Twilight Series by Stephaine Meyer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Aixa Miller
Currently Reading: Wicked Designs
Bookshelf Size: 279
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aixa-miller.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Re: Twilight Series by Stephaine Meyer

Post by Aixa Miller »

I loved the series and have read them multiple times, and when I wasn't reading them, I read Twilight fanfiction. Now that has me hooked :). The movies were alright, but I prefer the books all the way.
ash parab
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ash parab »

Twilight is a series of four vampire-themed fantasy romance novels by American author Stephanie Meyer. it is one the best fantasy fiction i have read so far. the characters are great and beautifully presented. romance is the most important aspect of this novel. it wont be a disappointment for the 'romantic fantasy' book readers.
Alena_Surya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alena-surya.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Alena_Surya »

I loved the Jacob's chapters in Eclipse which were named so humourously!
amsula_2018
Favorite Book: Angels & Demons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amsula-2018.html
Latest Review: The Traveler's Best Seller by Rick Incorvia

Post by amsula_2018 »

I have read the Twilight Series during my college years and it is well written. I highly recommend it to teenagers who wants to read romantic novels.
thorenz_11

Post by thorenz_11 »

I love midnight sun book 5 of twilight saga.. It was just the same as book 1 except for the fact that Edward Cullen is the narrator of the book not Isabella swan...
Vscholz
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Bookshelf Size: 816
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vscholz.html
Latest Review: Primrose’s Curse by Kiara Shankar, Vinay Shankar
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Vscholz »

pdcyouthlibrary wrote: 06 Mar 2015, 11:49 I was surprised no had anything yet about Twilight! I understand the movie and the fan clubs about it all, yet I have to say that I read the books before the big drama of it all, and really enjoyed them. It was an extremely well written book series with different twists and turns that made the series amazing. I can't say that I enjoyed the movies at all, however the books were well done and would recommend. The hard part with recommending this series is that people have seen the movies and then they don't want to read the books because of that, but it's a good series that I'm have enjoyed for sure!
As I read the series (it was right before Eclipse was released in hardcover when I started), I enjoyed the books. They were a fun and fast read. However... I absolutely HATED Breaking Dawn. It left me very unsatisfied with the climax (or lack thereof). I won't mention the movies because that is a whole other discussion, but if we keep in mind that we CAN separate the books and the films, they aren't the worst. Eclipse is my favorite, followed by Twilight, New Moon, and then Breaking Dawn. It took me a couple times to get into the first book. I would rank The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner but I don't really remember if I read it--if I did, I don't remember it.

However, once I finished reading the books and actually thought about it, I had a hard time actually identifying them as anything. I questioned my enjoyment of the books, which isn't something I do often (if at all). I read a lot of popcorn books (mostly cozy paranormal mysteries lately) that I know aren't "literature," so I'm not a book snob in the typical sense.

I will say that Meyer is partially responsible for the massive boom in YA fiction and readers. I praise her in getting more people to read and I admire the staying power (I just mean we all remember it, not that it will necessarily last several decades) her books have. I only read each of them once, but for me to remember parts of them does say a lot. (I grew up loving vampires and idolizing Buffy the Vampire Slayer--show and movie--and I read some Anne Rice prior to Meyer so I may have been a bit biased upon entering Meyer's setting.)
Boopie1

Post by Boopie1 »

I remember reading all the twilight series and loved them all far more detailed then the movies
sugardrop15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sugardrop15.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by sugardrop15 »

There after so many people who don't like twilight, which is something I have trouble understanding. I like the movies, but of course, the books are much better. The characters are much more developed, and there's more feeling and emotion, which is fabulous.
The Reader Between You and Me Booklover18 :techie-studyinggray:
Italiansweety1982
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-italiansweety1982.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Post by Italiansweety1982 »

I am an adult who read the books and enjoyed them. They were better than the movies.
jlong0087
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by jlong0087 »

I loved the twilight series. I really wish Stephanie Meyers would complete midnight sun. I do feel like with the vampire, werewolf world is dying down. this would be a great opportunity for Meyers to start writing the perspective of Edward. I feel like there is more to the ending of the book. I want to know if the volturi ever came back with a war. How jacob and nessie worked out.
KarlaE89
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karlae89.html
Latest Review: Undead Redhead by Jen Frankel
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by KarlaE89 »

I would have to agree with you! I was not a big fan of the movies. I did not hate them, but I would not eagerly volunteer to watch them again. On the other hand, the books were great! Unfortunately, they were just so good and so well loved by readers that they were cinematized and introduced to a larger mainstream crowd. In turn, this same crowd was immediately obsessed and then almost seemed to turn on the franchise as time went on. This is unfortunate as the books were well written and were very original in their details and storylines. I think Stephanie Meyer did an excellent job with them. I am not familiar with her other works, (nor am I confident that she has produced more literature outside the Twilight realm), but I would easily read more content from her.
bookdragon7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookdragon7.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B007HCCOIA

Post by bookdragon7 »

I read these back in high school and I had to wait for each book to come out after the first one. I was a huge fan and I was totally Team Edward. I enjoyed the books so much more than I did the movies. The first movie was garbage in my opinion. The last three movies were the best of the series. They were the ones that kept close to the book the most. A year or two back, I tried to reread those as an adult. I couldn't do it. It hurts to say it since I was such a big fan, but there it is. It is definitely a great read for teens.
HailKingEbi
Currently Reading: The Notebook
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hailkingebi.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by HailKingEbi »

I haven't seen the movie or read the book but all these comments are making me very interested. I can't wait to finally start.
We're all puppets, Laurie. I'm just a puppet who can see the strings - Doctor Manhattan.
Jsovermyer
Favorite Book: Appaloosa Sky
Currently Reading: The Pocket Guide to Minimalism
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jsovermyer.html
Latest Review: Solomon’s Porch by Janet Morris Grimes

Post by Jsovermyer »

I read all of the series, and liked all of them except the last one Breaking Dawn. I didn't like when Jacob imprinted on the baby. Come on! Ridiculous.
billking9278074

Post by billking9278074 »

This is the most awesome series of vampires and werewolf :D :D :D :D I really like the structure and content of the book.Hope to read another amazing book like this again :D :D :D

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”