Review of My Other Half

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Review of My Other Half

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "My Other Half" by Xayley Rose.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The best feeling in the world is when you have a deep connection with someone you love and who you know is looking out for your best interests. Love is a blissful feeling that is difficult to find, and when you do, you guard it with jealousy as well. It's difficult to find people who appreciate you for who you are rather than what you can offer. Love gives you the strength to persevere in life, even when things are difficult. It provides comfort in times of sorrow; it is truly a beautiful thing. My Other Half by Xayley Rose is an amazing book that will teach any reader the meaning of true love.

Isabella Washington is a stunning young lady surrounded by loving parents who lavished her with affection and attention, as well as her best friend Aiden Cunningham, with whom she shared many happy memories. Isabella had a perfect life until she discovered a terrible secret about Aiden. Furthermore, Isabella gave love a chance by dating her ideal boyfriend, Matthew, but she ran into some difficulties that nearly killed her. What exactly did Matthew do to her? What was the mystery she unearthed about her friend Aiden? Did she keep her friendship with Aiden going? This amazing book contains the answers to these questions.

This book is fantastic in every way. It is timely and somewhat realistic. I like how the plot deviated from the standard fairytale love story, in which authors make romantic relationships appear effortless. This book taught me that love is difficult and that it takes effort to succeed, which is true. I felt sympathy for Isabella, the main character. She made poor decisions because she was afraid of something similar to what we are, but she later realized that she didn't have to bear the emotional load alone because she is surrounded by people who love and support her. This book inspires me to treasure every genuine friendship I have, to love completely, and to never be afraid to be vulnerable with the people I care about.

Isabella is my favorite character in this book because she was brave enough to share her problems with her loved ones. Because they are afraid of being blackmailed, some people find it difficult to share their emotional difficulties with others. Isabella also taught me the importance of sincerity and boldness. The author's writing style is excellent. As I read about Isabella's struggles, I found it difficult to put the book down.

I have no complaints about this book. However, it contains disturbing situations, graphic violence, and mental illness, which may be triggering to some readers. I must admit that this book made me aware of several things that I was previously unaware of. I'd like to recognize the author's exceptional creativity. I'll also thank the editor for a job well done because the book is error-free, indicating that it was carefully edited. Based on the above reasons, I rate the book five out of five stars. Anyone who enjoys realistic love stories should read this book.

My Other Half
View: on Bookshelves
Rk90
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Rk90 »

The best feeling in the world is when you have a deep connection with someone you love and who you know is looking out for your best interests.
Orapeleng Irish Moshawa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Orapeleng Irish Moshawa »

The book itself goes hand in hand with the life that we are living today..so I would like to read it further....
Mwila135

Post by Mwila135 »

Love gives you the strength to persevere in life, even when things are difficult. It provides comfort in times of sorrow
Nicholas Bush
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholas-bush.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Nicholas Bush »

I love your review for this book and i must admit that it is was worth the read. Would be nice to read this book someday ASAP. adding it to my bookshelf. Nice review.
Sue chang
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sue-chang.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Sue chang »

No one could have done better on the review, it sounds interesting it took me into the book as if I was there in the whole experience.
Samuel Songs
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-songs.html
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak

Post by Samuel Songs »

That opening line is so true! There is no feeling in the world better than knowing that someone's got you and you've got them back. Having a deep connection with the one you love cannot be overemphasized. The person you love should do things that is in your best interest. Same applies to you.
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak
Arrow Shot
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arrow-shot.html
Latest Review: A Bridge to Home by L J Hippler

Post by Arrow Shot »

I like that the book is somehow realistic. Sincerely, I'm tired of all the cliche love stories that all sound the same with different names for the characters. Love is never as effortless as they make it seem. It's good to find a book that is different from the cliché ones. Nice review.
Tony T
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tony-t.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Tony T »

I think I already love the character of Isabella. I love her bravery in sharing her problems with others. As we know, a problem shared is a problem half solved. I love how you poured out your heart in this review and it is nothing short of spectacular! I enjoyed reading it.
Madam Tori
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madam-tori.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Madam Tori »

I must say that the cover of this book is really pretty. Just the book's cover alone is enough to convince me to read the book. I love the direction the storyline also went. It's tiring to read the same type of story over and over. It's a good thing that the author drove this story in a unique direction.
Adeolaoskydeelight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeolaoskydeelight.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Adeolaoskydeelight »

Feeling emotional reading this review, I hope there wasn't a betrayal because this is what I dread most in relationships. Fascinating review
Ashinsana prasani

Post by Ashinsana prasani »

I love this reveiw i really want to read this book i have experience of something similar hope this book might cope with my feelings
bella Eick 1

Post by bella Eick 1 »

I really enjoyed this book. It was written and the plot was well formed. I don't read a ton but this was definitely worth it! I would recommend it to anyone.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Love takes time, and true love is hard to find. Sometimes it easily falls into infatuation. I hope Isabella finds real love from Matthew. And I hope Aiden's secret was not so devastating for Isabella. This is such an intriguing book. Thanks for your outstanding review!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Meghan Sica
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-sica.html
Latest Review: House of Hoops by June Gillam

Post by Meghan Sica »

This book sounds like a perfect read for Valentine's Day! Romance, love and mystery!

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”