Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sapphire1258
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sapphire1258.html

Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick

Post by Sapphire1258 »

I just finished reading Black ice by Becca Fitzpatrick, and I would probably rate this book 3.5 stars our of 5 stars. While i did enjoy this book to some point there were a lot of things that bothered me. First off the main character was not one of my favorite, and since it was told from her point of view it made me want to throw my book at the wall sometimes. And in general all of the character weren't so easy to fall in love with, they all seemed crazy or annoying. The reason I continued to read this book is because of the love interest.
SOO heres the main plot:
A girl named Britt and her best friend Korbie decide to go on a hiking trip during the spring break of their senior year, Korbie's family is pretty wealthy and whole a house up on the mountains and that's where Britt and Korbie decide to go. Korbie has an older brother who has to go with them on this trip because he knows the out doors more than anyone and they need a chaperon. On the way up to there house Britt and Korbie gets stranded in the middle of nowhere after driving through a snow storm, so they leave the car behind and look for shelter. When they find a cabin there are two young men in their twenties, and they take Britt and Korbie hostage.
hvotruba1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hvotruba1.html

Post by hvotruba1 »

I read this one too, because I loved the HushHush series. I couldn't wait to read this, but in the end I was like "eh." It's not a bad book, by far. But the HushHush series blew this one out of the water and probably my expectations were too high.
fashionbythebook
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fashionbythebook.html

Post by fashionbythebook »

I really disliked this book. I got it to review, and I hated it.

(Am I allowed/suppose to post the review here? I'm very new to the site, and trying to get my level up)
Anyways, the characters were the worse!
Sapphire1258
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sapphire1258.html

Post by Sapphire1258 »

Yes you post what you think about the book without spoilers, and I know I really disliked the characters.
Book Worm 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-worm-5.html

Post by Book Worm 5 »

I ordered it from amazon and it is coming it today! can't wait to read it :D
dulciescott
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dulciescott.html

Post by dulciescott »

I absolutely loved this book! I was excited all the way through it, and I really liked the characters. I would definitely recommend it!
ananya92
Favorite Author: Jeffrey Archer
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ananya92.html
Latest Review: A Passover in Peshawar by AM Sardar
fav_author_id: 4949

Post by ananya92 »

I had read the book some time back and found that it was quite and average book and there was nothing great or out of the way about the storyline.
VinuW
Favorite Author: Richelle Mead
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vinuw.html
Latest Review: "The Prodigal Daughter" by Patricia Nmukoso Enyi
fav_author_id: 782

Post by VinuW »

I loved it! I gave it a try since Becca Fitzpatrick is my favorite author, and she didn't disappoint me. The book was gripping, and I finished it in one sitting. :D The ending was good, not great.
“He who jumps may fall, but he may also fly. It’s time to jump.” Lauren Oliver, Requiem
Latest Review: "The Prodigal Daughter" by Patricia Nmukoso Enyi
Miria_Alcoser

Post by Miria_Alcoser »

I've put this book in my reading list because of Becca Fitzpatrick's book Hush hush. I haven't read this book and I hope it is a good read.
Mikayla
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mikayla.html

Post by Mikayla »

I honestly only bought this because it was in a group of buy 2 get 3rd free and i didn't know what other book to get, BUT i am so glad i did pick it up because it was so so good. You really feel the desperation of these friends as they try to find a place to get warm when they become stranded and when they finally find it they become hostages. You feel the terror, the hopelessness, and then finally a tiny ray of hope as one of the men who took them hostage turns out to be not so bad after all.The romance that develops later on is just the right amount of steamy and forbidden that you just can't not read it all day. Amazing book! I hope there's more
Queenemmalee

Post by Queenemmalee »

I loved this book. It was out of my normal genre and am now looking for similar story lines or plots to try any suggestions?
sugardrop15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sugardrop15.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by sugardrop15 »

I really liked this book, the characters were a little predicable but the story line itself kept me reading and I wanted to read more.
Samanthabruce
Currently Reading: The Last Valentine
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Samanthabruce »

I loved this book. I recommend this to everyone I know. The story line is great and super different from a lot of books I've read. I also love the author, she has an amazing way with words.
CrazyNinja
Currently Reading:

Post by CrazyNinja »

This book is definitely 5 stars from me. I loved this book. It was new and different. Very suspenseful, with a daring heroine as the main character. Lovely romance, and good paced. It's one of my new favorite books!
Namaste23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-namaste23.html
Latest Review: Did you know by Ashok Bhaskaran

Post by Namaste23 »

It sound like an interesting storyline, but maybe not worth my time after reading this!

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”