Review of Island Games

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Maha Ata
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maha-ata.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Review of Island Games

Post by Maha Ata »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Island Games" by Caleb J. Boyer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Island Games: Mystery of the Four Quadrants by Caleb J. Boyer is an action thriller fictional work of art describing the challenges faced by Mathew and Ryan on a mysterious island. Mathew and Ryan, being the only two characters, find themselves stranded on an island and decide to keep moving forward in the hope of a finding a way of escaping the island. In their adventurous journey through four quadrants (the jungle, prairie, desert, and the highlands) of the island, they discover the precious qualities of courage and perseverance, and the skill of team work. With every challenge they face, they find themselves stronger and more connected to each other.

The book begins in an interesting way with Mathew waking up on the shore of an island with limited memory and finds his best friend Ryan along with him in the same condition as himself. Both boys share many emotions of love, care, kindness, humor, frustration and anger but know that they need each other on the island to survive and escape. The author narrates their journey in an eloquent and fluent way keeping the curiosity of reader rising with every challenge Mathew and Ryan go through. The story progresses on a good pace and keeps the reader engaged to find out the outcome of their struggle. The language of the book is easy to comprehend and the author has described every scene as if the reader is watching Mathew and Ryan in front of their eyes.

The thing I like most about the book is that the story is very thought provoking and there are many wise messages which author has given here and there and at the end of the book. The book is enjoyable and relieves the reader from the anxiety of going through hardships of life.

There is not anything I dislike about the book as it is full of emotions, adventure and bravery. I myself relate to the struggles of Mathew and Ryan so much that I want them to survive and return to their family. Each chapter ends on a cliff hanger keeping the reader flipping through the pages to know more about what comes next.

I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars as the book is thoroughly enjoyable as well as the nourishment of soul through thought provocative and inspiring messages. I recommend the book to everyone, especially teenagers, so they can learn to overcome the challenges of life by being brave and persistent. The book will appeal to everyone who is fond of action and adventure, and is very much the true story of every human facing the daily challenges of life. The author has done a great job writing such an interesting and engaging book and it should be part of syllabus of many schools.

Island Games
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Umesh Bhatt
Favorite Book: Identity And Violence
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-umesh-bhatt.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
2024 Reading Goal: 8
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by Umesh Bhatt »

Two friends trapped in an island seems to be an interesting plot. Would check it. Thanks for a beautiful review.
Knowledge is power but one has to be a bookworm! :techie-studyingbrown:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”