Review of 4th & Long:

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Silent Eagle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silent-eagle.html
Latest Review: 4th & Long: by Garrett M Stapleton

Review of 4th & Long:

Post by Silent Eagle »

[Following is a volunteer review of "4th & Long:" by Garrett M Stapleton.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

As a teenager, having Down syndrome can without a doubt pause a blow to One's self esteem, and for Matthew Gordon, neither did losing his father at an early age make his life any easier. Despite of this ordeal, Mathew receives overwhelming love and support from his mother Lindsey as well as from friends and other unexpected relationships built along the way. However, is it all enough to help him cope with society's pressures and ever escalating expectations?

4th & Long: A Gridiron Parable by Garrett M Stapleton is a truly intriguing and enjoyable novel. The characters developed in the novel are fictional but yet rather quite relatable, in a way that, I myself having lost my father at an early age which was a very devastating event, I was later also graced with another father figure in my life who just like how Joe Donovan accepted and loved Matty as his own child, so did I also get a similar chance.

The book entails favourable aspects that further make it to indeed stand out. The language used was simple enough to help One to clearly understand the enfolding plot. The length of the book plus the chapters themselves is moderate which allows the reader comfortably enjoy it. The humour of the characters as well as the comforting phrases which embellish the book 4th & Long, without a doubt, made me enjoy it the more.

The editing was professionally done, leaving it without any errors. The few negative aspects of the book are paltry given the artful plot and amazing characters it has. Thus managing to leave the book in the limelight it deserves.Therefore, I award 4th & Long: A Gridiron Parable by Garrett M. Stapleton 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend it to lovers of young adult novels.

4th & Long:
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”