Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined by Stephenie Meyer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
BookLover25
Currently Reading: Life and Death
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklover25.html

Icon Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined by Stephenie Meyer

Post by BookLover25 »

I heard from some people that this confused some people because they couldn't separate the characters from the Twilight version. Now I just started reading this book and I was a little apprehensive because of what other people said. But I am loving this book, I have no problem separating Bella/Beau and Edward/Edythe. It's the same story but so different at the same time. I'm only like three chapters in but I can already tell it's going to be a fast read. I highly recommend this book to who love the original series and who haven't read them yet. Over all I was pleasantly surprised by the beginning. :o :D
Elizabeth Pass
Favorite Book: Dealing with Dragons (Enchanted Forest Chronicles, #1)
Currently Reading: Reign
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bb587.html
Latest Review: COVIDinners by Katie M Zeigler

Post by Elizabeth Pass »

I was also surprised by how much I enjoyed this book! I had no problem separating the characters while still comparing them in my head. I think I finished the book within a day of getting it. It took me so long to read it because I already had my complete twilight collection and didn't want the double-sided book version.
Chanti Stargirl
Currently Reading: The Improbable Wonders of Moojie Littleman
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chanti-stargirl.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by Chanti Stargirl »

I haven't read this book and I'm trying to decide if I should. I read the original series, and absolutely loved it. I think I read it like six times. I've hesitated in reading Life and Death because I'm terrified that the male character comes across as weak, helpless and pathetic. After reading your posts I think I'll give it a try, I'm curious to see how it's different ...
nikkyteewhy
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Dues
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyteewhy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by nikkyteewhy »

I liked the original books and I will love to try it out. I hope it is as good as you say it is because while I wouldn't say I was not impressed with the regular one, because I was, I won't be impressed reading the same story over again with a different title.
Alpha bae
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Alpha bae »

It sounded awkward to hear twilight again after the movie,“twilight saga" was a hit. Going by your review it seems interesting. I hope I won't have problems separating the characters as well. So long as it's e entertaining, I'll try it out. Who knows I might pick something you missed out of the story.
NSehra
Currently Reading: Cinderella and Colonel
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by NSehra »

I hadn't really made up my mind regarding reading this book. I loved twilight as a teenager so I didn't want to spoil it for myself. But I will read it now
jesscat304
Favorite Book: The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A f*ck
Currently Reading: It Ends with Us
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesscat304.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by jesscat304 »

I have never heard of this version before and it sounds very interesting. I loved the original version of the twilight series, so I hope it does not wreck the original for me, but as long as I think of it as something different I’m sure I will enjoy it.
Emma3164
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emma3164.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Emma3164 »

I’ve heard mixed reviews about it and wasn’t sure if I wanted to take the plunge and give it a go when I liked the original ‘twilight saga’ a lot, but I think maybe because it’s been so long I should give Life and Death a go to you rate it!
Rasa Motiejunaite
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Favorite Book: Life and Death
Currently Reading: Eat, Pray, Love
Bookshelf Size: 11
fav_author_id: 2594

Post by Rasa Motiejunaite »

I LOVED this book so much. It's said that if you make a coppy or a re-make of something you have to make it so much more cool that the original version. And it's true Life and Death is so much more that the original Twilight. It's such a good book, I can' t recomend it enough.🤟💘💖
Sav Sparkman
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 91%

Post by Sav Sparkman »

Anyone who is on the fence about reading this book, but loves Twilight, I highly recommend reading it! I had some apprehensions at first, but I agree with the original poster that it is not hard to separate the characters in Twilight from the reimagined ones in Life and Death. The story is just as compelling as the original, but the way the characters are re-written sheds a different light on the story. It is a very enjoyable read, and I’m glad I own a copy that sits on my shelf beside the original series!
“Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” —Helen Keller

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”