Rereading Harry Potter Series

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.

Favorite of the Series

Sorcerer's Stone
13%
Chamber of Secrets
3%
Prisoner of Azkaban
25%
Goblet of Fire
17%
Order of the Phoenix
14%
Half Blood Prince
14%
Deathly Hallows
14%

Total votes: 303

Storygamer88
Currently Reading: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Bookshelf Size: 365
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-storygamer88.html
Latest Review: "A Town Called Gonefor" by Wesley Cris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Rereading Harry Potter Series

Post by Storygamer88 »

I find it so fascinating that Prisoner of Azkaban is leading the vote given its the only one where Voldemort doesnt appear in any form at all.

I personally find Goblet the best and its my favorite to reread - the excitement of the tournament and multiple trials and the school basically hating Harry was so exciting.
Hi all. I like board games, card games, video games, books (especially children's books and mysteries), stories, cartoons, anime, manga, light novels, animation, and other light-hearted, fun things. Feel free to message if you want to chat!
Latest Review: "A Town Called Gonefor" by Wesley Cris
Fuzee4
Currently Reading: Yesterday
Bookshelf Size: 427

Post by Fuzee4 »

This series is hands down the best series I've read so far, and yeah the only one I've read time and again. And each time it presents something new, a spoiler I missed the earlier time, a fact I had overlooked or simply a line of wisdom I didnt catch the first time!
glassesgirl08
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by glassesgirl08 »

I absolutely love 4 and 6! I remember reading 4 when I was 9 and I was completely blown away. To this day, I still get excited reading about the trials and the little tidbits that I overlooked before but are actually really important parts of the series. I also love 6 because it explained Voldemort's past! I was sobbing like a baby when Dumbledore died though at the end though ;_;
Jhirsch1230
Currently Reading: Endymion
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jhirsch1230.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Post by Jhirsch1230 »

I'm a big fan of Order of the Phoenix. I felt like Goblet of Fire was a real turning point in the story with the return of Voldemort, but OOtP was my favorite because you see Harry starting to transition from a boy to a young man. It's the darkest of the books and Harry is a moody, temperamental teenager instead of a young, somewhat wide eyed boy. As a high school teacher, these are the people I work with and love.
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
profyomi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by profyomi »

I have read and reread the Harry Potter series over five times... It never gets boring.
I even read the James Potter series, it was very interesting but the author left us in a cliffhanger at book three.
Izesicle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-izesicle.html
Latest Review: With Malice Aforethought by Thonie Hevron

Post by Izesicle »

My fave HP books are 3 and 4 because of the twists.
hannahbm13
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 920">Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone</a>
Currently Reading: Doctor Who: Winner Takes All
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannahbm13.html
Latest Review: "The Last City of America" by Matthew Tysz

Post by hannahbm13 »

I have read the series more than once and most certainly plan to read them again! My favorites are The Prisoner of Azkaban, The Goblet of Fire, The Order of the Phoenix, and The Half-Blood Prince. It's just so hard to choose only one favorite! I love the complexity of the Marauders' story in The Prisoner of Azkaban, the concept of the triwizard tournament in the The Goblet of Fire, the Dumbledore's Army storyline in The Order of the Phoenix, and the backstories revealed in The Half-Blood Prince.
Latest Review: "The Last City of America" by Matthew Tysz
Naval Aulakh
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naval-aulakh.html
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien

Post by Naval Aulakh »

I like all the books of Harry Potter series but The prisoner of Azkaban is my favourite. It has many different elements from the other books of the series. I have even watched all the Harry Potter movies more than 5 times :D
Live Life to the Fullest and Enjoy Reading!!
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien
Mdoucet1086
Currently Reading: Wonder Woman
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mdoucet1086.html
Latest Review: "The Ultimate Guide to Zombies" by Dave Robertson

Post by Mdoucet1086 »

My favorite series of all time. I always try to make time every year to do at least one re-read. Goblet will always be my favorite, but I also love Half Blood Prince.
Latest Review: "The Ultimate Guide to Zombies" by Dave Robertson
Booklover969
Currently Reading: Piazza Carousel
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Booklover969 »

I reread the Harry potter series last year and you are right you forget a lot about the books when you can easily watch the movies. It's the minor details, I believe, that make or break a good book for me. It shows the heart and feeling more than anything. I have to say deathly Hallows is my favorite out of all of them. I believe J.K. Rowling truly shows the emotion and the heart of the full story in the last book.
CaitlinGonya
Currently Reading: Heart of Iron
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlingonya.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery by R.F. Kristi

Post by CaitlinGonya »

I could reread the series all day everyday for the rest of my life. My main thing is that I haven't watched the movies past order of Phoenix because I don't want the movies to ruin my dreams.
berk_sumpter
Currently Reading: The Magicians (The Magicians, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-berk-sumpter.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by berk_sumpter »

I absolutely love the Harry Potter series! The order of Phoenix is probably my favorite although it is hard to pick. I feel like the order of Phoenix brings so much background from many different characters which is why I love it so much.
DancingLady
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dancinglady.html
Latest Review: Believe What You Want To Believe by Alicia Kristine and George Williams

Post by DancingLady »

I enjoyed reading them when I did, at age 20. After the fact, I really felt like the subject matter delved into concepts that were not at all age appropriate for much of the audience it is marketed toward. Kids that young really shouldn't be considering issues like death and especially the circumstances surrounding Dumbledor's death without their parent's input and guidance.
Jeyasivananth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeyasivananth.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Jeyasivananth »

I love to read and re read Harry Potter series again. There are so much a part of my childhood.
JennATC25
Currently Reading: Saint Anything
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by JennATC25 »

I love Prisoner of Azkaban. I love the symbolism of darkness versus hope. Dementors versus patronus charms and how that relates to us in real life. In addition, while I love the Harry Potter series (serious love it), it's nice to see Harry have a year that's almost normal without direct interaction from Voldemort. We get to see Harry experience some angst, anger, and hormones from things that could happen whether Voldemort was involved or not. I mean, who hasn't wanted to blow up a family member? Who hasn't found a relatable teacher that seems to truly invest and be interested in our lives? Prisoner of Azkaban remains one of my favorites no matter how many times I read it.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”