A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah Maas

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Insightsintobooks
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insightsintobooks.html
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Re: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah Maas

Post by Insightsintobooks »

I like retellings of classics. I hadn't heard of this book before this post. Since it seems that a lot of you enjoyed it I think I will add it to my TBR.
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
Youngish-Adult
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-youngish-adult.html

Post by Youngish-Adult »

I'm so glad to see this series being talked about! Sarah J Maas is (easily) my favorite YA author. The sequel, A Court of Mist and Fury, was my top book of 2016, and I read just over 100 books last year. I highly recommend both of SJM's series for fans of YA, world-building, Fae, romance, and general butt-kicking. Love this series so much!
Katelyn Scott
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katelyn-scott.html
Latest Review: "Randy Love...at your service" by Shay Carter

Post by Katelyn Scott »

I've got to read these books sometime. Everything that I've heard about them online makes them sound amazing.
Latest Review: "Randy Love...at your service" by Shay Carter
Brea_21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brea-21.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by Brea_21 »

I just got done reading this book and it is amazing!! I am currently in the process of reading Sara J Mass's Throne of Glass series and am in love!! Her writing style is easy to follow yet very descriptive which allows the reader to get lost in her books. A Court of Thorns and Roses takes a different direction compared to Sara Mass's other novels but it did not disappoint. I love Rhys even if he is one of the antagonists! He is dark and mysterious but shows to have a heart. Sara Mass did a great job with Rhys because he is a character meant to be hated but yet loved at the same time, which is hard to do. I am currently reading the second book which is just as good as the first!! Highly recommend!!
Mannie913
Currently Reading: Sweep Volume 3
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mannie913.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Mannie913 »

Just finished this book and Sarah J Maas never ceases to amaze me! I absolutely loved it! I was so excited to recognize the Beauty and the Beast story line but with Sarah's twist to it. I was a little surprised at the sensuality of it, especially for it being a young adult book but I still enjoyed it. I could tell she was getting a little more mature with her writing in The Empire of Storms from the Throne of Glass series so I wasn't too surprised. I love that just a mere human was able to defeat the High Fae Queen when they all looked down on her so darkly. I can't wait to see where the next book goes!
thelittlelibrary
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thelittlelibrary.html
Latest Review: Oblivion Threshold by J.R. Mabry and B.J. West

Post by thelittlelibrary »

This was the first Sarah J. Maas book I have ever read which is different because a lot of people have read Throne of Glass. I speed through the first one and finished it in just over a day! I loved the second one even more - it was just perfect. I still need to read the third one which I am so excited for!!

I liked that it was a retelling of Beauty and the Beast but Feyre was a much more "hard-core" Belle!
brunettebiblio
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brunettebiblio.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by brunettebiblio »

I just read all three in the series and fell in LOVE. I can't wait for the bridge novel coming out, and the spinoff series!
Mannie913
Currently Reading: Sweep Volume 3
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mannie913.html
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Mannie913 »

I’m so excited for May!! ACOFAS is going to be awesome!
BriennaiJ
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briennaij.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by BriennaiJ »

I loved the ACOTAR series, and I have to read more books by Sarah J Maas! I haven't gotten into the Throne of Glass series yet.
Allie_L
Currently Reading: The Name of the Wind
Bookshelf Size: 25

Post by Allie_L »

Honestly I hated the first books of ACOTAR and had had no intention of reading the rest of the series, but luckily for me a good friend of mine did and told me I had to read A Court of Mist and Fury. After I did I was hooked. I think it was probably the contrast of Rhys and Tamlin that did it for me. Though I didn't realize it at the time I think my mind realized that Tamlin just wasn't the hero he was being made out to be and that he and Feyre weren't good together.
Haute_Coffee
Currently Reading: Pimp
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-haute-coffee.html
Latest Review: A Stone of Hope by Janet S. Kleinman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Haute_Coffee »

I keep hearing amazing things about this series. I think I’m going to give these a try after I’m done with The Red Queen.
Cristal2408
Favorite Book: Magic Shifts
Currently Reading: El honor perdido de Katharina Blum
Bookshelf Size: 463
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristal2408.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by Cristal2408 »

I really recommend it. It is really good. It is my favorite series right now together with the Throne of Glass series by the same author.
JHsu
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by JHsu »

My friend had been pestering me to read the series for the longest time, so I finally gave in. I am literally BLESSED that she wouldn't give up on me, because this is now my absolute favorite series. I don't say this lightly either, I've read my fair share of YA novels and this makes it to the top of my list. It just amazes me how Mass can come up with all these plot lines and zingers. I honestly wish so badly that there can be a crossover with the ACOTAR series and the Throne of Glass books.
sugardrop15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sugardrop15.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by sugardrop15 »

Alrighty it's now 2018 and I have read three of the four books from this series. So far, I have to say that it's an amazing story. I can't wait to read the 4th book.
The Reader Between You and Me Booklover18 :techie-studyinggray:
CatlynnHighlights
Currently Reading: Infinite Jest
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catlynnhighlights.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by CatlynnHighlights »

I loved this book. I flew through it in an hour, and it honestly was really engaging. I didn't know until this very moment that it was a Beauty and the Beast retelling, but now that I go back and think about it, it makes sense.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”