Who is your favorite YA author?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
piercurzio
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Who is your favorite YA author?

Post by piercurzio »

waht book do you like best?

-- 10 Jan 2017, 03:47 --

ken follet
Youngish-Adult
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-youngish-adult.html

Post by Youngish-Adult »

My favorite YA author is, no contest, Sarah J Maas. A Court of Mist and Fury gave me the worst book hangover of my life! Both of her series are fantastic YA fantasy. Also, not sure if she is considered YA or New Adult, but I've read darn near everything that Colleen Hoover has written. Amazing contemporary romance author!
BookSavvy90
Currently Reading: Fangirl
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booksavvy90.html
Latest Review: "The Saltwater Ghost" by Shiela Jane

Post by BookSavvy90 »

Oh wow um..It's really hard for me to just pick one because I've read so many fantastic books written by different authors. John Green, Jennifer Armentrout, Markus Suzak, Cassandra Clare, Jandy Nelson, Sarah Dessen, Jodi Piccoult (does she count as YA?), Rick Riordan, Julia Hoban, Jay Asher, Scott Westerfield, Stephen Chbosky (seriously The Perks of Being a Wallflower was a life changer for me), etc.

Yeah I think I'll stop there 'cause by now I bet you get the point. Hehe.

:ugeek2:
Latest Review: "The Saltwater Ghost" by Shiela Jane
EmperorOfBooks
Currently Reading: the wicked will rise
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emperorofbooks.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by EmperorOfBooks »

Michelle Hodkinn, author of the Mara Dyer trilogy. It was full of intrigue, paranormal aspects, and badassery. I highly suggest that any fans of the YA Paranormal genre read this book because it is SO WORTH IT!!!
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
Taralovesbooks1
Currently Reading: Red Queen
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taralovesbooks1.html

Post by Taralovesbooks1 »

I really love the Ya series Legend By Marie Lu!You will imeditally be dragged into the story!
FearStreetZombie
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fearstreetzombie.html

Post by FearStreetZombie »

There is no way I could post a favorite. I mean... RL Stine will ALWAYS have a special place in my heart... but then there is my love for Emerald Barnes, Quinn Loftis, JK Rowling.... I think my list is never ending.
MarinaY
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the sorcer's stone
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by MarinaY »

My favorite is Rainbow Rowell, Carry On is her best book and a personal all time favorite.
michelb366
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 50380">The Protector Project</a>
Currently Reading: The Gifting
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelb366.html

Post by michelb366 »

My current favorite is Jenna Lincoln. Her first novel, The Protector Project, came out a few years ago, and I am impatiently awaiting the second installment. She develops strong female characters, but not at the expense of her male characters. I used the book as a class novel with my advanced 6th graders and they absolutely loved it! In fact, we were lucky enough to have the author Skype in for a chat about the book.
jwheeler28
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jwheeler28.html
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by jwheeler28 »

I really have a hard time choosing this one. Mine is probably really cliche. J.K. Rowling. I am a huge fan of the Harry Potter series. I have read each book at least twice, and watched the movies more times that I can count. The way she portrays each character is amazing. The action and adventure that she mixes in I couldn't even dream of doing. I will always love her books, and hope that she one day comes out with another series that is just as good.
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

My favorite YA novelist of all time is Meg Cabot and that's because the woman can't do any wrong! She writes adult novels, YA novels and middle grade novels. All her characters are fun and interesting. She is one of my writing idols.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Gingerbo0ks
Currently Reading: All the Crooked Saints
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gingerbo0ks.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Gingerbo0ks »

So many good names. I love YA and it can act as a gateway into enjoying other genres.
My favourite recently would have to be Cassandra Clare as she creates wonderful types of characters that the reader can actually care about, her most recent, Lady Midnight proved this for me as I went in thinking I wouldn't enjoy it as much as her previous series, The Mortal Instruments but I am already hooked.
I liked Sharon Creech when I was younger and tried to read all her stories, and Judy Blume too. Nowadays I will read anything by Maggie Stiefavter as she can do no wrong in my eyes. Her "Shiver" series is famous but for me her series The Raven Cycle is the best.
"One must always be careful of books, and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Ckennedy
Currently Reading: Divergent
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ckennedy.html
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer

Post by Ckennedy »

My favorite YA auther is hands down, Sarah Dessen. I anxiously await her next book!
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer
StefanieAH
Currently Reading: Midnight Kisses: An Erotic Friends-with-Benefits Sports Romance
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by StefanieAH »

John Green and Rainbow Rowell - amazing authors!
Nelliebean
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nelliebean »

For me, my favorite series and author is A Court of Thorns and Roses, by Sara J. Maas'. I am twiddling my thumbs, waiting patiently for the next book to come out in May.
Bri2000
Favorite Author: all authers
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bri2000.html
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Bri2000 »

Harsheen Kaur wrote:Omg! I cant chose any one author. As I read many books I repeatedly get asked the same question and everytime I have that little torment inside my head. Reply if any of you get the same feeling. :P
Yes! I get asked that by so many people that I end up saying I don't know. :lol2:
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”