Who is your favorite YA author?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Monet_va
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monet-va.html
Latest Review: Cowboys Don't Fly by John Steed

Re: Who is your favorite YA author?

Post by Monet_va »

I love Leigh Bardugo! She's an amazing writer that really explores a different take on YA novels. Her books Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom are some of my favourites!
ashtonf
Currently Reading: The Young Elites
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by ashtonf »

Marie Lu is my favorite author. She wrote the Legend series and The Young Elites series. Both are amazing. She is an amazing author and I hope I can meet her someday.
RoxieReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roxiereads.html
Latest Review: Code Name Lily by Julien Ayotte

Post by RoxieReads »

fictionalthrone wrote: 13 Mar 2015, 22:53 Rainbow Rowell is a truly relatable and nice author, although I have to say I read volition and Lily Paradis is high on my list now too.
I agree, Rainbow Rowell is great! I am actually reading Fangirl currently and am excitedly anticipating the release of Wayward Son.
~Roxie~
RoxieReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roxiereads.html
Latest Review: Code Name Lily by Julien Ayotte

Post by RoxieReads »

This is an extremely difficult question! My favorite YA authors always change, so as of right now, I’d say that they are Leigh Bardugo, Neal Shusterman, Libba Bray, Marissa Meyer, and Marie Lu.
~Roxie~
dorebri2020
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorebri2020.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by dorebri2020 »

Sarah J. Maas or Cassandra Clare for sure. I love the magical worlds they created.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."- J.K. Rowling. :D
valegrissom
Currently Reading: The Paper Magician
Bookshelf Size: 481
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by valegrissom »

This is a hard question. I'd probably say Maggie Stiefvater, because she just has this wonderful way of stringing the English language together to make simple words into something beautiful. But Sarah J. Maas is a wonderful world builder and her series are some of my favorites. Honestly, I could probably write a paragraph of YA authors I love... :techie-studyingbrown:
HanSmith97
Currently Reading: A Gentleman in Moscow
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hansmith97.html
Latest Review: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy Book 1 by Claire Youmans

Post by HanSmith97 »

valegrissom wrote: 25 Jul 2019, 14:37 Honestly, I could probably write a paragraph of YA authors I love... :techie-studyingbrown:
I feel like I relate so much to that statement. There are so many amazing YA authors! But I do agree that Sarah J Maas is absolutely incredible. What a queen!
Sarziesarah
Currently Reading: Ghostly Manners
Bookshelf Size: 34

Post by Sarziesarah »

Oh dear! Favourite? Now this is really a hard one.first there's JK Rowling of the Harry Potter series, then there is CC Hunter of the born at midnight, then ...My God favourite? I think am just head over heels with young adult.
ogriffith14
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ogriffith14 »

I love Jenny Han. To all the boys I’ve loved before series is hyped up as a movie, the books are WAY better she’s such an amazing writer and i suggest her to anyone that likes coming of age stories
Julianna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julianna.html
Latest Review: The Land of Sunshine and Hell by Maxene Raices

Post by Julianna »

Suzanne Collins, Sarah J. Mass, and Victoria Avengard are my top favorite authors.
Julianna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julianna.html
Latest Review: The Land of Sunshine and Hell by Maxene Raices

Post by Julianna »

Suzanne Collins, Sarah J. Maas, and Victoria Aveyard are my favorite authors so far.
HarryPotterLibrary22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harrypotterlibrary22.html
Latest Review: Watchwords (black and white) by Philip Neal Gatter

Post by HarryPotterLibrary22 »

Julianna wrote: 17 Nov 2019, 18:50 Suzanne Collins, Sarah J. Maas, and Victoria Aveyard are my favorite authors so far.
Love Suzanne Collins & Sarah J Maas! I would also recommend Kass Morgan and Leigh Bardgou. I've never heard of Victoria Aveyard - what has she written?
sevencrows
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sevencrows.html
Latest Review: Daisy's Run by Scott Baron

Post by sevencrows »

Monet_va wrote: 07 Jul 2019, 10:55 I love Leigh Bardugo! She's an amazing writer that really explores a different take on YA novels. Her books Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom are some of my favourites!
Since Six of Crows, the quality of her writing hasn't dipped! I didn't like the Shadow and Bone trilogy very much, but Ninth House, King of Scars, Six of Crows? Masterpieces.
AsphyXia_14
Currently Reading: Seeress
Bookshelf Size: 204

Post by AsphyXia_14 »

For me, deciding on one favorite author is more difficult than deciding what career I want to pursue in life. There are so many wonderful authors who have made me endure many a sleepless nights with their gripping story telling skills, I can't just choose one.

One main reason is because, every single author has a different style of expressing himself or herself. Every author appeals to a different part of me when I am reading the story.

Taking the example of all the authors mentioned above, I have enjoyed reading every one of their books.

I read the entire LUX Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout on a two-day bus journey. The book is a blend of surprise, reality, fiction, plot twists and a riot of emotions.

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was the second ever series I read, after Harry potter and I loved every second of it. I have infact re-read it a couple of times. It is still one of my top favorites when it comes to the telling of the dystopian world.

The first vampire romance and series I read was Vampire Diaries of L. J. Smith. The books kept me captivated until the very end and is far far better a story compared to the TV- Series that was released based on the books later on.

The Gallagher Girls by Ally Carter appealed to the innocent yet fiery girl inside me. It is one of my favorites as I always wanted to be trained in a school founded for training spies when I was young. It is the tale of first love, second chances and giant secrets all put together.

The Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas comes on my top 5 favorite series. You can tell just by reading her books, the amount of thought, planning, attention to the subtlest details and emotion that has been put into it. It is a tremendous work of fiction with a dose of reality mixed into it. The conspiracy, the secrets, the bonding, the factions, the people, everyone and everything in the book called out to me. What I love most about the book is the author's splendid writing style.

Eleanor & Park, Carry On, and Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell are my favorites when it comes to her books. It calls out to every teenager out there, is completely relatable and a fun read.

The works of Katie McGarry are about true love and how anybody, inspite of any dire situation, despite being from two different worlds, can still manage to find it. Her book touches every romantic out there. I liked Take Me On the best out of all her works.

What I am trying to say is, choosing one favorite author for a book addict like me is impossible. I am sure many of you can relate. But, my most enjoyed YA authors are Nora Sakavic, Sarah J. Maas, Shannon Mayer, Kel Carpenter, Bella Forrest, Brandon Sanderson, Tahereh Mafi, Pittacus Lore and many many more. The list is endless. :)
Sydney Lee
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sydney-lee.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Sydney Lee »

Probably James Dashner. I really like his writing style and the plots of his books are great!

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”