Official Review: Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EmaliaAntonia
Currently Reading: Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emaliaantonia.html
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Official Review: Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen

Post by EmaliaAntonia »

"Cécile has only one thing on her mind: escape. But the trolls are clever, fast, and inhumanly strong. She will have to bide her time…

But the more time she spends with the trolls, the more she understands their plight. There is a rebellion brewing. And she just might be the one the trolls were looking for..."

Though I felt the romance was a little rushed, this was one of my favorite books that I read this year (that wasn't a sequel in one of my series). Though we were treat to the POVs of both Cecile and Tristan, I liked that the author managed to still keep Tristan a bit of a mystery. I was never quite sure what he was going to do. Cecile wasn't my favorite of heroines, but she still managed to become quite useful (one of my pet peeves is main characters who honestly aren't helpful to anyone).

Overall I give this book 3.5/5 stars
Chasityshay
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Chasityshay »

I thought this book was really good, I'm trying to obtain the next two in the series. I do have to disagree with the romance being rushed for one reason, they were bonded. Marc even told Tristan that the bond changed everything even when he didn't want it to. So it makes sense that their relationship would unfold more quickly than most. The one thing I didn't like about the book was some of the authors use of grammar and words, I realize it was set in times when people spoke more proper than they do now, however in some parts it was hard to make sense as to what she was trying to say, it was few and far in between but it was there. I think Cecile was very helpful in some areas, and in others not so much, but I think the reason the author done that was because of her age. At seventeen you are ruled by your emotions more than logic, and I also think the author made her that way because she hadn't discovered who/what she actually was until then climax and ending of the book. I think in the second book she will be more useful and really come into herself as shes trying to get back to Tristan and her friends. Another reason I think she wasn't very useful is the fact that the author wanted her to come off that way because she was a human in the misted of powerful Trolls. I am curious as to your other opinions and look forward to discussing this book/series further with you!
Danessa1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Danessa1 »

This Book is really good! The Author did an amazing job bringing the story to life!!
SPasciuti
Favorite Author: Marissa Meyer
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 46410">The Wendy</a>
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spasciuti.html
Latest Review: Samuel by Samuel kidstar
fav_author_id: 2388

Post by SPasciuti »

I'm incredibly intrigued by this book from what you've said about it. The troll aspect seems rather interesting.

How rushed is the romance in this book? Would you label it as insta-love, or no?

I've noticed that the inclusion of insta-love can sometimes completely break a book, and it's done so for me in the past. Though sometimes it turns out alright. I imagine that depends largely on the writing ability of the author, though.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”