Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
_dsimba
Bookshelf Size: 0

Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins

Post by _dsimba »

At first I hadn't expected this book to turn out how it had but it had a nice story and the ending made me long for more. I'd most definitely recommend this books to middle/highschoolers.
Mares Nest
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading: The Pearl that Broke Its Shell
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mares-nest.html
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Mares Nest »

This book is a rare piece. It's a perfect, perfect, PER-FECT light read. I mean, the protagonist, she's smart and funny and sarcastic and has this badass attitude towards everything. The plot isn't brilliant or out of the world or anything, but it's good enough. Archer is yummy. All in all, this book is a fun ride that teenagers should definitely try.
Buddyisabunny

Post by Buddyisabunny »

agreed I was happy with the series
Cassie Williams

Post by Cassie Williams »

Hex Hall was cute and I highly enjoyed it, but it seemed kind of lacking. I agree that it was a really great read if you're looking for something easy and light, but really I didn't find anything too memorable about the characters. Archer left a lot to the dust and the main female lead (who I can't even recall the name of) just seemed fairly dry. I like it, don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed it. It's lighthearted, but it never got too real.
Ellie Gatillo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 74609">The Devil and Miss Prym</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1034
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellieonline03.html
Latest Review: Quest for Closure by David B. McKinney
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Ellie Gatillo »

This was back in 2013, I found the book accidentally while I was looking for a good book to read. Thank goodness I found it because it was a gem. It's a page-turner and there was plenty of humor. I read the rest of the series (Demonglass & Spell Bound) right after I finished the first book because I was so into it.
"For you, a thousand times over." - The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
Vscholz
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Bookshelf Size: 816
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vscholz.html
Latest Review: Primrose’s Curse by Kiara Shankar, Vinay Shankar
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Vscholz »

I'm quite glad that I kept going through the forums... I have seen this book several times but never looked into it beyond the blurb on the back. These comments make me want to read it! I prefer easy reads and this one sounds right up my alley. :)
As for you & your heart & the things you said & didn't say, she will remember them all when men are fairy tales in books written by rabbits. (Schmendrick the Magician)

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”