Katniss Everdeen or Tris Prior

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
perlaa
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 2

Re: Katniss Everdeen or Tris Prior

Post by perlaa »

I think I'd have to go with Tris even though my first choice was kinda katniss :lol: I think I relate more to Tris, she's reckless and she dives in to her problems which is totally me. She's compassionate about whats right and she does it without thinking, which is probablly the reason why she's divergent. She's the most human person I know.
III_Jasmine_III
Bookshelf Size: 87

Post by III_Jasmine_III »

Team Katniss!
~ J ~
shish_by_design
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 66">Strong Heart</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shish-by-design.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by shish_by_design »

I really love them both so much but I'd have to go with katniss. I think that her struggles were much more difficult compared to those of tris and while they both had to make hard decisions, Katniss was more considerate of the consequences and how it would affect those around her.Meanwhile, tris was a tad reckless in her decision making
Stephanie114
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... vergent</a>
Currently Reading: The House on Mango Street
Bookshelf Size: 47

Post by Stephanie114 »

I LOVE THEM BOTH BUT I ONLY PREFER TRIS PRIOR BECAUSE I LOVE THE DIVERGENT SERIES MORE THAN THE HUNGER GAMES SERIES. The Divergent Series is my life and I love the dinamic, characters, plots, and love story more than I love The Hunger Games.
Mdoucet1086
Currently Reading: Wonder Woman
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mdoucet1086.html
Latest Review: "The Ultimate Guide to Zombies" by Dave Robertson

Post by Mdoucet1086 »

Katniss, I like her so much more.
Latest Review: "The Ultimate Guide to Zombies" by Dave Robertson
Londera
Favorite Author: Lauren Oliver
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... elirium</a>
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 391
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-londera.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2442

Post by Londera »

Tris makes some really stupid choices that basically ruined the series for me. Katniss was more well-rounded and the story was much better than Divergent.
Gingerbo0ks
Currently Reading: All the Crooked Saints
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gingerbo0ks.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Gingerbo0ks »

You see I want to say Katniss as it just makes more sense. But I can never forget about Tris. Tris seemed more realistic and relatable right until the last book. Whereas Katniss seemed invincible until the last book. I cannot pick.

My cat is named Katniss ;) ;) ;)
"One must always be careful of books, and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Kat Berg
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading: James Baldwin
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-berg.html
Latest Review: Why Am I Here by Melvin Bell

Post by Kat Berg »

Londera wrote:Tris makes some really stupid choices that basically ruined the series for me. Katniss was more well-rounded and the story was much better than Divergent.
And she was also so very tiring. She whined almost non-stop. It was very hard for me to like Tris beyond the first book. For me also, her really bad choices ruined the series.
Baby_Cupcake
Currently Reading: End of the Last Great Kingdom
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Baby_Cupcake »

I will go with Katniss, she's a true definition of a warrior and her remarkable battlefield skills are just amazing. Katniss is a figure of hope to those in dark places in short she's a light in darkness
Lildivadesi
Currently Reading: The Seven Deadly Sins of Psychology
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lildivadesi.html
Latest Review: "Sigfried&rsquo;s Smelly Socks!" by Len Foley

Post by Lildivadesi »

I love both series and characters! However I feel more relatable to tris, as she is unsure of where she belongs and is struggling to figure that out while doing the right thing. They both have their high and low points both in the way they act, things they say, their thoughts and feelings, but I just seem to prefer tris more than katniss
Latest Review: "Sigfried&rsquo;s Smelly Socks!" by Len Foley
Mary Garrison
Currently Reading: The Hiding Place
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-garrison.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Mary Garrison »

I never actually read The Hunger Games, but I read Divergent a lot. I would have to say Tris because I just loved that she was the underdog who pretty much became the hero. I have watched both movies so I know of Katniss, but I think I got to know more about Tris by actually reading her thoughts.
afton_moye
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-afton-moye.html
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann

Post by afton_moye »

I would have to choose Tris Prior. I related to her more because she had to find her confidence and prove herself worthy of Dauntless and as a divergent. I feel Katniss didn't struggle with her confidence in the same way, because almost from the start she was seen as the best at almost everything.

I also relate to Tris more because she never fit into any of the four factions and feared being an outcast. When she chose Dauntless I felt like I would have done the same because it was the faction that allowed the most self expression, in my opinion.

Team Tris!
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann
Epuise
Currently Reading: Evermore (Immortals #1)
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-epuise.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Epuise »

Tris Is hands down way better than Katniss. I loved her whole story, from beginning to end, even if i wish it had ended differently (the feels hit hard). Katniss was easy to relate with but hard to love. Her character wasn't one.. I got attached to but she was one i could understand. Plus feeling for Four who loses her made her top over all.
Mary Garrison
Currently Reading: The Hiding Place
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-garrison.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Mary Garrison »

Epuise wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 12:19 Tris Is hands down way better than Katniss. I loved her whole story, from beginning to end, even if i wish it had ended differently (the feels hit hard). Katniss was easy to relate with but hard to love. Her character wasn't one.. I got attached to but she was one i could understand. Plus feeling for Four who loses her made her top over all.
I totally agree, and her willingness to make sacrifices for the greater purpose made me proud of her. Even after she started to value her life.
Kathryn Price
Currently Reading: The Fifth Season
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kathryn-price.html
Latest Review: The Doughnut Boy by Michael R. Dennis

Post by Kathryn Price »

Definitely Katniss. I think it's the writing style that Suzanne Collins uses, that connected me to the character. In her books, you basically become Katniss, think what she thinks, know what she knows, feel what she feels. I read Divergent after Hunger Games, and Tris never really connected for me as much.
“If you believe only in facts and forget stories, your brain will live, but your heart will die” ― Cassandra Clare, Lord of Shadows

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”