Rereading Harry Potter Series

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.

Favorite of the Series

Sorcerer's Stone
13%
Chamber of Secrets
3%
Prisoner of Azkaban
25%
Goblet of Fire
17%
Order of the Phoenix
14%
Half Blood Prince
14%
Deathly Hallows
14%

Total votes: 303

Abrar098
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Rereading Harry Potter Series

Post by Abrar098 »

Honestly I loved all the books of Harry Potter series . But if you ask me I'll say the first (the sorcerer's stone ) and the last ( Deathly hallows) are very good and interesting . As in the first , they introduce the character Harry Potter as a great wizard and the chosen one , and from there , his journey begins...and the last one because all that time I was considering Professor Snape a bad guy , but the last one totally changed my mind . Snape's love for Lily and Harry , to protect Harry always because of the love he has for Lily is just amazing... I almost fell for that segment .. at last I wanna say , you should read the books as they are not similar as the movies . Read and please let me know which series do you like and why ?? :)
sush_destiny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sush-destiny.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by sush_destiny »

I am surprised to see that Prisoner of Azkaban has the most votes. I liked it, but I wouldn't even have chosen it as my 4th favorite in the series.
Choine
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-choine.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
Reading Device: 1400699894

Post by Choine »

I'm sorry to hear about your ankle. I always reread the HP Series once a year and I find something new in them each time. My favorite is the Half-Blood Prince. I love the flashbacks into Snape's past and how a lot of the memories shown really explain the entire background of the series.
VAwkOb12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by VAwkOb12 »

All Harry Potter books are favs of mine except Harry Potter and the cursed child.

Unlike the previous novels in the Harry Potter series, that have Harry living with the dursleys, then him going to hogwarts where he discovers how famous he is, and finds a family(sirius, dumbledore, hermione, ron)who help him fight against voldermort, the cursed child is about Harry as a grown up with Children going to hogwarts.

Why should Harry's son be called dumbledore but have no wizard power. I didn't like this twist because he had a very hard time with people saying how useless he was compared to his father.
Shelly Caetano
Currently Reading: Altered Carbon
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelly-caetano.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Shelly Caetano »

Prisoner of Azkaban is definitely my favorite. I totally agree with you, Book-Ron is far more appealing than Movie-Ron. My favorite characters were always Fred and George, who were barely even in the movies. I also loved Peeves, who wasn't in the movies at all! I was one of the few Harry Potter fans growing up that wasn't all that happy with the movies. How do you feel about the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them?
colorsparkle
Currently Reading: Becoming
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-colorsparkle.html
Latest Review: The Land of Sunshine and Hell by Maxene Raices

Post by colorsparkle »

I’ve read the series four times. Naturally, my favorite book when I finished had been Deathly Hallows. But rereading this most recent time, I realized that I’d under appreciated PoA for a long time. It has, by far, the best pace!
camillegermo
Currently Reading: This Will Only Hurt a Little
Bookshelf Size: 71

Post by camillegermo »

I had to reread the first HP book for my literature class and the euphoria I got from the nostalgia was just incredible. I felt like I was in fifth grade again, without a care in the world. Harry Potter was my childhood and I wish to pass down its magic to my own kids in the future.
rockkk_20
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by rockkk_20 »

I have read the Harry Potter series over and over when I have a free time to spare. Each time that I read a certain book in the series, I learn something new. Which is kind of surprising because I know each detail of the book, perks of reading it over and over.

My favourite book out of the seven novels in the series is the Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Because for me, it values family and friendship. It was emphasised in this book. Well, the whole series actually values family and friendship. But in this book, it was explained really well. The plot and the overall story of the book was told well, that I learned heaps and heaps of lessons and facts about the Harry Potter series.

Fun fact is that, I watched all the movies first before reading them. After watching the movie, there were gaps in the story that I keep questioning myself. So in the end, I read the all the series in just under two weeks. And ever since I’ve read it, I couldn’t stay out of it. It’s like a story that doesn’t need to end, you know? It’s like you keep coming back for more.

I highly recommend giving the series a read because it talks about important matters that we can apply it in our lives. The fact that it is a children’s book, it’s really amazing. This book is not only for kids, but also teen and adults can read this because I feel like all ages can relate.

So all in all, the series are amazing! Give it a read and you won’t regret it!
-Tinuthien-
Currently Reading: Mrs Dalloway
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tinuthien.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Post by -Tinuthien- »

Currenly rereading The Prisoner of Azkaban in the version illustrated by Jim Kay. I love his portrayal of the magic world. It is a little wonkier than the polished film portrayal, which suits Rowling's descriptions much better than the film does. Also, love Rowling's use of the colour purple. I mean, a giant purple megaphone is so much better than just a megaphone, isn't it?
iced_sunshine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iced-sunshine.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by iced_sunshine »

I also plan to reread the series sometime this year but my favourite is probably Goblet of Fire because of how big it is and how much character development it has. I think J. K. Rowling really outdid herself in that one. We got to see everyone grow exceptionally well and I loved that.
coffeeteal
Currently Reading: The Grand
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reading Device: B07RB71NTN

Post by coffeeteal »

I've re-read all the books thrice so far :techie-reference:
Reading about their school is always so satisfying and I go back and keep wishing about how it would be if my school was like that.
I love all the books but my most favourite is the first one because of which I got to read the entire series. It is also the most innocent and our one without much darkness in the story and it is as simple and touching as a children's book.
My next favourite is the Prisoner of Azhkaban for so many reasons and Sirius Black is one of the main reasons :lol: as he became my first fantasy/fiction crush. I love the later books but I couldn't make peace with how darker their world gets and the killing of the innocents, especially Hedwig :P
Nisha Ward
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Garth Nix
Favorite Book: Binti Home
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer
Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
fav_author_id: 4351

Post by Nisha Ward »

I've reread them three times. This is my fourth time doing that because I'm reading them alongside Harry Potter and the Sacred Text, Unspoilt and Potterless. Those podcasts certainly present an interesting perspective on the books.
"...while a book has got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the reader it's got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the writer as well." - Terry Pratchett on The Last Continent and his writing.
Melissa Breen
Currently Reading: World War Z
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissa-breen.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Melissa Breen »

I go from it being Goblet of Fire to Order of the Phoenix. Goblet of Fire is so emotional and fun. But I love that Order of the Phoenix is the first time Harry's wizarding and muggle worlds collide. It brought a whole new dynamic into the books.
S Mishra
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-s-mishra.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by S Mishra »

My favourite part of rereading Harry Potter is all noticing all the foreshadowing that J.K Rowling has done throughout the stories. Also there are so many little moments and details that you don't notice the first time. Re-reading the series makes me appreciate all the characters and the plot even more.
"If anyone needs me, I’ll be reading.... Please don’t need me."
Arvizualexia
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Arvizualexia »

Harry potter is my favorite book series I have ever read I would really recommend if you are into fantasy or if you like suspence and a fun adventure to read.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”