Official Review: My Ladybird Story by Magus Tor

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bazolo
Currently Reading: Relentless Alien Eyes
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bazolo.html
Latest Review: "Andalusian in Jerusalem" by Mois benarroch

Re: Official Review: My Ladybird Story by Magus Tor

Post by bazolo »

Thanks for good review as it sound, the story is good and inspired me to along with it.Anyway I would like to get this book as soon as possible. John present a lot of people who found difficult to match in their reality in the community, especially when it come about love issues.
Latest Review: "Andalusian in Jerusalem" by Mois benarroch
Emie Cuevas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emie-cuevas.html
Latest Review: Trumpism: A Cultural Psycho-Genesis by Michel Valentin
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Emie Cuevas »

Living here in the Philippines this subject of this book is rather taken for granted. This could be very useful elsewhere in the world where they are not as free as we are!
Whether you Think you can,
or you Think you can't,
You are Right

Napoleon Hill
liway9100
Currently Reading: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by liway9100 »

I must say very timely and interesting book to read. The author described the boy's day to day struggle at home and school to highlight the struggles he is experiencing in figuring out his own self definition. The presence of the girl will play a large part in how the boy will handle conflicting signs that lead to his own self realization. What will hook the reader i suppose is how the relationship between the boy and the new girl in school will flourish and survive inspite of the factors surrounding the issue of self identity.
zeinab badawy
Currently Reading: Blade Forged In Darkness
Bookshelf Size: 31

Post by zeinab badawy »

honest and great review describes the book well, i would like to by and read the book and know all details although as you said as it went on you saw more and more typos and grammatical errors and There were also a few sentences with words missing or extra words added in, but overall you gave it 4 stars. :wink: :wink: :wink:
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: Children of the Dark
Bookshelf Size: 3838
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by truebookaddict »

I find stories about transgender and transitioning people so fascinating and inspiring. One of my favorite shows is Transparent. This book sounds like it ranks up there with the best of these inspiring tales. I agree that books like this should be required reading for all. Thanks for the great review!
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
Frenjie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 165
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-frenjie.html
Latest Review: "The Dancing Barber" by AC Michael

Post by Frenjie »

I salute the author for exemplifying bravery in coming up with this magnificient work! It's really refreshing to read a story like this every once in a while. I'm glad you found the writing expertise stunning. Thanks for the great review!
" Desire is the starting point of all achievement, not a hope, not a wish but a keen pulsating desire which transcends everything." - Napoleon Hill
Latest Review: "The Dancing Barber" by AC Michael
Cres28
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Cres28 »

This book are diffinitely good. Maybe this book can inspire more peoples like me. Good Job :D
Polrena
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Polrena »

I read the sample provided by Amazon. Not knowing what the story was about, the author's subtle hints quickly filled me in while generating the same confusing resonance felt by the protagonist. A neat trick! As a story meant to empathize and widen the world view of the reader, or simply reassure other young adults that their own story is not unique, this is surely a winner.

However, from an editing standpoint, I felt much of the first few chapters were a bit verbose and could have benefitted from some word-pruning to keep the story moving along.
abb3yatobc
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by abb3yatobc »

I haven't finished reading the sample book. First impression - book cover - a childrens book. Read few pages - readers must be 18 years and above. Read a review - Ladybug = Trangender, aha! Spoiler alert. The leaf with a bug in color as a story divider - odd for me. Sorry, I prefer in black & white. From the reviewers pov. A-Ok to me
tonipet
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by tonipet »

that's a very interesting review about the book but am sure that the transgender exposure side of the book will be more interesting
Elizabeth Chao
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Elizabeth Chao »

I didn't find it exciting to read but goodluck.
katiesquilts
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 649
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katiesquilts.html
Latest Review: Anything For Love by Gracie Bond

Post by katiesquilts »

Strangerthanfiction wrote: 10 Jan 2018, 07:47 Great review. I’m definitely reading this book based on this review alone. The topic of transgender teens have been a topic somewhat close to home lately and I have a few people that I would like to share this book with. Thanks so much for sharing.
No problem! I hope the book is able to teach and inspire those close to you!
katiesquilts

Post by katiesquilts »

truebookaddict wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 02:30 I find stories about transgender and transitioning people so fascinating and inspiring. One of my favorite shows is Transparent. This book sounds like it ranks up there with the best of these inspiring tales. I agree that books like this should be required reading for all. Thanks for the great review!
What is Transparent? I'll have to look it up!
katiesquilts

Post by katiesquilts »

drunyan wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 01:34 I read the first part of the book and I did not really care for it. As I read the above review, it dawned on me that the subjects of transgender hit too close to home.

I think that transgender is a hard topic to take on.

I'm not sure if I'll finish the book
That's really unfortunate. I'm sorry you didn't feel comfortable reading the book.
Unfortunately, some people have to experience what happened in the book in real life, whether they're in the protagonist role, the antagonist role, or just a supporting character with no power to help. That's why I think reading books about these difficult subjects is so important, because you can experience these tough situations from a safe bystander point of view before tackling them head-on in the real world.
Riszell
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 1041
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riszell.html
Latest Review: Chancing Hope by Lisa Slater

Post by Riszell »

It’s about making your inside match your outside.
I like that.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”