Hush Hush series

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
caelishbarham
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caelishbarham.html

Hush Hush

Post by caelishbarham »

I lOVED the series Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick I thought it was a wonderful book and a fast read. To be honest there wasnt much substance to the book, but that is the part that made it great!
ParadiseLost19
Favorite Author: John Green
Favorite Book: Shamanka by Jeanne Willis
Currently Reading: Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovitch
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paradiselost19.html
Latest Review: "Infidelity- Exploding the Myths" by Julia Hartley Moore
fav_author_id: 2072

Post by ParadiseLost19 »

I tried reading Hush Hush, but I couldn't get into it. It was like a weird hybrid of Fallen (great book) and Twilight (too awful for words). It was a strange mix I didn't really like.
Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.” ~ John Green
Latest Review: "Infidelity- Exploding the Myths" by Julia Hartley Moore
Jenniferpotucek
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenniferpotucek.html

Post by Jenniferpotucek »

Personally, I love these books. They were a little hard to get into in the beginning, but I'm glad I stuck with them because I ended up really enjoying the series!
Nusrat_Sultana
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nusrat-sultana.html

Post by Nusrat_Sultana »

I read the first book and I really liked Patch, though Nora sounded similar to most heroines of YA so she didn't really stand out to me. I couldn't really invest myself into the characters so I let go of the series.
KatsReviews
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katsreviews.html

Post by KatsReviews »

I wasn't really able to get into this book. I started it but it didn't get my attention. Hopefully this year I can try it again. Hopefully it picks up in the later half of the book. One of my friends suggested it and I am hoping it isn't going to be one of those generic love story books.
azeason25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azeason25.html

Post by azeason25 »

I loved Hush Hush. I liked Nora well enough. I felt like she was a pretty strong female character and Patch was dark and mysterious. I felt like some of the secondary characters were a bit annoying. I didn't care much for the rest of the series, but I felt like the first book was the best.
nowanico2403
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nowanico2403.html

Post by nowanico2403 »

i accidentally the second book first. i was given it for Christmas and just had to read it. so now going back to the beginning is really interesting and making me remember why i was so excited to read them in the first place
Ammonia
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... d=25016">I heart Vegas</a>
Currently Reading: Paws and Jaws
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ammonia.html

Post by Ammonia »

I read the first one several years ago and I remember liking it. However, I never brought myself to reading the rest of the books. I don't know if it was the whole angel theme, the short story or the fact that there are many similarities with other YA plots, but I didn't bother going to the store and buying the rest of the series. : (
britt1125
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britt1125.html
Latest Review: "I am Ella. Buy me." by Joan Ellis

Post by britt1125 »

I haven't read this book or anything by Becca Fitzpatrick at all actually but I have come across this book twice today and I'm going to read it. It sounds rather interesting to me.
Latest Review: "I am Ella. Buy me." by Joan Ellis
Ashley07
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley07.html
Latest Review: "The Lost Tribe" by Peter Ivey

Post by Ashley07 »

I enjoyed Hush Hush, tho like you said it didn't have much depth. Quick easy read but nothing pulled me to read any others in the series. The end just really bothered me, like all the problems they over came were for nothing and he flaked her off no problem.
Latest Review: "The Lost Tribe" by Peter Ivey
clarigala21

Post by clarigala21 »

I love the hush hush series.
NicoleMiller690
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by NicoleMiller690 »

I love Hush Hush. I started reading it when I finished up with the Twilight Series and fell in love with the two main characters. Nora and Vee have the friendship I have with my best friend which hooked me quickly. Patch is the guy very girl falls for; dark, handsome, and has something you are itching to find out. I would suggest it to anyone who likes the dark romances or the Twilight Series.
Caz1+
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caz1.html

Post by Caz1+ »

I read them, enjoyed them at the time although they are not that memorable.
Alice_Koko
Favorite Book: Animal Farm
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-koko.html

Post by Alice_Koko »

Quick and easy read for anyone who enjoys paranormal creatures. Love, mystery, action, confusion and questions to be answered along the way to understand why life is not what I knew to be.
BeccaCaley
Favorite Author: To many
Favorite Book: I could not honestly say
Currently Reading: The Evolution of Mara Dyer

Post by BeccaCaley »

I liked the first Hush Hush book but then felt it went downhill after that Crescendo was my least favourite in the series, Silence wasn't too bad but then I HATED how Finale ended - it just didn't end how I wanted it to. I also felt even though the books were about Nora her personality never shone through very much, I love Vee though! I think if I read these books again I would probably change my mind and maybe feel different about them but its been so long - The last time I read them was in 2012 when Finale came out! :)

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”