Review of Vagabond

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Robert HUTCHESON
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-hutcheson.html
Latest Review: Vagabond by Mary A.J.

Review of Vagabond

Post by Robert HUTCHESON »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Vagabond" by Mary A.J..]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In Vagabond by Mary A.J., Cecilia, daughter of Lucifer, escapes from hell because she's tired of her life and is starting to grow a conscience. She ends up in the woods near Cornelia High where she detects spiritual energy and spots Sebastian Nox for the first time becoming enthralled at the sight of him and the feelings it stirs up. She decides to enroll in the high school to further investigate. She meets Sebastian and some of his close friends and starts to try and fit in. Cecilia keeps her identity a secret from the others, trying to keep her whereabouts hidden so Lucifer won't find her, while she begins to fit in and slowly becomes friends with the group. She soon begins to unravel mysteries about the high school and some of the students there. What will she discover about the high school and some of the students? Will she be able to keep her two identities separate without the others finding out who she really is? The action picks up quickly and stays that way with new startling discoveries and mysteries every time you turn around.

I enjoyed that after a relatively slow start the action picks up rather quickly and nonstop for the rest of the book. The author does an excellent job of leading the reader through the story with it's twists and turns, while keeping you on the edge of your seat wanting more and not being able to put the book down. The narrative descriptions make you feel as if you are right there in the thick of things with the other characters, experiencing and feeling all their emotions as the story progresses. The book is well written and thought out chapter by chapter keeping you moving along with the story.

I found hardly anything I disliked about the book, except for the ending. It lead you up to a climax at the end but didn't resolve some issues between the characters or a resolution to the end of the story as you might think. Other than that, it was a thoroughly enjoyable story that's hard to put down once you start, and does not take anything away from the book.

I rated Vagabond 4 out of 4 stars not only for the well written story but also that it was professionally edited which made for an easy, enjoyable read for anyone who picks it up.

Due to some scenes where there is some graphic fighting, I would recommend this book to readers over the age of 15. There is also some overtones of religious themes that some readers might not be comfortable with, but not anything too graphic to distract from the book. For readers who enjoy fantasy-romance novels with lots of drama thrown in, it is an excellent book to read over the weekend or a rainy day.

Vagabond
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: Vagabond by Mary A.J.
Pauline Parnell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Beyond the Clouds, the Sky is Blue
Bookshelf Size: 517
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pauline-parnell.html
Latest Review: One Jesus, One Way by The Proving Jesus Group

Post by Pauline Parnell »

Vagabond looks to be an exciting thriller. At all times good will conquer evil and love will triumph over lust. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”