Katniss Everdeen or Tris Prior

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dinneen+1998
Currently Reading: Gone Girl
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dinneen-1998.html

Re: Katniss Everdeen or Tris Prior

Post by Dinneen+1998 »

I'd probably choose Katniss because I really got into her character.
zero_macabre
Currently Reading: The Snowman
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zero-macabre.html
Latest Review: "No Simple Miracle" by Meggan Haller

Post by zero_macabre »

I love both the Divergent series and The Hunger Games series and I really can't pick between Tris and Katniss! I feel that both of them have their own personalities. Like many have said, Katniss really plans out everything and makes careful decisions, but Tris is headstrong and tough and dares to take risks, which is why I really can't pick! :shock:
Latest Review: "No Simple Miracle" by Meggan Haller
Lauren M
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lauren-m.html
Latest Review: "Everything I Need to Know About Love I Learned From Pop Songs" by Laura Roberts

Post by Lauren M »

Katniss, because she made me feel her pain. I could never really emotionally connect with Tris.
Latest Review: "Everything I Need to Know About Love I Learned From Pop Songs" by Laura Roberts
Kitekat
Currently Reading: Promise
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitekat.html
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited

Post by Kitekat »

I honestly love both series immensely and choosing one protagonist as a favourite is difficult. In the end, I would have to go with Katniss. The reason for it is Peta. He made her so much more human and easy to relate to. Especially when the author shows us how deeply connected the pair is.
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
Wasif Ahmed
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading: The Face of Fear
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wasif-ahmed.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00THRCA6E
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Wasif Ahmed »

Tris is a bit reckless while Katniss kind of analysed things before taking a decision. Tris recklessness is what made the book exciting so...yeah...its definitely Tris from my side. :D
When people say you've changed, it just means that you have stopped living your life, their way.
coffee_and_books
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-coffee-and-books.html

Post by coffee_and_books »

It's a pretty close race but for me I think Katniss wins. Her emotional turmoil over Peeta really made her seem like a real person.
Lustrious-Librarian
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lustrious-librarian.html

Post by Lustrious-Librarian »

I'd have to go with Katniss Everdeen, both are loyal characters but Katniss has a tiny edge.
2kasmom
Currently Reading: Down And Dirty
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-2kasmom.html
Latest Review: Are Your Kids Naked Online? by Chris Good and Lisa Good
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by 2kasmom »

I think they are both pretty great in their own ways. I have a special preference for Tris, since the love of Divergent is kind of crazy at our house. The movies also made me feel like this was enhanced. It is not to say Katniss isn't still an incredibly brave and complex character. I love her too. I just honestly could spend more than an hour discussing Tris and her family, and the reasons why or why not about the factions.
artisrazel
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-artisrazel.html

Post by artisrazel »

I honestly prefer Katniss Everdeen. She portrays the broken, marked personality of a heroine, the way that doing something heroic has its deadly costs.
DarthMom25
Currently Reading: Deadly Design
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darthmom25.html
2024 Reading Goal: 364
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by DarthMom25 »

I think I'd have to go with Tris! I loved witnessing her transformation, and I think I just could relate to her a little more. I love Katniss, but her inability to choose between Gale and Peeta annoyed me so bad.
2kasmom
Currently Reading: Down And Dirty
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-2kasmom.html
Latest Review: Are Your Kids Naked Online? by Chris Good and Lisa Good

Post by 2kasmom »

I agree. Kastniss almost becomes weaker toward the end. I was pretty annoyed also. Glad to heasheasr all these opinions and know so many are reading these great series.
mommyreadsbooks
Currently Reading: Unspeakable Acts
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mommyreadsbooks.html
Latest Review: "Once A God" by Victor A. Wilkie
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by mommyreadsbooks »

I would have to hands down choose Katniss. I liked Tris, but Katniss was just more likeable to me.
Latest Review: "Once A God" by Victor A. Wilkie
Mannie913
Currently Reading: Sweep Volume 3
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mannie913.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Mannie913 »

I love each of them for different things. I love Katniss for her courage. When she volunteered to be tribute in place of her sister it really hit home. I like to think I would have done the same thing for my sister but I can't say that I would be that brave to. I also like how she doesn't let President Snow get to her. She knows he's evil and needs to get around him. She is brilliant for the little things she does. I don't entirely like the way she used Peeta. I feel like in the end she was never truly in love with him. I don't like how cold she is.

Tris Prior I love because she chose to be different. She didn't stay in her faction just to please her parents. She followed her gut and was brave when facing all the enemies. She wasn't exactly a warm character that you immediately love. I love her relationship with Four. There relationship is more sincere.

In the end, I don't really have one I can say I definitively like more. As for the series, I prefer the Hunger Games over the Divergent Series. I just couldn't really get into the 3rd book.
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
kileiah
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kileiah.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by kileiah »

Lauren M wrote:Katniss, because she made me feel her pain. I could never really emotionally connect with Tris.
That's how I felt reading the books too. They're both great protagonists, but to me Katniss was far more realistic in her emotional journey.
Emmerz8021
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmerz8021.html

Post by Emmerz8021 »

I definitely identify more closely with Tris than with Katniss. I appreciate Katniss's bravery and all, but her choice of man is clearly misguided. Tris, to me, seemed much more comfortable in her own skin as Dauntless. She seemed much more confident and didn't care about her appearance as much as Katniss did. The ending of the Divergent series treated Tris more fairly than The Hunger Games did to Katniss. I know you're thinking I'm crazy for saying that, but as Albus Dumbledore once said, "The true master does not seek to run away from Death. He accepts that he must die, and understands that there are far, far worse things in the living world than dying." I believe that Katniss settling down with Peeta and learning to love him while never speaking to Gale again was a much more painful life than Tris's was.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”