Review of Spark

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Reviewer100
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewer100.html
Latest Review: Miranda Writes by Gail Ward Olmsted

Review of Spark

Post by Reviewer100 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Spark" by Y. C. Leung.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In a couple of days, everything turned upside down in the life of Rebecca Hart. It begins with a day at the Reunion Square where she goes with her friend, Mehgan, to welcome her friends, Robert and Connor. They are parts of the navy, returning from the CAS Mackenzie. Just as they reunite with their friends, something unexpected happens that leads to other things. It's like a triple whammy. Will she survive it? Is Becky strong enough to handle all the disasters that come her way? Connor, a distant cousin of Mehgan, would be with Becky through it all as a case of coincidence.

The individuality portrayed by the lead character, Becky, was inspiring. She has inspired me to be strong in every circumstance I find myself in. Also, she values relationships in an inspiring way. This can be evident in her relationship with Tommy. It is amazing. It was well represented in every scene, even when she knew he was withdrawing. In our world today, siblings rarely share such a mutual relationship. Not only did Becky care about her brother, but she also cared for people around her. This part of the book portrayed the theme of relationships.

I had certain questions on my mind at the beginning of the book. They were all answered accurately through each line and chapter as I read through the book. The suspense that the story created from start to finish was amazing. The events were well arranged to follow each other. The words were appropriately explained in great detail to enable the creation of imagery, which didn't only help me understand the book but enjoyed it.

My opinion about the book is that it is a most wonderful read and I didn't dislike anything about the book. The title of the book is just perfect for the story. I didn't want the story to end. The book has a few grammatical errors that didn't disturb my reading experience. To my knowledge, it was professionally edited.

I rate Spark by Y. C. Leung 4 out of 4 stars. It is one of the best young adult suspense thrillers I have read in a while. The story of Becky wouldn't only entertain you. It would teach you life lessons. It would inspire and humble you. I recommend this book to readers who are keen on suspense and thriller genres. Younger readers who appreciate young adult novels would gladly embrace this one.

Spark
View: on Bookshelves
Asiaa Szn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asiaa-szn.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White
2022 Reading Goal: 10
2022 Goal Completion: 50%

Post by Asiaa Szn »

This is a well-detailed review that has piqued my interest in the story. I'd love to know more about Becky.
Ruth Frances A
Favorite Book: Rescuing General Patton
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruth-frances-a.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2022 Reading Goal: 25
2022 Goal Completion: 80%

Post by Ruth Frances A »

The official review has helped me understand the importance of adherence to the guidelines. The story line is well articulated.
Amy Luman
Currently Reading: Before Dawn
Bookshelf Size: 505
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: The Decision by Michael D. Komeshak
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I liked that Becky was a strong character. There are not enough strong women in literature and especially not for the young adult reader. Thanks for the review!
Apple 7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-apple-7.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Apple 7 »

The review is very succinct and straight forward, without revealing much except the fact that Rebecca would have a rough time.
Manas Ranjan Mishra
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manas-ranjan-mishra.html
Latest Review: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit? by Kyle Oh
2022 Reading Goal: 10
2022 Goal Completion: 110%

Post by Manas Ranjan Mishra »

The review is quite detailed and interesting. It encouraged me to explore the suspence themes as well. Thanks a lot.
Sharing is caring. :greetings-wavingyellow:
BanditO
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by BanditO »

A very straightforward review, my interest is piqued, I wonder what the first disaster was.
Raymond N
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raymond-n.html
Latest Review: Ripcord Recovery by T.T. Sawyer
2022 Reading Goal: 100
2022 Goal Completion: 53%

Post by Raymond N »

Becky seems like a strong and inspiring character. I like that she shows love even when it feels unrequited. Great review.
Walter R
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-walter-r.html
Latest Review: How I survived life by Neil Cooper

Post by Walter R »

This looks like quite an intriguing plot or storyline. Would definitely love to have this book in my shelf. Great review.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”