Review of Quest of the Staff and the Sword II

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
nwankwo chibuchi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwankwo-chibuchi.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Review of Quest of the Staff and the Sword II

Post by nwankwo chibuchi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Quest of the Staff and the Sword II" by T. K. Kohl.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Quest of the Staff and the Sword II by T. K. Kohl centres on John, also known as “the hooded man", who is in constant battle with Luke, a man who is set to end human civilisation. Being in control of the media, Luke convinces the world that they are in danger from the hooded man, but only the victims of Luke know how false this information is. With just one goal of ending the hooded man in mind, Luke travels above and beyond to arrive at the hooded man's territory. Now faced together, both will have to battle, and only one will prevail. Will John end the evil reign of Luke and his cohorts, or will Luke manage to take out the hooded man forever?

I love how detailed the author was in explaining some of the reactions of characters in this book to the actions or events that happened. Initially, it was quite hard to grasp the reason Luke and his cohorts kill so many humans and eat hearts, but with how detailed the author was, one could easily find out why. I took a liking to three major characters in this book. First was Nikki; despite all she had gone through at a very young age, her lively spirit never departed from her. She had so much hope and faith in the hooded man, and this paid off well for her. Then we have Elizabeth, a young woman constantly rejected by the one she loves but still never gives up on him. The zeal and faith she placed in her love is a trait worth admiring and emulating. Lastly, John, I have never seen a leader who loves his people so much that he is willing to sacrifice a lot for them. John sure did exceed my expectations on how a noble man and good leader should be.

I also loved the diction of the author in this book. It allowed for smooth and understandable reading. I love that I was able to pick a valuable lesson from this book. On different occasions in this book, it was said that we should look at things from our heart as sometimes what we see with our eyes or hear with our ears is not what it seems. I think that these words can be applied to some of the events that occur in our everyday life as humans. I would lastly laud the editors of this book as I found no errors in it. It was exceptionally well edited.

I didn't find anything to dislike about the book. It was a great read, even though some parts were a little too gruesome, but that wouldn't remove anything from how phenomenal the book was.

I rate Quest of the Staff and the Sword II by T. K. Kohl 4 out of 4 stars. The book is error-free, and I enjoyed reading it.

I recommend this book to readers who are interested in suspenseful, action-packed, and adventurous stories.

Quest of the Staff and the Sword II
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
abstactlemon
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-onwuanaku.html
Latest Review: Mindsponge Theory by Quan-Hoang Vuong

Post by abstactlemon »

I love the title, so descriptive. Well developed characters are always a heavy positive when I'm picking a book to read, glad to see that they're here. Thanks for the review.
it is what it is ....
Summer Henrietta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-summer-henrietta.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Summer Henrietta »

This book is well detailed and and entertaining. And I think the theme of love is dominant in the book.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”