Review of Artima's Travels - Part II

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Silvio Omutsiambo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvo.html
Latest Review: Beyond Abuse by Martha DuSage

Review of Artima's Travels - Part II

Post by Silvio Omutsiambo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Artima's Travels - Part II" by E A Dustin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Artima's Travels - Part II, by E. A. Dustin, is a historical science fiction book about a character named Albert's family lineage. Albert was a Nazi scientist during WWII and passed some strange traits to his offspring through his genes.

Through what is believed not to be a coincidence, Ella found his father on the obituary list in a newspaper. Her mother, Arty, had kept Ella's father a secret from her daughter, and Ella didn't want to disturb her, so she attended the funeral secretly. She realized during the funeral that she had a stepbrother, Colton, whom they later met and introduced to each other. The relationship between the two became strong, and Ella started requesting more about her father's family side. After Colton took her through his father and grandfather's journals, Ella was introduced to a new world of mysteries she never expected. She was utterly surprised by the concealed secrets about her father's family and understood why her mother always kept that information from her. Furthermore, her uncle plans to use her for his doubtable psychic intentions.

I enjoyed the revisiting of WWII history explained in this book. The historical events were described creatively, depicting the mysteries and superpowers of the participants, thus making the story more attractive. In addition, the book had an excellent plot. The ever-flowing story attracted all my attention, and I fell in love with the author's imagination. Also, themes like war, technology, romance, and many others suited the story and added flesh to it.

Moreover, I enjoyed the author's narration style. He frequently used flashbacks, which described the reasons for present events in his book, giving more insights into the story. Every chapter left me with a thirst for many unanswered questions, and as I longed for answers in the preceding chapters, the book got more interesting. The scene I loved the most was when Ella and Colton accidentally locked themselves in their uncle's room and started going through his things while waiting for someone to help them unlock the door. In the process, they discovered a lot of secrets that their uncle was hiding and forgot they were trapped in a room until they were found abruptly.

There was nothing I disliked about this excellent book, nor did I encounter any errors. Therefore, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to people who like historical fiction stories. They will enjoy the WWII and Nazi flashbacks just as I did.

Artima's Travels - Part II
View: on Bookshelves
abstactlemon
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-onwuanaku.html
Latest Review: Mindsponge Theory by Quan-Hoang Vuong

Post by abstactlemon »

I've read a lot of stories that talk about the Vietnam War, but surprisingly not enough about WWII. I think this might be a breath of fresh air for me. Fantastic review.
it is what it is ....

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”