Review of MultiplicationMathFactsFlipped

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 334
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: Awesomely Awkward Dating Tips for Beginners by Tina Kowalski

Review of MultiplicationMathFactsFlipped

Post by Hager Salem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "MultiplicationMathFactsFlipped" by Jeanne Cerisano.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Jeanne Cerisano's book Multiplication Math Facts Flipped was created to aid in memorizing the times table. The book begins by presenting the entire set of times tables. Then, it shows us many techniques that can be used for memorizing them. The book can be looked at as an exercise book, as it has some practical exercises with voids to fill and even blank pages for notes. There are some sections for self-testing the process to make sure it works.

I like everything about the book. It employs a variety of methods to assist those attempting to memorize times tables. It focuses on attaching all the senses to the work. I like that, as it can help different people with different capabilities. It starts with saying what you need to memorize and hearing yourself say it. Then, it uses a color theme for a visual memory. It connects certain outcomes with colors to make them easier to retrieve. The writer uses stories to lay the foundation for higher and trickier numbers. Every story is accompanied by a suitable picture. It uses rhyming words to make results easier to remember. As you can see, you'll find yourself using all your senses while practicing. That would definitely work for most people. The book has a space for practice, and it even gives a strategy to help with how to practice. The book is colorful and clear. It's not complicated, and it's easy to go through. I even think those strategies can be used with anything you want to memorize, not just the times table.

I can't find anything to hate about this book. Having all your senses working on something definitely helps. There may have been times when the explanations of the steps felt confusing, but after all, it's a book, and there are limitations to how you can explain things in it. It was nice that the book has self-tests and quizzes throughout the book to test the process, and even a strategy to help fix the mistakes.

Because this book delivers the message it promises it will, I rate it five out of five stars. Going throughout the book, I couldn't notice any errors. That indicates that the book was exceptionally well-edited.

I recommend the book to students who want to practice the times table. I also recommend this to anyone having trouble memorizing this table; this can offer a lot of help.

MultiplicationMathFactsFlipped
View: on Bookshelves

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”