Rereading Harry Potter Series

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.

Favorite of the Series

Sorcerer's Stone
13%
Chamber of Secrets
3%
Prisoner of Azkaban
25%
Goblet of Fire
17%
Order of the Phoenix
14%
Half Blood Prince
14%
Deathly Hallows
14%

Total votes: 303

eallison916
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... lexicon</a>
Currently Reading: The Dusty Ones
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eallison916.html

Re: Rereading Harry Potter Series

Post by eallison916 »

sneakylikafox wrote:I have read the Harry Potter series a handful of times now and I am always captured by The Order of The Phoenix. I can't place my finger on any literary aspects of the book that I like over the other books, I think that I simply register the 5th book as the 'beginning of the end' of the Potter series and it makes me suck in every little detail of the book.

P.S. Hands down my favorite book series of all time.
The Order of the Phoenix is my favorite too... something about how real it all becomes for the characters at this point, how it's no longer this scary story that may or may not become a reality. Harry's faced the end of the maze in The Goblet of Fire, he's really seen it now, and book 5 is the beginning of that new reality. "It makes me suck in every little detail of the book" - I couldn't have said it better. Something about it being the "beginning of the end" just makes it that much more urgent of a read. Love this series - what an amazing world J.K. Rowling created!
Jilliebean88
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jilliebean88 »

I just finish them a few weeks ago. I was preparing for Cursed Child. I love Prisoner because it introduces the Mauraders.
CameronJanssen1500
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cameronjanssen1500.html

Post by CameronJanssen1500 »

Haven't read them but should
j jagelovicz
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: Crime and Punishment
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j-jagelovicz.html

Post by j jagelovicz »

I've read this series several times in the last few years and I've fallen deeper in love with this story every time. Rowling's attention to detail is astounding. Every time I read the books I come across some previously overlooked piece of information or foreshadowing. This series is my go to for when I need a pick me up or a quick escape from reality. I love to get lost in that magical world and just pretend I'm living in the books. I love the series in its entirety, but if I had to choose a favorite it would either be The Order of the Phoenix or The Half-Blood Prince. I agree that the movies were somewhat of a let down with the amount of material that was either left out entirely or changed, but I still enjoy watching them when I don't have the time to devote to reading the books again.
KacieLW
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kacielw.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Post by KacieLW »

I think my favorites are The Prisoner of Azkaban and The Goblet of Fire. But it's so hard to chose because I really love all of them. I've read all of the books and then also listened to them on CD more times than I can count. I haven't read or listened to them in quite a while though, so I think I am going to actually re-read all of the books here pretty soon.
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
brosapep15

Post by brosapep15 »

So I'm that girl who has to reread a whole series if a new one comes up at the end. Therefore, here I am rereading the whole Harry Potter series because of the new one added to the end just came out. I got a late start into it though, and I am just in the middle of the third. Its been years since I've read this beloved series and I cannot express how much I have missed entering the magical world and zoning out again. I'm in my mid 20s now and it just takes me back to those summers that I sat by my local creek in the high grass hiding from my parents. I read the series numerous times, so every time I finish, I have a new favorite. I wonder which one will be my favorite book this time through?
bellesmom
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellesmom.html

Post by bellesmom »

I may have to reread the series, as it's been several years since I initially read them as well. Like usual, the books are always better than the movies. I remember always getting a kick out of the twins antics in the Harry Potter series but felt that they never got much play time or any character development in the actual movies.
Sanda Milinkovic

Post by Sanda Milinkovic »

brosapep15 wrote: I'm in my mid 20s now and it just takes me back to those summers that I sat by my local creek in the high grass hiding from my parents.
I can relate to this. When the fifth book arrived, it was a school night. But I couldn`t wait to read it so I stole my dad`s flashlight and hide under my blanket. Because my mother was checking on me until she fell asleep. I have read the whole book in one night while hiding. I am too in my mid-20s and now I can enjoy them all over again, with no fear from my mom :D :D

But, on the subject, my favourite book is The Philosopher Stone. Because it was the first one. I will never forget those warm feelings I had while reading it. Meeting Harry, Ron, and Hermione, getting introduced in Diagon Alley and the wizarding world.. that book will always have a special place in my heart because that is the book where everything started for me.
BookSavvy90
Currently Reading: Fangirl
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booksavvy90.html
Latest Review: "The Saltwater Ghost" by Shiela Jane

Post by BookSavvy90 »

My heart will always belong to the Prisoner of Askaban simply because it introduces my #1 favorite male character (and by that I mean he's tied with Harry duh!) Sirius Black. I like all the others but let's face it books 5-7 are a pain to get through especially since you know tragedy is coming and chances are you're going to bawl your eyes out. Or maybe that's just me. POA also introduces us to Remus "Moony" Lupin whom I love to death and who breaks my heart just because his backstory is so tragic and that he felt the need to quit his job (eventhough he was the coolest DADA professor ever) because he knew no one would want him there when or if the truth ever came out. Not to mention the Marauders map is introduced which is my favorite magical artifact ever mentioned in the books and movies.

I can go on and on forever but you get the gist of it.

:D
Latest Review: "The Saltwater Ghost" by Shiela Jane
SarahNewtown
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahnewtown.html

Post by SarahNewtown »

I cannot count the number of times I have reread the Harry Potter series, and I have never even been on bed rest :) Though I do wish I could experience the series for the first time over and over, I must admit that rereading the series is still quite magical and captivating. I guess I just love it that much. I believe my favorite book in the series has to be Prisoner of Azkaban, although it is very close for all seven. The story of book three is just so enthralling and different, in my opinion. I feel the story is complex in the way it intertwines storylines, explores character personalities, and keeps the reader guessing from beginning to end. However, the book is simple enough to make it a fun and easy read. In fact, the plot twists are quite fun.

-- 30 Aug 2016, 15:53 --

I cannot count the number of times I have reread the Harry Potter series, and I have never even been on bed rest :) Though I do wish I could experience the series for the first time over and over, I must admit that rereading the series is still quite magical and captivating. I guess I just love it that much. I believe my favorite book in the series has to be Prisoner of Azkaban, although it is very close for all seven. The story of book three is just so enthralling and different, in my opinion. I feel the story is complex in the way it intertwines storylines, explores character personalities, and keeps the reader guessing from beginning to end. However, the book is simple enough to make it a fun and easy read. In fact, the plot twists are quite fun.
littleberry
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-littleberry.html

Post by littleberry »

Goblet of Fire has always been my favorite. I've been thinking about rereading the series lately and all this talk has made me want to even more!
ArsenicCookies
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 292">Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone</a>
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arseniccookies.html
Latest Review: "Just a Few Inches" by Tara St. Pierre

Post by ArsenicCookies »

My favorite of the series has to be The Prisoner of Azkaban. I was the same age as Harry as the books came out and the Dementors helped me give my depression a face. I learned to deal with it because of my love for Harry. By the time the fourth novel came out my copy of POA was falling apart. It is definitely my most loved book.
Latest Review: "Just a Few Inches" by Tara St. Pierre
georgialeesxoxo

Post by georgialeesxoxo »

I decided to reread the series to read cursed child as the eighth book. So far I am on goblet of fire and the magic never fades.
Bryt11

Post by Bryt11 »

I'm re-reading the series, currently on Chamber of Secrets. It's hard to pick a favorite, but I think I'd have to go with Goblet of Fire. It's been so long since I've read it, but I just love all the different creatures we discover in it (mermaid, dragons, blast ended skrewts) and getting a taste of what other wizarding schools are like. Really I love everything about Harry Potter! :D
lane_vespertine
Currently Reading: Ilium
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lane-vespertine.html
Latest Review: "Hell Holes 2" by Donald Firesmith

Post by lane_vespertine »

I was a big fan of all the books that had come out when I was in High School. This included the first four.
Then the movies... boo!!
I continued to read the books as they came out, more out of habit than sincere desire. But I was just eager to be done with it by the end.
Perhaps I should preempt the broken ankle and just reread them in earnest anyway.
Latest Review: "Hell Holes 2" by Donald Firesmith

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”