Rereading Harry Potter Series

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.

Favorite of the Series

Sorcerer's Stone
13%
Chamber of Secrets
3%
Prisoner of Azkaban
25%
Goblet of Fire
17%
Order of the Phoenix
14%
Half Blood Prince
14%
Deathly Hallows
14%

Total votes: 303

JCunha77
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jcunha77.html

Re: Rereading Harry Potter Series

Post by JCunha77 »

I just love this series. My favorite is the deathly hallows. Jk Rowling has inspired me to follow my dream of becoming a writer. I will always reread this series it is by far one of my favorites. The writing is truly a work of art.
BooksAreCool
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booksarecool.html

Post by BooksAreCool »

I just finished re reading the Harry Potter series again!

My favourite books would have to be The Prisoner of Azkaban (I just love all the things happening at the same time and all the suspense) and The Half Blood Prince (again I just love everything about this book.) I just watched The Half Blood Prince for like the 4th time and I still love it so much.

I actually love all the movies! The effects and everything are amazing and yeah its a really great series. I really recommend it!!
Elephantom
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reading Device: 1400699894

Post by Elephantom »

I periodically reread the series and I'm always noticing new things. I think my favorite is GoF, but OotP comes in a reeeaaally close second. Revisiting old series when I can't find a new one to read is always relaxing.
Bobbylou Chandler

Post by Bobbylou Chandler »

I guess it is a hallmark of a masterpiece isn't it, when so many people re-read books from time to time. I love the Harry Potter series and I re-read certain favourite passages when the mood strikes ;)
I voted for the third book as my favourite, but when I felt nostalgic I re-read the first book, and the experience remains as magical as when I first started the series.
jlarmstr

Post by jlarmstr »

I love HP in general, but my favorite is Prisoner of Azkaban. I try to read the series every year, but I have not reread them this year yet.
Divastar24
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-divastar24.html

Post by Divastar24 »

I love this series!! I have reread the entire series multiple times. It .time I reread them I discover something new that I missed the last time. I think my favorite book is The Prisoner of Azkaban because that's when Harry seems to first start to mature and accept the responsibility of an adult.
suzanneseidel
Currently Reading: Blind Assassin
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzanneseidel.html
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by suzanneseidel »

I used to read the series every year. I would read all the previous ones before a new one was released and then for probably four years after that I read them all 1-7 every year. I obviously am a huge fan. I even named my dogs Fred and George! I agree with what a lot of people have said about how the movie characters pale in comparison to their written counterparts. I enjoy listening to the audiobooks as well and am always pleasantly surprised by how much they make me laugh. The movies are decidedly darker than the books, which makes sense - it all makes sense, the movies are long enough as they are - and so it's always nice to read/listen to how hilarious the Weasleys are and how snappy and sassy Harry is. Ginny is my favorite character in the books and one of my least favorite in the movies.

All that being said my favorite book in the series changes but for the last while it's been Order of the Phoenix. It's in that book that we really start to see even more of the wizarding world outside of Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, and Diagon Alley. Up to that point we have seen how the Weasleys live but don't really have much insight to how other typical wizard families live. (Apart from the Quidditch World Cup in Goblet of Fire, which is so fun! I loved reading about all the different campsites and the lackadaisical parents letting their kids blow up slugs.) Of course the Blacks aren't exactly a typical wizard family, but their home and their history build the world that much more. Plus there's the whole adventure at the Ministry! Tragic ending, of course, but so many interesting sights and sounds and experiences along the way.
ghudson

Post by ghudson »

I totally love the Deathly Hallows. Everything comes together and it all makes perfect sense. I love the way they hunt all the horcruxes and the journey too. :)
jessicahope923

Post by jessicahope923 »

I personally like The Deathly Hallows the best. Mainly because of the understanding being shown of Snape's character. I was so devastated with everything going on in this book, because I didn't want to believe that Snape did what he did, but once I saw the later parts of the book I finally understood his attitudes all through the series. My second favorite would definitely be Order of the Phoenix because you see Harry kind of expand on his sass from The Goblet of Fire. He's got family dangling right in front of him, and he gets them taken away just as fast. I feel his character development throughout the series was just great. You felt like you grew up alongside him, Hermione and Ron. I just love all of the books and going back and rereading them to see things I didn't before always is exciting.
CapriceM
Currently Reading: Fifty Shades of Grey
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-capricem.html

Post by CapriceM »

I honestly have never read the Harry Potter books even though I LOVE the movies. This is so surprising for me because I almost never watch a movie before reading the book. I've been considering getting the books so I can read them, though. I guess I should since so many people say that the books are better!
victoria_s16

Post by victoria_s16 »

I absolutely LOVE the Harry Potter series. I grew up with my Dad reading them to my siblings and me every night as a bedtime story, so Harry Potter is a pretty key part of my childhood.

Before this year, I'd read the first 6 books 3 times and the seventh book twice (because I'd reread them all the first time right before the seventh book came out). This Christmas, I read them all again because it was a "very Potter Christmas" in my household. My twin sister and I, each equally obsessed with the series, both got all Harry Potter themed presents -- each of us getting our own complete sets of the movies and books, coloring books, themed clothing, and, the grand finale, a family trip to Harry Potter World. During this trip, we both reread them all again, this time reading our very own sets.

The Harry Potter series are my most reread books, and I know I'll read them many more times over the years. I can't wait to read them to my own children and pass along my love for the series!
Cassadie morrish
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cassadie-morrish.html

Post by Cassadie morrish »

The Harry Potter series is definitely the best series I have ever read. I've reread it a couple times, and I'm probably going to reread them again before the new Cursed Child book comes out. My favorite would probably the Order of the Phoenix because it has the perfect amount of emotion and excitement. The books are definitely worth reading again, and binge watching the movies every once and a while is a necessities. To be honest, I don't think I'm going to be as satisfied with the new book. I'm still really excited, especially with the whole North America Wizarding World thing going on in the new movie. It's all coming back, and I'm super happy. :D
akweaver13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akweaver13.html

Post by akweaver13 »

I randomly started a habit of rereading the series every summer. And each time I am surprised at things I have seemed to have forgotten; as well as how I am still so involved in the stories.

I have reread the series now about ten times. And each time, JK is able to bring me into a world that I love and thrive in.
dbressler
Currently Reading: Chilled
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dbressler.html
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by dbressler »

I have read all of the Harry Potter books and watched all the movies. When I can't read I listen to the audio version on CD. Jim Dale is amazing!!! I love hearing all of the different voices he has for each character. I can't stop myself from laughing out loud.
B00KW0RMZ
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b00kw0rmz.html

Post by B00KW0RMZ »

So very difficult to chose just ONE book from such a great series...

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”