Twilight Series by Stephaine Meyer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Doaa Wael
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doaa-wael.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Re: Twilight Series by Stephaine Meyer

Post by Doaa Wael »

Toshia wrote:I use to laugh at my Mom when she read constantly. She handed me, Twilight by Stephanie Meyer and said, Just read it. I have always been a huge Vampire movie buff. I remember seeing the trailer for Twilight and thinking it looked horrible. But, I a loved my Mother and started reading. I absolutely fell in love! I release the entire saga in one weekend. I got hardly any sleep! It was so bad that I started to hallucinate patterns in between the lines of the pages. Took a two hour nap and went right back to it!

Stephanie got some bad reviews revolving around juvenile writing style or details about the characters. I can see where things being said are coming from. But, I will always hold a special place in my heart for this Saga. I never use to be a reader... Until my Mother handed me Twilight. So thank you, Mom, for your little push. Thank you, Stephanie, for awakening the devoted book lover in me.

That was beautiful to read, thank you for sharing :)
Imagination Trumps Reality.
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
jlhazlewood1
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jlhazlewood1 »

I was able to buy the Twilight series when it first came out, I believe, in 2005. I loved these books so much I remember recommending them to everyone I knew! I actually have been thinking about rereading them but sadly I loaned them to my sister then she loaned them to a friend of hers and I never got them back. That's the downside of owning physical copies. So, hopefully I will buy the series for my Kindle Paperwhite soon! I didn't care for the movies as much because of Kristen Stewart's acting when she had to be dramatic. It honestly made me cringe which is surprising because I really liked her in the movie The Messengers. I seen it in theaters and thought it was awesome!
CaitlinGonya
Currently Reading: Heart of Iron
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlingonya.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery by R.F. Kristi

Post by CaitlinGonya »

I wouldn't say its a great series but it was ok. I'm not a fan of Bella and her drama but the writing was good. The movies we're terrible and I didn't bother with the last ones after the first.
Mary Garrison
Currently Reading: The Hiding Place
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-garrison.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Mary Garrison »

I loved the Novels and reread them at least 5 times. The movies definitely did not do them justice, but I enjoyed watching them as well. My husband hated it because I would constantly say, "that's not how that went" or quote things from the book that weren't in the movies. One of my favorite parts is the tent scene.
Ysa Reyes 30

Post by Ysa Reyes 30 »

Twilight series by stephaine meyer is such a great book . As a big fan of the movie and the book it self there are things in the movie and in the book that's quite different just like how the characters should look but all in all , i love reading this book and watching the movie ... even you've never watch it before the book will help your mind imagine the scenes and the whole story .
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

I loved 'Twilight'. I had heard a lot about this book from my friends, yet I was quite late taking up the book myself. And I am glad that I did. It had me spellbound. 'New Moon' also was a story I could relate well to, the way Jacob becomes a refuge for an emotionally shattered Bella. 'Eclipse' brought with it a new group of villains and new conflicts between the trio- Edward, Jacob and Bella. But I was disappointed with 'Breaking Dawn'. Apart from the part where inner turmoils of Jacob are reflected, the story seemed to be forced to a happy ending. Like the author had to make all the parts fall into places. While I like the climax scene of 'Breaking Dawn' book, it is one of the (very few) cases where I found the movie adaptation better, the last twist was indeed dramatic. But how were the end scenes of the movie even possible, considering Alice could never see any vision related to werewolves?
Books Galore
Currently Reading: Say You're Sorry
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Books Galore »

Books are MOST of the time in my humble opinion way better than the movie!

I was one of the few who grabbed up this series before it rocketed to popularity. I was like everyone else and had a hard time putting it down. It's probably the fastest I have ever read through a set of books...like ever! lol This series still remains my favorite and ranks at the top of my all time favorite books. I've read them several times and have actually been having a hankering to dig into them again lately. :oops:

But it is difficult to get people to understand our passion for reading when they aren't that into it and they saw the movies that so did not do them justice. I just hold out hope that a better director will come along with the right vision and give us die hard fans a better movie. :D

Happy Reading!
Eileen R
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Currently Reading: Toni the Superhero
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eileen-r.html
Latest Review: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient by Colleen Huber, NMD

Post by Eileen R »

I have read the books and watched the movies and I think that the books are definitely better. The movies doesn't show everything that happened in the book. So, if you only watch the movies, you'll really miss out.
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

Sorry to disagree but I felt the series was weakly done. Her writing was very surface and the characters flat. Somehow it kept me going though wanting to see how she finalized the whole thing so I did read the whole series. I wouldn't go back to it though.
However, the woman can write more complex characters and plot. Check out The Host. It is an amazing read with characters to love and a twisted plot.
Elizabeth Pass
Favorite Book: Dealing with Dragons (Enchanted Forest Chronicles, #1)
Currently Reading: Reign
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bb587.html
Latest Review: COVIDinners by Katie M Zeigler

Post by Elizabeth Pass »

I enjoyed the books and the movies. They're all so good! Stephanie Meyer's writing style is so alluring. It's easy to look up from one of her books and realize hours have gone by without you noticing. The Host was also well written and less hyped than the Twilight series, though they also made this into a movie.
Tzara Drusak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tzara-drusak.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by Tzara Drusak »

I originally read the books, then the televised editions came next. I got so much more perspective when reading the books, as is common to most book cum film works. I can't really say the movies were that bad, not like the Fifty Shades tragedy. The effects were wonderful, and the actors weren't half bad. Still, I preferred book Bella over movie Bella.
And in the end, we were all just humans... Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness.

-F. Scott Fitzgerald-
Rosseda

Post by Rosseda »

Twilight. its one of those series type of movie where you really want to watch the movie before reading the book or read the book and dont even bother yourself watching the book. Its a true how the movie does not capture the very essence of our beautiful free imaginations. It was greatly written and beautifully matered. My absolute favourate thus far.
apwaldrop
Currently Reading: The Diary of a snoopy cat
Bookshelf Size: 50

Post by apwaldrop »

I was not very big on the Twilight series but I did read all of the books. I loved The Host so much more and I am still eagerly awaiting the sequels("The Seeker" and "The Soul")should she ever choose to finish them.
jaime_burke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-burke.html
Latest Review: Hello, My Love by Evy Journey
Reading Device: B01KWX0EL4

Post by jaime_burke »

Twilight was my guilty pleasure growing up. While I think the movies could have been better, the books had me hooked from the very first word. I lost interest once it became super hyped as the movies were being released, but before the motion pictures I must have read the entire series 20 times. I remember pretending to be sick so I could stay home from school and read each book in one sitting. I will always be an Edward fan ;)
nikkyteewhy
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Dues
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyteewhy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by nikkyteewhy »

Yeah I read the series back in high school tho just twilight and new moon but I remember it was such a great book.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”