Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by JK Rowling review

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Vscholz
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Bookshelf Size: 816
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vscholz.html
Latest Review: Primrose’s Curse by Kiara Shankar, Vinay Shankar
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by JK Rowling review

Post by Vscholz »

strainglia wrote: 31 Dec 2017, 21:14 I should say that the first book is way better than this one. This book didn't live up to my expectations since I expected more based on my impressions with the first book. The second book should make you keep going and impressed a reader so that s/he would buy and read the next one but this just didn't do it for me. It is a little bit dry and boring, in my opinion.
This installment is one of the shorter books in the series, but I don't look forward to rereading it. It isn't that it is bad, but it feels so much longer than even Goblet of Fire. I even tend to skip the movie when it is on (there hasn't been a Harry Potter Weekend on Freeform that I've noticed, but I also have checked in much lately). I'm glad that someone else feels somewhat similar.
As for you & your heart & the things you said & didn't say, she will remember them all when men are fairy tales in books written by rabbits. (Schmendrick the Magician)
Triplehar3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Triplehar3 »

I thought this was a fun follow up to the first book and look forward to seeing where the story will take us next in the third book.
CatlynnHighlights
Currently Reading: Infinite Jest
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catlynnhighlights.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by CatlynnHighlights »

I've read the Harry Potter series loads of times, and this book is for sure my least favorite of them all. I agree with the sentiments expressed on here that Goblet of Fire is the best book in the series.
jesscat304
Favorite Book: The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A f*ck
Currently Reading: It Ends with Us
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesscat304.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by jesscat304 »

I thought this book was exciting and I did enjoy it, but it’s not my favourite in the series. I prefer the third book and the last three, but I still enjoyed this one never the less.
Maddisonl1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Maddisonl1 »

This is the second book in the Harry Potter series. It follows Harry as he begins his 2nd year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and his relationship with his muggle guardians, the Dursleys. This is a great follow up to the first book. It's not very long but still very interesting. We learn more of Harry's past and more about the growing friendships between Harry, Ron, and Hermione.
PepperedPenelope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pepperedpenelope.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by PepperedPenelope »

I loved this one. I was only 12 or something when I read it so I didnt fully understand all the clues JK left us. I liked it because of that. It left me knowing that there was a wealth of information in that one book alone... even though I had read it, I knew I would need to re-read it to fully understand what the pages held. I think thats the magic of JK's writing.. every time you read it, theres always something you missed the first time..

... that and magic. I mean, I would love magical powers. :D
Chikari
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chikari.html
Latest Review: The Talking Baobab Tree by Nelda LaTeef
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by Chikari »

I did really enjoy reading this book both while growing up and as an adult. It wasn't my favorite plot line of the series, but it was enjoyable. I love the introduction of Ginny's character.
**Always happy to go on a new adventure!**
sush_destiny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sush-destiny.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by sush_destiny »

I didn't really like this book as much as the first book, but, a definite read for a Harry Potter fan. Ginny crush on Harry seems so cute and reminded me of my high school crush.
HanElizabeth397
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hanelizabeth397.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by HanElizabeth397 »

I'm really surprised to find that so many people enjoyed this book much less than the rest of the series! I loved this book. I felt like it bought a lot of history to Hogwarts and told us a lot more about the rivalry between purebloods and others, which set the scene for the Death Eaters later
VSuraj
Currently Reading: The Alchemist
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vsuraj.html
Latest Review: Justice by Scott Hughes

Post by VSuraj »

I liked the suspense in this one. The first time I read it, I was seriously wondering if Hogwarts was going to be closed! Overall, it was really good but I thought the final showdown with the Basilisk was a bit anticlimactic.
Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic - J.K. Rowling
MorganKnightOfficial
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morganknightofficial.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by MorganKnightOfficial »

I quite enjoyed the scene that took place between Harry and Tom Riddle in this book. It was well-written and gives me chills every time. Overall, this is one of the best scenes in the entire series.
Fisherfamily87
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Fisherfamily87 »

I really enjoyed this book i read it back in high school. The books definitely explain more than the movie but overall great book and love the harry potter series.
Saitejasai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Saitejasai »

It was an amazing book after the first part. In the Hogwarts the things are going wrong. The hobby has visited Harry home to warn him not to go Hogwarts. Because Harry is in danger. After all that Harry want to Hogwarts. After visiting the Hogwarts Harry has realized that strange things happening in the school. And even one by one children going paralyzed. And Harry best friend Hermione also gets paralyzed. And Harry wants to find out who behinds for these. And then Harry has been realized that happening in the Hogwarts none other than Tom riddle future voldemort. And he finds that Ginny has opened the chamber of secrets. It was an amazing scene Harry has to fight with basilisk. He defeated the basilisk and Ginny from Tom riddle. It was an fascinating scene. I already read these book before. But I want to read once more. It was really great book to read.
Emilia Sieminska
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emilia-sieminska.html
Latest Review: Like a Lily Among the Thorns by Karen S. Bell

Post by Emilia Sieminska »

I loved this book. It's darker than the first part. The book gives us more details on the Wizarding World and how diverse and divided it is. It teaches tolerance through criticism of 'pure blood' wizards.
Deerghata_Shukla
Currently Reading: Princess of shadows
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Deerghata_Shukla »

I think the second book is a bit dry. I hate the new professor. But some parts are rather interesting. Harry discovers many new things which will be important for him and others in future.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”