Official Review: My Ladybird Story by Magus Tor

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Prisaneify
Currently Reading: Try Not To Breathe
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisaneify.html
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Re: Official Review: My Ladybird Story by Magus Tor

Post by Prisaneify »

I actually JUST started this yesterday so I'm not going to read the review yet, but I am really enjoying it. Don't want to give any spoilers but I'm about half way through!
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor
katiesquilts
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 649
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katiesquilts.html
Latest Review: Anything For Love by Gracie Bond

Post by katiesquilts »

Prisaneify wrote:I actually JUST started this yesterday so I'm not going to read the review yet, but I am really enjoying it. Don't want to give any spoilers but I'm about half way through!
Awesome! :mrgreen:
Once you're done, I'd love to know what you thought of it!
weeh84
Currently Reading: Paradise Lost
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-weeh84.html
Latest Review: "Crumbling Walls" by Laura Strandt
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by weeh84 »

I finished reading this book not long ago. I agree, the author does a phenomenal job. I wasn't sure I was going to like the book after the first few chapters, but I fell in love with the characters. The story line blew me away. It is such a feel good story, especially with it being such a controversial topic.

I work in healthcare, and in one of the many clinics I help with, the transgender care clinic is one of them. Administration is always looking for a way to educate staff on diversity, and the best way to approach this community with as much respect as possible. I suggested this book in my meeting, briefly summarizing, and my manager was immediately on board.
Latest Review: "Crumbling Walls" by Laura Strandt
katiesquilts

Post by katiesquilts »

weeh84 wrote:I work in healthcare, and in one of the many clinics I help with, the transgender care clinic is one of them. Administration is always looking for a way to educate staff on diversity, and the best way to approach this community with as much respect as possible. I suggested this book in my meeting, briefly summarizing, and my manager was immediately on board.
This is so great to hear! Books are such great educational tools because they give us the power to empathize with and learn from others without actual human interaction, which can sometimes be too distracting/embarrassing/etc. to get the point across. I'm sure the book will go over well with your coworkers as well!
KeriCraven
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kericraven.html
Latest Review: "Life Before" by K.L. Romo

Post by KeriCraven »

This sounds like a great story. Thank you for your review.
Latest Review: "Life Before" by K.L. Romo
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

Lovely review. I read this book and I really liked it. Salute to the author. :tiphat:
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
katiesquilts

Post by katiesquilts »

Mercy Bolo wrote:Lovely review. I read this book and I really liked it. Salute to the author. :tiphat:
Awesome!! So far I've only heard praise for the book, so I'm really happy! :D
Amystl26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amystl26.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis

Post by Amystl26 »

This book sounds riveting! Thanks for the review. It's always humbling to see a hardship through another's eyes, especially one I have never or will ever experience. It helps one better understand another's experience without fully walking in their shoes--one of the reasons I'm drawn to memoirs. Great review! :techie-studyinggray:
katiesquilts

Post by katiesquilts »

Amystl26 wrote:This book sounds riveting! Thanks for the review. It's always humbling to see a hardship through another's eyes, especially one I have never or will ever experience. It helps one better understand another's experience without fully walking in their shoes--one of the reasons I'm drawn to memoirs. Great review! :techie-studyinggray:
I completely agree with you! I think some of the least understanding, least compassionate people in the world need to start picking up some books! :lol: I feel like if you raise a child through books, then they'll most definitely become kinder, empathetic people because of the situations and emotions that they read about. I can still remember so many books that left an impression on me when I was a teen, because they showed me walks of life I'd never imagined before and taught me that not everyone thought about things in the same way that I did! Even today, I'm still humbled by these sorts of books. :D
BoyLazy
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boylazy.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by BoyLazy »

Some more drama and interaction with outside world would have definitely helped the story. You have a great point here. Nice review :)
Could you have a look at my review and share your comments: https://forums.onlinebookclub.org/viewt ... 44&t=51758
Boy Lazy
Reviewer | Blogger | Influencer

Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is an amazing interesting story that I feel everyone should read. I loved reading and reviewing this book and I found the onlinebook.org review to be incitefullying specific.
mindyg123
Currently Reading: Lycan Fallout
Bookshelf Size: 565
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindyg123.html

Post by mindyg123 »

A story of a boy who's never felt right in his own skin and has to deal with bullies while trying to understand hisself sounds good to me adding to my TBR list and congrats on being BOTD.
Mindyg123 :techie-studyingbrown:
Strangerthanfiction
Currently Reading: Night Seeker
Bookshelf Size: 304
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strangerthanfiction.html

Post by Strangerthanfiction »

Great review. I’m definitely reading this book based on this review alone. The topic of transgender teens have been a topic somewhat close to home lately and I have a few people that I would like to share this book with. Thanks so much for sharing.
“You know you’ve read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.” – Paul Sweeney
joxb1010
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by joxb1010 »

Wow! You've got a great review.your review has all the traits required to make anyone fall in love with this book 'my ladybird story'
Not_half_so_happy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-not-half-so-happy.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Not_half_so_happy »

I really enjoy stories of trans and LGBTQ+ communitys because it's wonderful to be able to see the other side of the coin. A lot of my close friends and family came out this year and I could never even imagine how difficult that must have been for them. So I will definitely read this novel and perhaps enlighten myself even further on this subject.
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”