Twilight Series by Stephaine Meyer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
pdcyouthlibrary
Bookshelf Size: 0

Icon Twilight Series by Stephaine Meyer

Post by pdcyouthlibrary »

I was surprised no had anything yet about Twilight! I understand the movie and the fan clubs about it all, yet I have to say that I read the books before the big drama of it all, and really enjoyed them. It was an extremely well written book series with different twists and turns that made the series amazing. I can't say that I enjoyed the movies at all, however the books were well done and would recommend. The hard part with recommending this series is that people have seen the movies and then they don't want to read the books because of that, but it's a good series that I'm have enjoyed for sure!
Alli K
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Alli K »

I also love this series, and I always recommend reading the series even if you've seen the movies. While I am not an extreme fan girl and I didn't obsess over the series, I did enjoy it a lot, and I have read it multiple times. It is a well written series that I can always find myself getting lost in and slightly sad when I get to the end of the series.
Komiko90

Post by Komiko90 »

Well I'm new to this forum and this will be my first post.

I too read this series before there was the hype of it all. It has good memories of fun times in High School where it was just the clique of bookreaders who were all hyped about the books and as time, fanclubs and movie lovers and sales have shown they were well worth it. I haven't seen the movies to comment on it, but the series was well written and really left you dying to reach the end and then dying for the next book release! I think once those first years missed you, you missed the best years of the saga. The days when you couldn't wait to hear the name of the next title and the joy of finally getting it.
emmavandenberg

Post by emmavandenberg »

Stephanie Meyer is a gifted author who, when reading her stories one finds themselves completely lost and absorbed by her writings. It was an enjoyable, magical read of first and lasting love.

-- 10 Mar 2015, 03:55 --
Harsheen Kaur
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harsheen-kaur.html

Post by Harsheen Kaur »

I haven't read the books yet but I want to read it after seeing the reviews. I have watched the movies though but didnt find them as good as expected. But I'll surely try the books.
mmandy38
Favorite Author: Nicholas Sparks
Currently Reading: The Zookeeper's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmandy38.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0
fav_author_id: 2460

Post by mmandy38 »

Alli K wrote:I also love this series, and I always recommend reading the series even if you've seen the movies. While I am not an extreme fan girl and I didn't obsess over the series, I did enjoy it a lot, and I have read it multiple times. It is a well written series that I can always find myself getting lost in and slightly sad when I get to the end of the series.
I completely agree. I read the books before the movies came out, and I will admit I bought a few Twilight things once they became popular, but I don't consider myself a fan girl. They were very well written, and I enjoyed them, but I only watched the first two (I think?) Movies because I was so disappointed.
vanya28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vanya28.html

Post by vanya28 »

I have read all books of Stephanie Meyer and they are so much expressive than the movies... Movies are good, but it is not possible to capture everything from the books as it is... For me reading her books was actually being there and seeing it happen..
csimmons032
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight and The Last Song
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 706
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csimmons032.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
fav_author_id: 2594

Post by csimmons032 »

I enjoyed both the books and the movies, but I do agree that people should read the books even if they have seen the movies. The books, especially the first one, are far different from the movies. It is a fantastic series and one that I have read many times. To be honest, it is the only series that I have rad over and over again. It is truly a great story, and i highly recommend that people read it.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
AimeeTanner24
Currently Reading: My Life Next Door
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aimeetanner24.html

Post by AimeeTanner24 »

In my opinions, the books were definitely better than the movies. Don't get me wrong, the movies were good, but they just weren't what I envisioned the Twilight world would be like. I read the first book in one sitting, while I had the flu. I was caught from page one and I just couldn't put them down. I read all four books before the first movie came out so I could feel like I was apart of the series and knew what was going to happen before it did. In all honesty, the order of my favorite book to my least favorite book goes as follows: Eclipse, Twilight, New Moon, and Breaking Dawn. Breaking Dawn was my least favorite book because of the ending. I'm not entirely sure what it was, but I didn't like it. The order of my favorite movies to my least favorite movies are as follows: Eclipse, Breaking Dawn Part 1, Breaking Dawn Part 2, Twilight, then New Moon. To me, this series changed the reading world for teenagers everywhere. Unlike most people, this series did not get me into reading again. I have always been a reader and I started this series when I was in sixth grade I believe. However, I was reading Harry Potter before I read this one so it did not start my reading world. I loved the books but I never understood why they sparkled? It was definitely a different outlook to vampires and I think that's why some younger teenagers fell in love with vampires. When I was growing up, Lestat made me love vampires. Overall, this series will always be close to my heart and I love it so much.
Mkamom3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mkamom3.html

Post by Mkamom3 »

I enjoyed this series. I wasn't die hard about it but it was an enjoyable read.
jesslynn7

Post by jesslynn7 »

I read this series awhile ago, before the movies came out. I did enjoy the books at the time, but now that I am older I realize that they were not particularly well written. The movies absolutely killed the books for me. I cannot bear to reread them or watch the movies again. They have ruined the books for me.
monskins

Post by monskins »

Twilight series. Lots of people criticise twilight movie because of the lack of facial expressions from Kristen Stewart. But think about it, in the novel series Bella it is quite creepy as Edward watched Bella since she was an infant and have grown to love her. It is likely a taboo for Edward is like a Pedophile. Vampires become a glistening creature and cannot be tainted by the sun. Jacob is friendzoned and become a pedophile again as he imprinted on Bella's daughter Renesmee. What made people hooked is that there is always a soft core erotic scene as Edward kisses Bella and how there romance erodes. :eusa-think: How Bella have become helpless when deciding into becoming a beautiful immortal vampire and the as she become invincible again as she became immortal. I love the novel series but I hate the movie saga.
fnichols1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fnichols1.html

Post by fnichols1 »

Hey everyone, I am not a young adult but I certainly did enjoy this book series. It had my favorite things in a book, Romance, excitement, drama. This is a very good read and would read it over and over again.
ShawnaSimplicity
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by ShawnaSimplicity »

In all honesty, I found the books interesting however some of the books finer points were lacking in the basic understanding of the inner working of vampires. In all reality, I prefer the older works like Dracula and the like as a meaning of a basis of how the vampire anatomy works. Although it was a rather entertaining book series to say the least. I loved her unique views on how a loner outcast girl falls for the vampire because he is "just like her" in one sense or another. I do, however, find the movies as a severe let down from the books. Why is it exactly they had to change so much from the books? I understand cutting some parts out but seriously, It was good the way it was written in the books.
mallyview7
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mallyview7.html

Post by mallyview7 »

I was really skeptical to get into the Twilight novels because I thought I wouldn't like them, but I actually got into the series while they were finishing up the movies. The books were easy to read and had a good enough mixture of likable and unlikable characters-characters you root for and others that you hope drop off from the story. I found myself getting caught up in the plot and was always eager for more. I especially enjoyed the incorporation of the stories from the Quileute tribe. I thought Meyer did a great job setting up the scene in the books, and I could almost see myself in Forks getting rained on while reading it.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”