An Unfortunate Fairy Tale series by Chanda Hahn

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lezer
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lezer.html

Re: An Unfortunate Fairy Tale series by Chanda Hahn

Post by Lezer »

I loved the first book in the series!! I haven't yet started on the rest of the books in the series but I'm hoping to get to finish them soon!
ahamilt48
Currently Reading: Gringo
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by ahamilt48 »

I absolutely loved this book! I’m in love with Grimm adventures and this book is a twist on the Grimm Fairy Tales because it gives you a taste of their modern bloodline and how they are still today trying to stay alive. I can’t wait to read the second book in the series. :D
Vscholz
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Bookshelf Size: 816
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vscholz.html
Latest Review: Primrose’s Curse by Kiara Shankar, Vinay Shankar
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Vscholz »

LoremasterTappa wrote: 18 Jul 2014, 15:27 If you like classic fairy tales with a little twist, this is a pretty decent series for Young Adults, and it's a terrific price. The first book, Unenchanted, is a free download on the Barnes and Noble website. I first got the ebook because it was free, but after finishing the first one, I decided to purchase the second one (it was only $4). I haven't had time to get the third one yet but I will be adding it to my collection soon.

Small synopsis:
The book is about Mina Grime, who finds out she is a decendant of the Grimm brothers and she is cursed and has to finish some of the Grimms fairy tales in order to lift it.

The thing I like about this series is that Mina is not always the hero of the fairy tale and the author does a great job of incorporating the stories into real life.
That sounds so awesome! I love fairy tales and YA, so I will definitely check this series out, especially if the first book is free!
As for you & your heart & the things you said & didn't say, she will remember them all when men are fairy tales in books written by rabbits. (Schmendrick the Magician)
Serena_Charlotte
Favorite Author: Neal Shusterman
Currently Reading: The Heads of Cerberus
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serena-charlotte.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
fav_author_id: 2788

Post by Serena_Charlotte »

It's interesting that I came upon this forum as I haven't read this book in quite a few years. Downloaded it as a free iBook and enjoyed it for the most part. However, I did not get to read the second one out of hesitation to pay for something that wouldn't be worth it, and an ebook at that. But I did enjoy the first book, the free iBooks being my first real delve into YA fiction just as the genre really started picking up with today's youth.
Where is the line between insanity and creativity?
Is the reality of the world different from how we perceive and experience it in our minds? Does physical reality exist apart from the human mind?
PoisonWhiteRose
Currently Reading: Lion Heart
Bookshelf Size: 1967
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-poisonwhiterose.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by PoisonWhiteRose »

I have this series and its on my TBR. I was looking for an excuse to read it and it looks as though I found it.
"I spent my life folded between the pages of books.My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together.”
― Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me"

Raquel M.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”