Paperalki+ »

Okay so I just got my Arc for this book, it comes out in September and I am SO EXCITED to read it!

Henry Page has never been in love. He fancies himself a hopeless romantic, but the slo-mo, heart palpitating, can't-eat-can't-sleep kind of love that he's been hoping for just hasn't been in the cards for him - at least not yet. Instead, he's been happy to focus on his grades, on getting into a semi-decent college and finally becoming editor of his school newspaper. Then Grace Town walks into his first period class on the third Tuesday of senior year and he knows everything's about to change.

Grace isn't who Henry pictured as his dream girl; she walks with a cane, wears oversized boys' clothes, and rarely seems to shower. But when Grace and Henry are both chosen to edit the school paper, he quickly finds himself falling for her. It's obvious there's something broken about Grace, but it seems to make her even more beautiful to Henry, and he wants nothing more than to help her put the pieces back together again. And yet, this isn't your average story of boy meets girl.

Because I have an ARC just remember when I post my review of this book it will based on uncorrected text.

Bye Friends! :tiphat:
Megan01
Currently Reading: The Lord of the Rings
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megan01.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Megan01 »

I read this book and I loved it! I especially loved the ending, which was what I was hoping for. I like the characters' singularity and how the story was told. I can say I spent a great time reading this book and I recommend it to anyone who likes love stories that don't follow the average love story trope.
Jude Austin
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jude-austin.html
Latest Review: The Palm Reader by Christopher Bowron

Post by Jude Austin »

This premise intrigues me a little. Usually, I avoid romance, but I'm curious to know more about Grace and her background.
dianaterrado
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dianaterrado.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by dianaterrado »

I've been meaning to read this book. I've read the other work of the author, A Semi Definitive List of Worst Nightmares, and loved it! Thanks for the review.
"We should all have something to be weirdly passionate about."
dianaterrado
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dianaterrado.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by dianaterrado »

I love A Semi Definitive List of Worst Nightmares by the same author. I just never gotten around to reading Our Chemical Hearts. But I will remedy that before seeing the movie.
"We should all have something to be weirdly passionate about."

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”