Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by JK Rowling review

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
RipleyAnne4
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ripleyanne4.html

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by JK Rowling review

Post by RipleyAnne4 »

This is the second installment in the Harry Potter series. It follows Harry as he begins his 2nd year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and his ever abusive relationship with his muggle guardians, the Dursleys. This year, Ron's younger sister, Ginny, begins her first year and seems to have a crush on Harry. Another mystery ensues. This is a great follow up to the first book. It's not very long and very captivating so it can be a quick read for someone who reads fast. We learn more of Harry's past and more about the growing friendships between Harry, Ron, and Hermione.
strainglia
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strainglia.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by strainglia »

I should say that the first book is way better than this one. This book didn't live up to my expectations since I expected more based on my impressions with the first book. The second book should make you keep going and impressed a reader so that s/he would buy and read the next one but this just didn't do it for me. It is a little bit dry and boring, in my opinion.
Phantom66

Post by Phantom66 »

I think the book was enjoyable and especially the thrill and suspence about it
grace fitzgerald

Post by grace fitzgerald »

I think that this book provides a good foundation for the rest of the series as it actually (kind of) introduces us to Voldemort for the first time
Hephzi Lolami
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hephzi-lolami.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Hephzi Lolami »

The book didn't totally meet my expectation, considering the first one had left me thirsty for more but all the same, I enjoyed it a little bit. Just not totally what I had expected
BookishCreature
Currently Reading: Travels with Vamper
Bookshelf Size: 247
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookishcreature.html
Latest Review: The Library of Secrets: The Giant Mistake by Zoe Penn

Post by BookishCreature »

Oh no, now I want to reread Harry Potter again. :P I remember liking Chamber of Secrets, but I think overall it's my least favorite. Goblet of Fire is my favorite. :)
strainglia
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strainglia.html

Post by strainglia »

I think a lot of people like Goblet of Fire most in all of HP books. I haven’t read it yet but I am excited thinking of reading it together with an accompanied audiobook lol
tatyanamarie1998

Post by tatyanamarie1998 »

In my opinion all the Harry Potter books are great. I found myself loosing myself in this book. Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets by j.k Rowling is a good one
Fany04

Post by Fany04 »

This book had a interesting yet creep feeling when I first read it. My It gets to tell you some of Voldemort's past, but at the same time it has some unexpected plot twists. I especially like the way Voldemort's original name Tom Marvolo Riddle turns into I am Lord Voldemort.
Nightmaremoon_1

Post by Nightmaremoon_1 »

I think the book was really good because it kind explained a little bit more about voltamore and how he was like Harry.
The BookWorm Nagham
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-bookworm-nagham.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by The BookWorm Nagham »

J. K. Rolling really is ingenious, she brought back voldemort via a diary. I really liked this book, the friendship between the characters evolve more, and we're introduced more to Ginny. For I while I thought it was Hagrid or Snape who opened the Chamber. I wasn't disappointed at all.
Irene C
Currently Reading: Outlander
Bookshelf Size: 145
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-irene-c.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by Irene C »

Chamber of Secrets is my least favorite Harry Potter book, but I'd never considered that the reason might be my reaction to the suspense.
History is not a burden on the memory but an illumination of the soul. Lord Acton
berk_sumpter
Currently Reading: The Magicians (The Magicians, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-berk-sumpter.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by berk_sumpter »

I really enjoyed this book. I loved how this one developed Ginny as a character, as she is one of my favorites in the whole series. This book is full of suspense and mystery, making it an interesting and fun read.
nikkyteewhy
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Dues
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyteewhy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by nikkyteewhy »

I think the book was nice. It wasn't better than the philosopher's stone but it was a nice follow up. We got to know more about the characters and especially about the antagonist.
Mely918
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mely918.html
Latest Review: I'm Going to Kill that Cat by F. Della Notte

Post by Mely918 »

strainglia wrote: 31 Dec 2017, 21:14 I should say that the first book is way better than this one. This book didn't live up to my expectations since I expected more based on my impressions with the first book. The second book should make you keep going and impressed a reader so that s/he would buy and read the next one but this just didn't do it for me. It is a little bit dry and boring, in my opinion.
I agree. I was expecting a lot more from this book and found myself disappointed by it. Luckily, Rowling managed to recapture my attention with her third installment of Harry Potter.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”