Young adult book recommendations

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Stephanie114
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... vergent</a>
Currently Reading: The House on Mango Street
Bookshelf Size: 47

Re: Young adult book recommendations

Post by Stephanie114 »

- The Divergent Series. It's an amazing read and it takes place in a dystopian universe. It is an ultimate love story that gives me chills. It is also about a young girl finding herself in a messed up world. It is my favorite book series of all time.

- I agree. Thirteen Reasons Why should be a must read for, at least, all high schoolers. It's an eye-opener and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

I'm such a lover of YA books and the first that comes to mind is Book 1 of Darla Decker hates to Wait series by Jessica McHugh. I devoured it in a day and I can't recall having laughed so much previously.
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
waffurlee
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by waffurlee »

I HIGHLY reccomend The Foxhole Court by Nora Sakavic. I personally feel it's highly underrated and should be really popular. I'm not saying it should be winning every book award and that it's not flawed, BUT ITS STORY AND COMPLEX CHARACTERS ARE OFF THE CHARTS lemme tell you. To describe it in a very vaugue way, it's like a dark sort of contemporary sports drama young adult lgbtqap+ book. For all the anime fans out there, it's like a really dark haikyuuu sports anime where the ships become cannon. Or at least I think they will... PLEASE READ THIS BOOK PLEASEE
RegularGuy3
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-regularguy3.html
Latest Review: Farmer Beau's Farm by Kathleen Geiger

Post by RegularGuy3 »

I can't say this is my genre, but my wife seemed to really enjoy The League and The Lantern.
HerondaleWill
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by HerondaleWill »

All the Cassandra Clare series, (Mortal Instruments, The infernal Devices, the dark artifices only the first two are released, and all the other books live The shadowhunter academy, the bane chronicles etc.)
Epuise
Currently Reading: Evermore (Immortals #1)
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-epuise.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Epuise »

Definitely The White Rabbit Chronicles By Gena Showalter , It was a fantastic series. Even though I'm not a fan of zombies in particular this series actually gave me a reason to love them. Another Great Series I would Recommend is the Fablehaven Series by Brandon Mull. Absolutely wonderful if you love fantasy to the point of no return! It's not just fun and games though there's danger and action too. I have one more Magical Recommendation and that would Be the Circle Of Magic Series By Tamora Pierce and It's Continuation The Circle opens. There are a total Of Nine books. (The 9th book is a stand alone novel called The Will of the Emperess.) These were ultimately Amazing to me when i first read them, thrown into the world of magic and adventure.
Shakra
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reading Device: B00SZ59XFA

Post by Shakra »

I would suggest the Skulduggery Pleasant books by Derek Landy.

Quite a lot of books in the series but it is a long read that is really worth it.
You start of with a young chracter and as the books go on you get to watch her age and learn.
I really don't want to ruin anything at all if you end up reading this series so I won't say much.

These books are full of magic, mystery and amazing characters.
Nothing is predictable and you will quickly find yourelf hooked until you read them all.
Get ready to laugh and fall in love as well as hate some of these chracters.
I could not recommend these books enough.
Jesscar6
Currently Reading: A Song of Ice and Fire
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesscar6.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Jesscar6 »

The Atlantis Grail series (Qualify, Compete, and Win) by Vera Nazarian

I absolutely love this series. Its written really well. The story is quite gripping and exciting. Got some great sci-fi elements in it too. She descriptions on space in the second book are great.
mplotts

Post by mplotts »

The Natural series by Jennifer Lynn Barnes. I would describe as CSI meets Criminal Minds for teens. Very fast moving and had some twists and turns.
Ftmhazha

Post by Ftmhazha »

Matched by Ally Condie. It is well written. Literally a page turner. It makes you imagine what will happened to our lives if the society controls us.
And they will change from ash and nothing to flesh and blood
Eileen R
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Currently Reading: Toni the Superhero
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eileen-r.html
Latest Review: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient by Colleen Huber, NMD

Post by Eileen R »

The Hunger Games
+MrsLoony+
Currently Reading: The Skye in June
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by +MrsLoony+ »

For something magical anything Tamora Pierce is a win. She is a fabulous author who totally immerses you in her universe.

A great Scifi/Mystery YA is the Virals series by Kathy Reichs and Brenden Reichs. Kathy Reichs is better known for her murder mystery novels but this YA oriented series she wrote with her son is fantastic.
MaryMiller_1

Post by MaryMiller_1 »

Passenger by Alexandra Bracken is absolutely amazing! It is her first work in the Passenger duology and it is gripping. I was unable to put this book down.
dtb
Currently Reading: A Darker Shade of Magic
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dtb.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by dtb »

lauramf5438 wrote: 21 Jul 2015, 23:39 Hex Hall by Rachel Hawthorne. It is completely underrated and not well known, but it is a hilarious read with a paranormal aspect, and even has some romance sprinkled in there. It was the complete package for me, and I really recommend it!
I've just found this series. I agree with you. I'm really enjoying it.
khusnick
Currently Reading: Atlas Shrugged
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khusnick.html
Latest Review: The Elf Coup - Book Three of the Magi Charter by Jordan David

Post by khusnick »

If it hasn't been mentioned yet, literally any of Rick Riordan's books are incredible. He has several series out, and they're all impossible to put down. I can't even let myself read them during the school year because I would never get through the required reading for my English classes if I fell down that rabbit hole during a semester.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”