Anne Frank's "Diary of a Young Girl"

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
victoriac4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoriac4.html
Latest Review: Perfection and Other Illusive Things by J Mercer

Re: Anne Frank's "Diary of a Young Girl"

Post by victoriac4 »

I read this book in high school and I would read it a million times more. It is such a heartbreaking story but it gives us an unfiltered look into what it was like to go through the events of the Holocaust. It was an absolutely horrible part of history, but definitely something that should not be forgotten. Anne's story is one that will stay with me forever.
Sithmi
Currently Reading: Honest Endings
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sithmi.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Sithmi »

It is a very interesting as well as a touching story. It also, brings out many historical facts.
Jennifer Garcia 555
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-garcia-555.html
Latest Review: Somebody’s Watching You by Robin D'Amato

Post by Jennifer Garcia 555 »

I doubt anyone could read this book and not get emotional. This is a true glimpse into the suffering these people went through. It makes the history lessons you learned in school more personal. The hope that this girl clings to is inspiring.
“Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” — L. M. Montgomery
Arpita Choudhari
Currently Reading: 11 Before 12
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Arpita Choudhari »

I'd read this book in this quarantine , I literally gave my goosebumps. I had imagined myself as her and it was terrible being quarantined is better than staying in a room with no gaurantee to live. She has portrayed the early life jews in Germany and of other minorities too. Her dairy tells about the terrible and atrocious act of nazis during that period of time. Her dairy has shown how dreadful the minorities and jews used to live in nazi period.
Hiru1998+
Currently Reading: The Hate U Give
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hiru1998.html
Latest Review: Like My Mother Before Me by Naley Gonzalez

Post by Hiru1998+ »

hpsecrets99 wrote: 25 Sep 2014, 18:16 This book was the first that I've read that really made me cry. It was so heart-breaking to read her hopeful words and see that she really believed that she was going to live, and then to read the epilogue and read about what happened to her.
I can't bear the fact that if she was safe for one week's time, she would have survived. It is so heartbreaking.
Rachel996
Currently Reading: The Biblical Clock
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Rachel996 »

I read this book back I'm 9th grade and it was really interesting to read about the situations that were going around her and at the same time it was really sad that she had to go through it all and see all the suffering at such a young age. I really loved this book it really taught alot on how to look at life irrespective of the situations we're facing.
Julia Jackson 2
Currently Reading: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
Bookshelf Size: 29

Post by Julia Jackson 2 »

This book was part of my high school reading list and we read it as a class one year. This book sent me on a spiral of reading books based on true stories/events/lives. It was also the very first book to break me down emotionally and mentally. I love that we have the chance to read a first-person encounter of what it was like to be Jewish during the genocide of WWII.
rosabella011
Currently Reading: A Wolf Called Wander
Bookshelf Size: 37

Post by rosabella011 »

When I was in school, this was a required read. I don't think I understood the severity of it the first time but later when I went back to read it, I did. It was a very saddening, touching story. It definitely gives the reader a glimpse of what it was like having to live during that time. It's truly sad what she went through.
ccarmink25
Currently Reading: One and For All
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ccarmink25.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by ccarmink25 »

I read this as a school assignment and from there, i just knew I had to own a copy. It clutched at my heart and made me interested in learning even more about the Holocaust. Super recommended to all
Kiran Kanwar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kiran-kanwar.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Kiran Kanwar »

I read this book as part of my school assignment. It was a very interesting and at the same time heart-wrenching story. I wished throughout the book that please God don't let Anne die.
Amanda Dobson
Currently Reading: The King's Trial
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-dobson.html
Latest Review: The Quest For The Phoenix Crown by Xander T. Petersen
Reading Device: Apple

Post by Amanda Dobson »

This book is one of the first books that I read that truly brought how horrific people were treated during WW2. This is such a heart breaking book to know that at the end such a beautiful soul was taken from this earth because of their faith. From this book I have also made a point that when magazines bring out anniversary editions about Anne Frank I buy them so that she is never forgotten. I have loan my copy of this book out to many people knowing that they will have the same heart wrenching reaction I did.
Kathija Hudha
Currently Reading: The Winner Stands Alone
Bookshelf Size: 105

Post by Kathija Hudha »

This book was the first autobiography that I read. It was an eye-opener to the struggles faced by the Jews during Nazi rule. The questions by Anne Frank "What is the use of war? Why can't people live peacefully together? Why all this destruction? Why some people have to starve while there are surpluses rotting in other parts of the world?"
These questions are appropriate for the present events of the world and a harsh reminder that even though the world has advanced so much on the technological level, it remains the same on the humanity level as it did during the holocaust.
Amanda Dobson
Currently Reading: The King's Trial
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-dobson.html
Latest Review: The Quest For The Phoenix Crown by Xander T. Petersen
Reading Device: Apple

Post by Amanda Dobson »

I remember reading this book in high school and it was then that I really realized how horrible a time it was then. Then when I started working in daycare the school I was at had a WW2 media travelling bus stop there for all the students to come in and learn about the Holocaust. I was also able to see that and Anne Frank was a part of the presentation. It was then that I realized that many children today don’t really realize the horrors that happened and that we need to take steps so that it isn’t forgotten. I keep copies of the book and any magazines that are featuring Anne Frank so that the children in my school age program are able to learn and remember.
IFRA BURHAN
Favorite Book: The Silent Patient
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ifra-burhan.html
Latest Review: The Unborn by Tayma Tameem

Post by IFRA BURHAN »

Pretty much everyone read this book in high school. We don't realise what horrors were faced in the holocaust by the jews, we only read about it which is nothing compared to the torture inflicted upon them. I feel that this is something that is a must to be taughtby the schools.
Black Jewel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-black-jewel.html
Latest Review: The Game by Molly Perry

Post by Black Jewel »

It has been forever and a day since I've read this book, but I do go back periodically and pick it up for a re-read, just for a reminder.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”