The Raven Boys by Maggie Steifvater

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
RoxieReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roxiereads.html
Latest Review: Code Name Lily by Julien Ayotte

Re: The Raven Boys by Maggie Steifvater

Post by RoxieReads »

Everyone has said such good things about this series! I love everything about it from the cover to the title and I can’t wait to start it.
~Roxie~
Barbie_sidhu
Currently Reading: Strong heart
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbie-sidhu.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Barbie_sidhu »

The Raven cycle series was good at the time I read it but as for now its an okay series.
MissJill
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by MissJill »

Ah The Raven Boys. I actually both have this book in hardback and recently re-"read" it by listening to the audiobook on the way home from a vacation. The author has a really canny way of putting you right into the middle of the West Virginia dusk. The magic she imbues int he story you can feel buzzing at your fingertips. That said, she does take almost an entire page sometimes to describe the night sky. Description is awesome, but sometimes can slow the book's story down.
MariaLivaniou
Favorite Author: Cassandra Clare
Favorite Book: City of Bones
Currently Reading: Captive Prince
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robinbennet.html
Latest Review: Shifting Sands by Barry Litherland
fav_author_id: 2912

Post by MariaLivaniou »

I absolutely adored The Raven Boys by Maggie Steifvater. I had amazing characters, perfectly portrayed but in a way completing each other personalities, each with his own unique way. I did have a minor problem with the slow pace of the book but once I got over it, it was so worth it. What really excited me, was that half the time I didn't know what on earth was happening, that hasn't happened to me in long while and I loved it.
Jade1692
Currently Reading: Healing Anger
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jade1692.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Jade1692 »

One of my favourite series ever, and I only read them as an adult lol. I thought the story was brilliant and fell in love with the characters. I didn't find the pace of the books too slow, but I'm a fan of slow-burn movies too so I don't know if I'm really one to comment on that. The overtime reveals of character traits and abilities I really enjoyed, we weren't privy to everything about them upfront and had to keep reading to learn more. I also really appreciated the Welsh mythology and inclusion of past and present forms of divination and/or magick, that was a pleasant surprise I was not expecting when I started the series.
Sydney Lee
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sydney-lee.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Sydney Lee »

Even with little action, I'm glad the book still holds up a four out of five stars. I've been wanting to read this book for a while and it would suck if it turned out not to be a good book. Thanks for the review!

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”