Twilight Series by Stephaine Meyer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
jessicahope923
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Twilight Series by Stephaine Meyer

Post by jessicahope923 »

I really enjoyed reading this series as well as watching the movies. I liked how it captured the essence of a love story with the supernatural stuff not being the main focus of the entire series. There were the aspects of it, but deep in the core is was a romance between two "unlikely" characters - in my opinion. I wanted to read The Host also by Stephanie Meyer, but never got around to it. I did like the way they were written and felt like they were very easy to read.
KacieLW
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kacielw.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Post by KacieLW »

I really enjoyed reading the books when they first came out. And I also enjoyed the movies. Mainly I enjoyed the first book though, I really didn't like New Moon and that kind of made me like the rest of the series a little less. However, I did have a good time reading them.
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
Vivisbooks
Currently Reading: Shadow Kiss
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivisbooks.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Post by Vivisbooks »

I tried to read the Twilight book's back when they first became popular. Although, I could not make it through the first book. Twilight didn't really draw me in like I thought they would
Jodie567
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jodie567.html

Post by Jodie567 »

I'm actually re reading the series right now. I love it, the books are so much better then the movies even though they did a great job on movies but there is so much emotion expressed in the print that couldn't be transferred on screen. Always a twilight fan!!!
LuluLovegood
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lululovegood.html

Post by LuluLovegood »

pdcyouthlibrary wrote:I was surprised no had anything yet about Twilight! I understand the movie and the fan clubs about it all, yet I have to say that I read the books before the big drama of it all, and really enjoyed them. It was an extremely well written book series with different twists and turns that made the series amazing. I can't say that I enjoyed the movies at all, however the books were well done and would recommend. The hard part with recommending this series is that people have seen the movies and then they don't want to read the books because of that, but it's a good series that I'm have enjoyed for sure!
I agree that they are fun, entertaining books. I read them when I was in high school and adored them. And I agree it is unfortunate that the movies and crazy fans created a stigma over them. My one big criticism with the series though, is that I wish Bella had been a stronger, more independent character. Especially in the second book. I think it's fine, and even necessary for characters to have flaws and weaknesses, but I felt the way in which Bella was portrayed was stereotypical. And especially considering it is a young adult series, I feel it is important to stay away from such stereotypes as it can be hurtful to young women who are trying to form romantic relationships for the first time.
Kristen1217
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristen1217.html

Post by Kristen1217 »

Oh god when the twilight series came out I read it six times over and before each movie came out. But, then the movie ruined the books for me. In this situation as like many others in always suggest reading the books than watching the movies because there is so many details missing like Bellas humor in the first book! She was pretty funny in the first one and just overall they were great but now it makes me cringe.
AvidR3ader

Post by AvidR3ader »

This is one of my favorite series, I especially love Breaking Dawn. I have all the books and movies. I highly recommend to anyone who likes vampires and romance.
KayMc94
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by KayMc94 »

I saw the movies before I read the books, so I was a little wary at first, but I am definitely glad that I read them.

In my opinion, all of the characters have so much more personality in the books than the movies. I love how Stephanie Meyer got into detail about each little aspect of the characters and the scenes. She was able to paint us a portrait with her words so that we could imagine the story as a movie in our heads - each person (reader) experienced the book differently therefore reacting differently.
Kjdominque
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kjdominque.html

Post by Kjdominque »

I was quite late to the party when reading this series. I only started reading them when the films came out. Everyone kept going on and on about how amazing these films were. However,I have this thing where I won't watch a film unless I've read the books and even though there was only one film out at the time; after reading the first book I was completely hooked and spent the next 2 days reading the entire series.
Dinneen+1998
Currently Reading: Gone Girl
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dinneen-1998.html

Post by Dinneen+1998 »

I remember I use to read the series all the time,the beginning of my high school years.I use to get them from the school's library all the time!
zero_macabre
Currently Reading: The Snowman
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zero-macabre.html
Latest Review: "No Simple Miracle" by Meggan Haller

Post by zero_macabre »

I've only read the books but not the movies. Stephanie Meyer kept me really hooked to the series all the way to the end and I thoroughly enjoyed the book. As someone who doesn't really read romance books, I didn't think I would like it, but I was certainly proven wrong!
Latest Review: "No Simple Miracle" by Meggan Haller
Lustrious-Librarian
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lustrious-librarian.html

Post by Lustrious-Librarian »

I agree that the movies kind of ruined the series (although I will admit that I still liked the movies as well). The books gave a little more insight into each of the characters, which was lacking in the movies.
Genaaa
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-genaaa.html
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera

Post by Genaaa »

I read the books quite a long time ago before the movies were out and found them decent. I think the hype over the movies definitely kind of turned people off the books as there's so much shade thrown at the movies.
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera
mauralynn
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mauralynn.html

Post by mauralynn »

When I first read The Twilight Saga I was in middle school/entering high school. I'm now a high school graduate and two years out. Just a few months ago I went out and picked up the first installment to re-read them. I only got three chapters in before I put the book down, took it back to the library and went back home. It was awful! I can forgive my younger self for enjoying them simply because I didn't know better, but it was truly horrendous! It was so poorly written I couldn't find it in myself to keep reading. Grammar was off, and certain sentences just didn't sound right. I truly regret ever telling anyone to read those books. I can understand how maybe the plot line was enjoyable, but if she (Meyers) had found a decent person to edit those books they would have turned out so much better!
Dexter9

Post by Dexter9 »

The way Stephanie Meyer has written these books is commendable! She can captivate you with her words and you lose yourself in her beautifully drawn characters without realising it.
However, after going through the entire series, now when I think of it, I am unable to recall the plot of the story. Stephanie manages to imprison the readers in her world of vampires and werevolves, but fails to construct a story. This is probably the reason why if someone asks you about the storyline of the Twilight series, you find yourself at a loss for a definite answer! You can dodge this bullet by telling about how the plot starts with the advent of a charming yet misunderstood species of vampires and revolves around the rivalry between the vampires and another specie, the werewolves in the later parts.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”