Who is your favorite YA author?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
yodit
Bookshelf Size: 16

Re: Who is your favorite YA author?

Post by yodit »

My favorite YA author must be James Patterson. I just completed Patterson's "Confessions of a Murder Suspect" series and it was phenomenal. The descriptions of each of the characters, along with each characters flaws and weaknesses astounded me, for they connected with all parts of someones personality. What would happen if you realized that your greatest ability or strength wasn't natural? This series makes you think about these questions, and the way it plans out in the end leaves you amazed.
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

RidiculousMuffin wrote:My favorite author? :shock: I mean... that's like asking how many hairs I enjoy having on my head... I need them all! :D But I suppose if I had to pick it would be Holly Goldberg Sloan. I loved "Counting by 7's".
Oh my gosh, this comment intro is soo funny :icon-lol:

-- 16 Sep 2017, 03:20 --

Enid Blyton! I love all her books. Then I absolutely adore Ann M. Martin with the Babysitters Club series, Francine Pascal's Sweet Valley Twins, J. K Rowling's Harry Potter and Jessica McHugh's Darla Decker Series. Gosh, wait a minute. You asked for favorite author, didn't you? :shock2: :doh: Yeah, well, I have trouble choosing :?
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
Londera
Favorite Author: Lauren Oliver
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... elirium</a>
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 391
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-londera.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2442

Post by Londera »

Lauren Oliver, all day everyday. I have read the entire Delirium series, Panic and Before I Fall.
Kat Kennedy
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-kennedy.html
Latest Review: "All About Water" by Greg Chick, Marta Zarrella

Post by Kat Kennedy »

I have really fallen in love with the writings of John Green. I think he is one of the best I've ever read to get the voice of young adults right. I haven't read anything by him that I've not really loved and been impressed by his mastery.
Latest Review: "All About Water" by Greg Chick, Marta Zarrella
waffurlee
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by waffurlee »

I'd have to say my favorite YA author is Patrick Ness. Even though he is an adult, his books just encompass young adulthood SO WELL. And I feel like he's a teenager stuck in an adults body. I feel like he really cares about the same things as me, not just in political ways but like personality wise etc. (A close second would be Becky Albertalli cuz SIMONVS WAS WOWWW)
HillaryGutierrez
Currently Reading: The Fiery Cross
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hillarygutierrez.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Post by HillaryGutierrez »

My favorite is Richelle Mead. Vampire Academy and Bloodlines series' are what got me back into reading frequently after I had taken a step back a few years ago.
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
swirlofink
Currently Reading: 'Rosie, Bara, Gerry & Tom'
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by swirlofink »

I enjoy Marie Lu. I've read her Legend, The Young Elites, and Warcross trilogies. Granted Warcross only the first of the books is out. But she's so good. All of her books have such unique characters, plots, action, but also romance. It's the perfect mixture. I highly recommend her to anyone.
S_Mulla
Currently Reading: Tarnished
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-s-mulla.html
Latest Review: A Good Boy by Anthony Andre

Post by S_Mulla »

Currently, Kiera Cass, she wrote The Selection Series
Bigjohnc55]
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Bigjohnc55] »

My favorite Y.A. author, so far, is Roland Smith. The Lansa series ("Thunder Cave, Jaguar, Last Lobo") was tremendous, particularly captivating for young readers. His "Jack's Lie" might be one of the most suspenseful books I have read, leaving you wondering if he has ruined things for his whole family. Smith likes including science in his stories, being a former field biologist, so the reader might learn something. The action starts quickly in his books, to grab the reluctant reader, so be ready to run.
lelah_reads
Currently Reading: Dorothy Must Die
Bookshelf Size: 40

Post by lelah_reads »

I love Sarah J Maas. Her characters are so well developed and I would happily name her Queen of YA Fantasy. Tahereh Mafi also holds a special place in my heart for her beautifully written Shatter Me series.
kfwilson6
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

Sarah J. Maas is my favorite YA author and has been for the past couple of years since I first picked up Throne of Glass. Both the Throne of Glass series and A Court of Thorns and Roses are excellent and almost impossible to put down. Please note: neither series is complete although Throne of Glass will conclude in October so this year would be a good year to pick up that series if you haven't already. If you are like me and you read a lot of books rather quickly, it's hard to remember the details from things you've previously read. I don't like getting into a series until the author has completed it. Plus, there is no wait time when they leave you on a cliff hanger :)
Hana786

Post by Hana786 »

My favourite ya author is Jennifer Niven as her books are so heart warming and keep you constantly gripped throughout
wise_girl

Post by wise_girl »

I enjoy Alwyn Hamilton, her series (Rebel of the Sands) has been completed only recently so the whole thing feels very current and new. It’s narrated by a very headstrong, powerful young girl, the plot is very adventurous and active and the small subplots (romance being the most prominent) are very well intertwined and fitted to the main storyline.
Saber14
Currently Reading:

Post by Saber14 »

My favorite young adult author is Cassandra Clare. I love every single book she has written!:)
GabbiV
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces you have to read before you die, vol 2
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabbiv.html
Latest Review: Of Illusions and Ink Spills by Divya Hirani
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by GabbiV »

I'm a long time fan of Rick Riordan since the Percy Jackson series and I kept up with the Olympians. I love how before this much-needed surge in media to have more diversity, Riordan already had one of the most diverse sets of characters that I remember reading about. One of these days I know I have to read the Egyptian and Norse series as well. I know I won't be disappointed.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”