Twilight or The Vampire Diaries?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Turk Joel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Re: Twilight or The Vampire Diaries?

Post by Turk Joel »

Twilight potrays a simplicity in love that's bound to be complex better than VD, so i side with it
Apryll203
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Apryll203 »

I absolutely adore both The Vampire Diaries show and Twilights movies. But as a book opinion Twilight is well written, and just a great book.
Chahal Tilak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by Chahal Tilak »

In the book series? Definitely Twilight. The series is so well written. I absolutely adore The Host by Stephanie Meyer. But the movies just ruined it.
VD book series characters are amazing but the plot isn't that good and the vampire features just lost my interest. I did read the first four book of the whole series. But it had too much unexplainable magical elements.
But i am a die hard fan of the TVD TV series. OMG!! The story the twists the characters the dialogues up until 7th season are amazing. The spin-offs are amazing too. Maybe why i don't like the books much.
Though I would prefer twilight book series instead of the VD one.
Claire Zondo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claire-zondo.html
Latest Review: Demon Freaks by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by Claire Zondo »

Vampire Diaries! I watched and read Twilight but I just didnt really feel it as much, Vd is more exciting and relatable to me.
Julia J 1
Currently Reading: The Priory of the Orange Tree
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julia-j-1.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Julia J 1 »

I think the Twilight series is better written. I couldn't get into The Vampire Diaries. Twilight has more likeable characters, even if they sometimes get annoying/make stupid decisions.

I am also biased because I read Twilight before trying TVD. I think whichever you read first might make you lean towards it. Also Twilight is a massive part of my childhood/teen life and TVD just wasn't.
riddhisingh_0510
Currently Reading:

Post by riddhisingh_0510 »

If its about vampires, i am game for either really. The plot line of both the series of books are similar yet very different from each other, But if you reading them,one thing i can say for sure is that you wouldn't want to put it down till you have read the whole series.
Chelia27
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Chelia27 »

As much as I love both books, I'd say Twilight is my favorite. L. J. Smith did an astounding job. I love all of her works. Whenever I read twilight I feel like I've left earth and I'm in Edward's and Bella's world.

Vampire diaries is also amazing with the unexpected turn of events but Twilight just so happens to be my favorite.
Leonie Vermaak
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonie-vermaak.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Leonie Vermaak »

Now this a choice I can't make. I truly can't choose between the two as I enjoyed both. I absolutely love Damon and Edward's characters. VD made me cry and I was so furious when a certain event happened that I didn't want to continue reading, haha but I pulled through and was glad I did as it was pure happiness in the end for me🤭.

Twilight was absolutely a perfect love story and I read it at a stage when my life also made a huge turn for the best in my own love life and I'll will treasure that for always. Ive re-read Twilight a couple of time already and once I get the VD series finally on my bookshelves I'll definitely read them again!!!
tanalampe

Post by tanalampe »

i love the twilight books, i think they are very well written and i fell in love with every character but you will not catch me watching the movies!!! lol, but the vampire diaries.....i can read and watch both. FOR READING WISE....twilight
Mollie Doran
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mollie-doran.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Mollie Doran »

I would say twilight takes the cake for me. There’s more character individuality and likeability- Bella, whilst whiny at times, is not unlikeable like Elena can be.
Simmons32
Currently Reading: Cengage Advantage Books
Bookshelf Size: 673
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simmons32.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Simmons32 »

I have enjoyed both, but my favorite is definitely Twilight. That series has my been my favorite since I was a teenager, and it probably always will be. I enjoy the movies as well. The Vampire Diaries was a lot of fun in its first few seasons, but in my opinion it started getting depressing in its later seasons. One of these days though I will have to rewatch the series for fun.
Biancamcc
Currently Reading:

Post by Biancamcc »

most definitely the vampire diaries. i watched twilight so many times and realized its cringy. then i watched the vampire diaries and loved it. i tried to read the twilight books but couldnt get into it. but i absolutely adore the vampire diaries books
Felicia Shelton
Favorite Author: B.S.M. Stoneking
Favorite Book: Capture's Temperance
Currently Reading: The Scotch Queen
Bookshelf Size: 532
fav_author_id: 80995

Post by Felicia Shelton »

Twilight hands down. I agree with you that the characters are well written. It wasn’t over technical to read it puts you in the setting of the store and the choices that you have make you feel deep in your body.
erzaandjellal

Post by erzaandjellal »

Its Twilight all for me. With every turn of the page i get more excited
A beautiful book. Who agrees
Bioluwrites
Currently Reading: Back Home
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bioluwrites.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Bioluwrites »

I loved reading both but my best is Twilight. I was drawn to the characters and I appreciate how the vampires were portrayed.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”