Review of The Leash Protocol

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Favour Amarachi Mgbeoji
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-amarachi-mgbeoji.html
Latest Review: Operation November Blizzard by Stephen Snow (penname)

Review of The Leash Protocol

Post by Favour Amarachi Mgbeoji »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Leash Protocol" by Eric Staples & Dillon Staples.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Leash Protocol by Eric Staples & Dillon Staples is a post-apocalyptic science-fiction book that talks about the emergence of humans with psychic powers. It discusses how they were effectively weaponized in the guise of keeping them in control. It also talked about the organization created to keep them in control and the struggles that are attached to the control measures put in place.

Fear of the unknown, discrimination of the different, and the control of any form of leverage or power any nation can get its hands on have been the order of time. It wasn’t so strange to find this process live on after an apocalyptic war. The need for control became so paramount, and a powerful tool to ward off enemies for the powerful or a different caste of individuals for the less powerful became available for exploitation. Despite the struggle for independence by the psychics, their power could not be underestimated. Therefore, a set of rules which can effectively put them under a certain level of control or set the people’s minds at ease is put in place. But can this stop their exploitation?

I would like to say that this book was something like no other. The detailing in the book transports one to a world of imagination so vivid that if one is not careful, he can lose himself. I would also commend the structuring of the book, as it succeeds in keeping the reader glued and captivated by the book. Also, I loved the way each of the main characters was made to portray and exude a protagonist-like sort of individuality, making one focus on each of their storylines. This was brilliantly done, especially when the characters' stories met.

The cliffhanger at the end of the book was nicely executed. If I could get to the authors, I would have demanded special privileges to a sneak peek of the sequel before its publication. That is how good I think the book is. The authors are phenomenal, and the book is more so. I found nothing to dislike about the book; it was simply captivating. It was also professionally edited.

Without further ado and with the reasons I stated above, I would give the book five out of five stars. The authors did their best to pour out their creativity in this book. It was a nice read worth reading several times over.

I will recommend this book to anyone and everyone who is a fan of science fiction novels. I believe the book won’t fail to enthrall its readers, or might I say, captivate readers into a world they would be reluctant to leave.

The Leash Protocol
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

It would be nice if I know some of the characters of the book, especially the protagonist. I think it might interest me more.
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
mansiahir44
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by mansiahir44 »

It could be more interested if the plot was really a good and the characters were not that much good to put an effect on reader.
Eric staples
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Eric staples »

Tobias Marshall, a mercenary employed by TITAN. Ruthless, survivalist.
Agni, an extremely powerful psychic who can condense the oxygen in the air and can ignite them with psychic energy
Rudra, a Leash who would rather crack wise and flirt than actually do any work.
And many many more!
Ivy_reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivy-reads.html
Latest Review: Amora by Grant Hallstrom

Post by Ivy_reads »

This sounds like something out of a movie. It must be an interesting read then. Thank you for the review!

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”