Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ash and Stars
Bookshelf Size: 640
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ash-and-stars.html
Latest Review: "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman

Re: Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard

Post by Ash and Stars »

I didn't find Glass Sword to be as gripping as Red Queen was. However, the third book, King's Cage, will keep you hooked until the very end!
Latest Review: "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman
Brandi Noelle
Currently Reading: The Invention of Murder
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandi-noelle.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Brandi Noelle »

I read this book as a reviewer for a client and I had not read the previous book in the series. To be honest, this sort of post-apocalyptic genre is not my thing. However, I was pleasantly surprised with this book. The characters were amazing, the plot thorough. I could easily see this becoming a movie series.
kfwilson6
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

Glad to see mostly positive reviews for this book and series. I was about to pick it up to read and saw that the series will shortly be completed so I am waiting for the final book to be published. Hopefully it will end well for all of you who have been trekking through the series since the first book was published several years ago.
kwatkins75
Favorite Book: Red Queen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by kwatkins75 »

This is book two in the Red Queen series and it is just as amazing as the first. The plot is just amazing and you will be on the edge of your seat from the exposition the the resolution. As the first book this also has many twists and turns however it also introduces many new characters and a new setting. One of the things about this book is that it starts from exactly where the first left off. That's where some mess up because it can get confusing and/or the exposition can become very long because of the explaining of what happened between books. Obviously, Victoria Aveyard is a very talented writer and I will be excited to read some of her others books. Based on the Red Queen series it is obvious she has a beautiful mind and imagination. This book also has a good balance of romance, heartbreak, thrillers, mysteries, and much more. Books in this series are Red Queen, Glass Sword, King's cage, Queen Song (prequel), Steel Scars (Prequel), and i'm happy to say another book was recently released called Broken Throne and I can't wait to read it.
Barbie_sidhu
Currently Reading: Strong heart
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbie-sidhu.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Barbie_sidhu »

The Glass Sword came out to be a fantastic installment to the Red Queen. I absolutely loved it.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”