Twilight Series by Stephaine Meyer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
r_bhavika
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Favorite Book: Slammed
Currently Reading: The Sun is Also a Star
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-bhavika.html
Latest Review: Geraldine by Edmund M Aristone
fav_author_id: 3720

Re: Twilight Series by Stephaine Meyer

Post by r_bhavika »

I read the series and I really liked it. It is a great series. I also agree to the fact that movies didn't do any justice to the books. The love triangle between Belle, Edward and Jacob was a great plot. I was hooked to the pages. But I really didn't like the idea of Jacob imprinting Renesmee. That was hard to take in. All in all, it was a great book.
"The world was hers for the reading.” – Betty Smith :techie-studyinggray:
rubinelli
Currently Reading: Fangirl
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rubinelli.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by rubinelli »

Yeah... Jacob imprinting on Renesmee was really weird, to say the least. I think I enjoyed the first 2 books in the series, but not the last 2. I wish that Jasper was featured more in the series. I thought that his backstory was really interesting. It's a shame that he never was able to control his bloodlust even after everything that happened in the books. I also like Rosalie. I thought she was another very interesting character given her life as a human and her love of children.
OpinionatedEducator
Currently Reading: Pachinko
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-opinionatededucator.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by OpinionatedEducator »

As usual, the books were much better than the movies. I also thought the movies made Bella seem more shy and soft-spoken than in the books.
jesscat304
Favorite Book: The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A f*ck
Currently Reading: It Ends with Us
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesscat304.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by jesscat304 »

I love this series of books and I particularly like the developement of the characters that caused me to understand Bella’s choice better. I also really enjoyed the quotes at the beginning of each chapter that linked to other authors and poets that helped to set the scene and create greater depth of thought.
sush_destiny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sush-destiny.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by sush_destiny »

It is a pretty good series. I am no fan of the series or the author, but, it is certainly worth a read.
Choine
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-choine.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
Reading Device: 1400699894

Post by Choine »

I read all of the books in junior high before the movies came out and really liked them. My friends and I even had fights over "Team Jacob" or "Team Edward". I saw the movies and I didn't really like them. I felt they were poorly executed and a lot of the "drama" was over the top. Now that I'm older, I tried to reread the series and found that I didn't care for it anymore. I thought Bella acted like a weak, boy-obsessed child and Edward seemed manipulative and creepy. I tried but it looks like that part of my childhood will stay in my childhood.
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

I read Twilight before it became a bestseller. Mind you I read it about five times in the same year I bought it :) I loved the series as a whole, and I thought the movies did a fairly good job portraying the books.
"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." - Dr. Seuss
Bluedogie
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Bluedogie »

Twilight is a great book. It is about a girl called Bella Dwan falling for a mysterious guy called Edward Cullen. But somthing is off about him and when the become closer Bella relises that Edward is not who he seems to be.
SosoBlade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reading Device: B01LX5X02A

Post by SosoBlade »

I read the entire series then watched the movies. I did it again and again and again. It actually pissed me of that people dared compare this to fifty shades of grey by E.L James though it is also a good book.
fenellamelford
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fenellamelford.html
Latest Review: The Last Bush Pilots by Eric Auxier

Post by fenellamelford »

SosoBlade wrote: 23 Mar 2019, 19:32 I read the entire series then watched the movies. I did it again and again and again. It actually pissed me of that people dared compare this to fifty shades of grey by E.L James though it is also a good book.
... people compare the two because Fifty Shades of Grey was literally a work of fanfiction based on the Twilight series. It was originally called "Master of the Universe" and was posted on fanfiction website in 2009.
vfaith82

Post by vfaith82 »

Twilight by Stephanie Meyers Stephanie Meyers is one of the best romance series. It is very well written and put together in a way that makes you want to read more. I’ve watched the movies and now rereading all the books once again.
Nisha Ward
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Garth Nix
Favorite Book: Binti Home
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer
Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
fav_author_id: 4351

Post by Nisha Ward »

It's not my favourite but Twilight is a good read if you want something easy and fun. The movies definitely sid the books a disservice as Bella is more assertive in the novels, and the supporting characters get more attention in the latter as well, but I understand the constraints of adaptation. That being said, the first two were definitely the best.
"...while a book has got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the reader it's got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the writer as well." - Terry Pratchett on The Last Continent and his writing.
chloeElise3

Post by chloeElise3 »

So The Twilight Series is very popular of course. Everyone has either heard of it or read it/watched it at some point in their life. There are clearly many reviews on here to prove that... I've read the books and watched the movies many times over myself. I find it very comforting, the familiarity to the story now. It gives a new spin of every classic love story ever, written which is a very refreshing thing to read.
Julie Petitbon
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Favorite Book: The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
Currently Reading: Becoming Michele Obama
Bookshelf Size: 699
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-petitbon.html
Latest Review: Sophia Violet and the Fiery Orb by Evangeline Greene
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Julie Petitbon »

I enjoyed the Twilight series. When Twilight came out I was a high school English teacher. I can't tell you how many students came in with that book. In my eyes, any book that can get a generation of kids to read and enjoy reading is a book worth celebrating.
moonoto1

Post by moonoto1 »

Twilight is definitely a must read for any romance fan. Just reading it makes you believe in true love. One of my favorite books of all time. Written beautifully with action, drama, fantasy, and romance all rolled into one.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”