Review of Dragon Protocol

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Erin Dydek
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Shadowborn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 328
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erin-dydek.html
Latest Review: Northern Umbrage by Dennis Lorenz Ph.D.

Review of Dragon Protocol

Post by Erin Dydek »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Dragon Protocol" by Ali Archer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Wylie was destined to be a great leader of her people. Her only problem was being born into the wrong caste. As a lowly Shudra, her only hope to advance in society is to graduate into a higher caste—or become the bonded partner of the Dharma-class prince. The impossible dream comes true when Dì èr Finn chooses Wylie to bridge the divide and subdue the rebellion that threatens to cause upheaval among the classes. But the tentative truce is not meant to last.

When the space-traveling society discovers a new planet to colonize after thousands of years aboard Eden I, the hope of a new life begins to unravel quickly for Wylie and her people. On the planet's surface, a deadly pathogen spreads throughout the colony, and many begin to question what happened to the former inhabitants of the dwellings they claimed as their own. Exile and betrayal follow for Wylie, and it's up to Finn to determine the truth. Who's in control and making the controversial decisions for the colony? And will the discovery in the caverns near the village be the key to restoring order in this close-minded society or destroying it?

Join the adventure in Dragon Protocol by Ali Archer to find out! Readers will not be disappointed by the array of surprises this young adult space opera offers. I loved how the author developed the ongoing saga within the novel's four parts. In the beginning, the reader learns about the tensions among the weary space-traveling society and comes to love the fighting spirit found in Wylie, who shares her story through her first-person point of view. Part 2 whisks the reader off on a journey to colonize a fascinating new world and begins to reveal the motives of the hidden enemies. Part 3 involves following Wylie into the darkest portion of her saga, and I loved this section's world-building and character development. It was a joy to see Wylie gain confidence and learn about leadership as she made discoveries that would later help her regain her place in society. Finally, there was the part that every sci-fi reader looks forward to—the epic battle that changes everything forever! I appreciated the action and attention to detail as everything the author set up came together in an exciting, well-executed conclusion.

Nothing kept me from liking this well-written novel. With profoundly moving character relationships, heart-wrenching betrayal, and a sweet teenage romance, Dragon Protocol was a well-paced adventure that was hard to put down. Therefore, I gladly rate this novel four out of four stars. I noticed a few minor editing errors near the end, but they did not detract from my enjoyment of this well-edited book.

I'd recommend Dragon Protocol to science fiction readers who enjoy a blend of science and fantasy. Including androids, space travel, dragons, and societal struggles, this book should appeal to fans of Anne McCaffrey. There was no swearing or erotic content, and the battle scenes were mildly violent with minimal gore. I hope there is even more excitement to look forward to in the next book of this newly released series!

Dragon Protocol
View: on Bookshelves
Youngreader720-OluwabukunmiWilliamsOso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-youngreader720-oluwabukunmiwilliamsoso.html
Latest Review: Swoosh! Shooting the Perfect Shot by Wajeedah Bilal

Post by Youngreader720-OluwabukunmiWilliamsOso »

The book explores elements of science fiction and adventure, and it'll be interesting to follow Wylie's progression as she attempts to climb up the class ladder in the story. I just hope the book turns out to be as good for me.
FunkyFlowerLady
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-funkyflowerlady.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by FunkyFlowerLady »

You've perfectly captured the gist of the book in your review, it's amazing!
Sarah tianna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-tianna.html
Latest Review: Reverse Chronic Kidney Disease by Yaw A. Boateng

Post by Sarah tianna »

This story is really intriguing and captivating. I know it's difficult times being a young adult, this is the phase where your strength is tested. I look forward to reading this book. Nice review.
Mercy Sos Christopher
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-sos-christopher.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Mercy Sos Christopher »

This one is such a tease. The characters were explosive and so exciting, so strong and unique. The plot was a little winding at one point but it was worth the read. Thanks for the review 👍👍
R_becca
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by R_becca »

Being a young adult can be challenging; this is the time when your strength is put to the test. What a tease, this one. The personalities were powerful, thrilling, one-of-a-kind, and explosive. Although the plot had a few twists and turns, it was still interesting to read.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”