Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MatthewAlexander
Currently Reading: It's Kind of a Funny Story
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-matthewalexander.html
Latest Review: "Jump" by Michel Sauret

Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare

Post by MatthewAlexander »

I read and loved Clarems other series, The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices. I'm a little worried that Lady Midnight won't hold up to Clare's other books, but excited to read it nonetheless! Anyone else excited?
Latest Review: "Jump" by Michel Sauret
VinuW
Favorite Author: Richelle Mead
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vinuw.html
Latest Review: "The Prodigal Daughter" by Patricia Nmukoso Enyi
fav_author_id: 782

Post by VinuW »

I am! :D I want to read the book very badly, but then I would have to wait a long time to read Lord of Shadows, and the wait would be agonizing. I guess my problem is 'to read or not to read?' :eusa-think:
“He who jumps may fall, but he may also fly. It’s time to jump.” Lauren Oliver, Requiem
Latest Review: "The Prodigal Daughter" by Patricia Nmukoso Enyi
book_geek
Currently Reading: Black Ice
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by book_geek »

I'm a bit nervous about reading this book, truth be told. Out of the two series by Clare, Infernal Devices is my favorite one by far. I read the Mortal Instruments, too, but I just liked ID better.

I'm really hoping this book won't turn up a disappointment. Very, very hoping.

The thing is is that people already started criticizing it and I'm kind of freaking out! :shifty:
ReadingInfinity
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readinginfinity.html

Post by ReadingInfinity »

Lady Midnight was amazing. It gets a bit confusing at times (maybe I was Just distracted) but I liked it a lot. It was well written and gives us some insight to some other interesting stories. Also, it gives us a short story about some of our favorite characters from the Mortal instruments series.
BeverlyM
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by BeverlyM »

This was a book I was eager to come out! I've read most of Cassandra Clare's books. I hate to say I was unprepared to finish Lady Midnight in just three days. I hate that I read through it so fast that I have a long wait until the next. I'll have to re read or find a new favorite to hold me over!
fsdred
Favorite Author: Rainbow Rowell
Currently Reading: Alice in Wonderland (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland #1)
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fsdred.html
fav_author_id: 2837

Post by fsdred »

I can't wait to read this! I love all her other mortal instruments and infernal devices books. It is a definite on my "To Read" list.
BookSavvy90
Currently Reading: Fangirl
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booksavvy90.html
Latest Review: "The Saltwater Ghost" by Shiela Jane

Post by BookSavvy90 »

Lady Midnight was freaking fantastic! I mean sure there were parts that had me kinda scratching my head like huh? But it was still a really good book. Plenty of action and mystery and of course romance full of issues that keeps the main couple apart. The ending though, that freaking ending left me hungry for more. I am just dying to read the next one because that was just one hell of a open ending. I literally slammed my book shut and was like: REALLY?!?!?! I also found it nice to know what has happened to the original characters (Clary, Jace, Malec, Sizzy << BTW anyone else freak out at the Sizzy part and the Clary and Jace part at the end? No? Just me?..okay.) now that they are all adults. It was like a nice little reunion that warmed my heart.

I loved it!

:)
Latest Review: "The Saltwater Ghost" by Shiela Jane
nina-mouawad
Currently Reading: A Feast For Crows
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nina-mouawad.html

Post by nina-mouawad »

Anyone who has read a book by Cassandra Clare either The Mortal Instruments Series or The Infernal Devices, has at some point thought, this woman cannot write something better than this series, there is just no way. And yet here she is, doing it again. I don't think I can even explain in any form of words or sentences how much I absolutely adored this book. I took it with me everywhere from the bathroom to the car, I literally could not put it down.
Laws are meaningless, child. There is nothing more important than love. And no law higher.
So let's start with the plot. This book was probably one of Cassie's most intriguing since it had just so much secrecy and mystery to it. With every new turn you think you've figured it out but you haven't and it just keeps you on your toes and wanting to find out more. And you just fall in love with all the characters so freaking much that Ii still have no idea which one of the Blackthorns is my favorite.
And now the wait for the second book begins. *cries*
bumpleby

Post by bumpleby »

I loved The Mortal Instrument series so I picked this book up to read as well. Honestly it was a bit hard for me to get into the book at the beginning. I am usually one to read books rather fast, and this one took a lot longer than normal for me to get interested into. By the middle of the book my interest was finally intrigued and I was caught up once again into the world of shadow hunters and demons. I look forward to the next book in the series.
-denisesmith-
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-denisesmith.html
Reading Device: B00S8PFVGM

Post by -denisesmith- »

I love Lady of Midnight it's sad thought I really hope that Emma be with Julian I hoping it there will be Jemma in the next book :D :lol:
Prim
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prim.html

Post by Prim »

"You’re walking the edge of a razor , Julian, with everything you hide. Believe me, I’ve walked that razor half my life. You get used to it, so used to it sometimes you forget that you’re bleeding.”
Before I share my view about the book I really want to say that Lady Midnight is yet another fantastic piece of work done by Cassandra Clare. She has not only done an extremely good job in weaving an intricate & beautiful plot marvelously but has also taken care not to make it a clumsy affair.

The characters in the book are so well-done that they bring live the context stunningly and it’s a pleasure reading them as we hop into a journey of friendship, family, forbidden love and more. Emma Cartsaire is bold, beautiful and nothing less than what we would expect from a teenage Shadowhunter who is fueled by the burning desire for revenge of her parent’s death. Julian is the straight opposite of Emma with his calm and contemplating demeanor, but what wins our heart is his stubborn mind-set to keep his family together and his struggle to realize the idea amidst the many problems. Even though Julian is portrayed way different from all previous Cassandra Clare’s Shadowhunter male protagonists, he is easily lovable as we are able to connect and empathize with him deeper.

Cassandra Clare’s determined attempt in bringing out the family ties among Julian and the kids is inevitably seen through the pages that it makes it one of the most relishing work in the book. The characters of the kids Ty, Livvy, Dru and Tavvy are also done well, but since we see them through the eyes of Julian and Emma it sometimes feel like they are younger than their described age. I also loved Mark’s side of the story as his struggles fitting in and his feeling of being left out are quite evident.

One of the biggest highlights in the book is Emma and Julian’s forbidden love story, as I loved how Cassandra Clare dealt with the pair’s emotions and their desires. The forbidden love between the two Parabatai’s has been taken slow and is not only heart-warming but also keeps us on the edge of our seats making us wish all the time that they end up together.

Overall the book is fast paced, engrossing and brilliantly written, as it gives us a complete satisfaction of delving into a world of actions, emotions, family, friends, teenagers & Shadowhunters very smoothly.

I would recommend this book to anyone who loves a fascinating story merged with a journey of emotions and actions. I almost want to give this book a 5 stars but I think 4.5 stars would be the best. Nonetheless, the book is awesome and its worth a read.
Heathernross26
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =9179">Red Queen</a>
Currently Reading: James and the Giant Peach
Bookshelf Size: 213

Post by Heathernross26 »

What I loved about Lady Midnight is that it continues the stories of some of my favorite characters from The Mortal Instruments series. I was always curious in what was to come of the Blackthorns (Mark in particular) and Emma Carstairs. Julian is a hero to his younger siblings who were orphaned due to the Dark War and his parabatai Emma is a badass shadowhunter. I love the romantic twist Clare threw into this book having them fall in love. Forbidden love tends to lead to great novels. These teens are the epitomy of what its like to be brave, fearless, and caring as they lead the younger Blackthorns. Marks release from the Wild Hunt is what Jules bargained for. Mark tries throughout the book to redeem himself as a shadowhunter and proove himself a good sibling but constantly has inner battles because somethings he cannot change. The fact that he is half fairie being one of them. Together, there is nothing this family cant or wont do to protect themselves.
RCoy85
Currently Reading: Disney at last
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by RCoy85 »

I enjoyed this book. I have enjoyed all the books that Cassandra has written in the Shadowhunter world. I enjoyed The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices. I have read Lord of Shadows and enjoyed it. I can't wait til the next one comes out.
Loved it!
Jfoust1988
Currently Reading: The Vampire Secret
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jfoust1988.html
Latest Review: Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles

Post by Jfoust1988 »

I liked lady midnight but I think its the lesser of its predecessors.
MiziS_1305
Favorite Book: The Lost Symbol
Currently Reading: Toni the Superhero
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mizis-1305.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by MiziS_1305 »

After reading the synopsis of Lady Midnight, I really wished to read it but I am quite impatient and can't wait for the last book to be released. So just planning to wait till December and then buy the trilogy and begin enjoying it. It will be my first time reading Cassandra, so just hope the book does not disappoint me.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”