Rereading Harry Potter Series

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.

Favorite of the Series

Sorcerer's Stone
13%
Chamber of Secrets
3%
Prisoner of Azkaban
25%
Goblet of Fire
17%
Order of the Phoenix
14%
Half Blood Prince
14%
Deathly Hallows
14%

Total votes: 303

RoxieReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roxiereads.html
Latest Review: Code Name Lily by Julien Ayotte

Re: Rereading Harry Potter Series

Post by RoxieReads »

I am rereading this awesome series and just finished Half Blood Prince! For obvious reasons, I am really sad, but excited to go on.
~Roxie~
Brandt
Currently Reading: Under the Dome
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandt.html
Latest Review: Eggstravagant Easter Eggs by Maya Elston

Post by Brandt »

I love re-reading the Harry Potter series knowing what is ahead and seeing the small seeds that Rowling put in place ahead of time. It also is just so nostalgic you can't help but smile and feel warm inside when going back to a place you love like Hogwarts or Diagon Alley.
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."
~Oscar Wilde
HanSmith97
Currently Reading: A Gentleman in Moscow
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hansmith97.html
Latest Review: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy Book 1 by Claire Youmans

Post by HanSmith97 »

Prisoner of Azkaban has always been my absolute favourite book in the series. But whenever I ask anyone their thoughts they always seem to respond with Goblet of Fire so I was very surprised to see Prisoner of Azkaban rated as number one!
Serrah Miles
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Serrah Miles »

My all time favorite books are 1,4,7.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - opened my interest on Harry Potter

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - I love the Tri-Wizard tournament.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Made me cry. Saddest moment is when Dobby died.
supraja_prasad
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Burn Zones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-supraja-prasad.html
Latest Review: Doppelgänger by Marc J. Seifer
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by supraja_prasad »

I finished rereading the series a couple of months back and though I knew what was fated for our beloved characters I was still awed. I was able to find out a number of Easter eggs leading up to the final showdown across the seven books and this is the 3rd time I re-read them, binged on would actually be a better word. But this was my first attempt at getting back to reading after a reading drought that has lasted for quite some years now. And I thought, let me go back to the beginning (Enid Blyton and Ruskin Bond were my first) but Rowling is close enough, and after she inspired a generation to pickup the books...
HarryPotterLibrary22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harrypotterlibrary22.html
Latest Review: Watchwords (black and white) by Philip Neal Gatter

Post by HarryPotterLibrary22 »

supraja_prasad wrote: 30 Nov 2019, 22:15 I finished rereading the series a couple of months back and though I knew what was fated for our beloved characters I was still awed. I was able to find out a number of Easter eggs leading up to the final showdown across the seven books and this is the 3rd time I re-read them, binged on would actually be a better word. But this was my first attempt at getting back to reading after a reading drought that has lasted for quite some years now. And I thought, let me go back to the beginning (Enid Blyton and Ruskin Bond were my first) but Rowling is close enough, and after she inspired a generation to pickup the books...
I adore re-reading Harry Potter! I find loads of Easter eggs every time that I've either never noticed or had forgotten about. I'm glad it's gotten you back into reading as well!
[Danielle]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danielle.html
Latest Review: The Global Reconstruction Project by S. Cotton

Post by [Danielle] »

My favorite part about re-reading the Harry Potter series is noticing how my perspective on the series has changed since I was a child! I still love them, but for different reasons than when I was 6. I also find that I continue to get more out of them even as I read them again and again.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Kenesha Latoya Fowler
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenesha-latoya-fowler.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Post by Kenesha Latoya Fowler »

My goodness, I can't even remember how many times I've re-read every book in the Harry Potter series. I enjoy them all, every time! I knew the series had to end, of course, but it was bittersweet for me when it did.

I think, if I must pick a favorite, it would be Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. In this book a lot of questions were answered concerning why things were the way they were and Harry's fate. I couldn't put the book down. Well, I was like that for all the books! :techie-studyingbrown:
"No one is ever satisfied where he is," said the switchman.
~from The Little Prince by Antoine De Saint-Exupéry~
tannus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tannus.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Post by tannus »

I always wanted to re-read Harry potter because the first I was so intrigued I binge-read them all in few days. This time I want to slowly enjoy the books.
supraja_prasad
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Burn Zones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-supraja-prasad.html
Latest Review: Doppelgänger by Marc J. Seifer
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by supraja_prasad »

[Danielle] wrote: 01 Jan 2020, 16:45 My favorite part about re-reading the Harry Potter series is noticing how my perspective on the series has changed since I was a child! I still love them, but for different reasons than when I was 6. I also find that I continue to get more out of them even as I read them again and again.
Oh, this I can relate to on so many levels! Happy reading!
Books may well be the only true magic.
~Alice Hoffman
Riza_bookworm

Post by Riza_bookworm »

I have finished reading all the Harry Potter books at a young age and one my favourites is the prisoner of azkaban because I like Sirius a lot so the order of the phoenix was very tragic for me because sirius fies.
JordanRawrz

Post by JordanRawrz »

I've reread the Harry Potter series 6 times already and I keep going back to it, even when I have new books to read. I honestly cannot stay away from it because it's such an amazing series and my favorite books in the entire world. Hogwarts will forever be my home. :D
Nabiha 8117

Post by Nabiha 8117 »

I love the Harry Potter series. The books are just phenomenal and breath taking. I just re-read the series and I still love it. It still gives me happiness and anger at the times of reading the book. I loved it , love it and will always love it. 😜
Brooke_4

Post by Brooke_4 »

I am currently rereading the Harry Potter series. I have just finished Prisoner of Azkaban and am now starting Goblet of Fire. I am also watching the movies for the first time with my boyfriend. I’m really excited to be able to revisit this world and still be as excited as I was the first time I read them.
cookiedough
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cookiedough.html
Latest Review: Dying Well by Susan Ducharme Hoben
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by cookiedough »

I definitely re-read the books as well. My favorite is the third book. It was reassuring that Harry finally had someone as a family member. But J.K. likes to tease us with happiness only to take it away in a later book. I do wish Sirius was around for Harry; he would have been the right guardian Harry always wanted.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”