An Unfortunate Fairy Tale series by Chanda Hahn

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
You must limit each topic thread in this section to only one book or only one series. Include the name of the book, and if possible the author's name, in the title of the topic. If you want to allow spoilers, you must include the word spoilers in the title of the topic, otherwise spoilers are prohibited.
Lezer
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lezer.html

Re: An Unfortunate Fairy Tale series by Chanda Hahn

Post by Lezer » 24 Jan 2016, 22:22

I loved the first book in the series!! I haven't yet started on the rest of the books in the series but I'm hoping to get to finish them soon!

ahamilt48
Currently Reading: Gringo
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by ahamilt48 » 10 Jul 2018, 20:56

I absolutely loved this book! I’m in love with Grimm adventures and this book is a twist on the Grimm Fairy Tales because it gives you a taste of their modern bloodline and how they are still today trying to stay alive. I can’t wait to read the second book in the series. :D

Vscholz
2018 Reading Goal: 65
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 26
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 786
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vscholz.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Vscholz » 20 Jul 2018, 01:59

LoremasterTappa wrote:
18 Jul 2014, 15:27
If you like classic fairy tales with a little twist, this is a pretty decent series for Young Adults, and it's a terrific price. The first book, Unenchanted, is a free download on the Barnes and Noble website. I first got the ebook because it was free, but after finishing the first one, I decided to purchase the second one (it was only $4). I haven't had time to get the third one yet but I will be adding it to my collection soon.

Small synopsis:
The book is about Mina Grime, who finds out she is a decendant of the Grimm brothers and she is cursed and has to finish some of the Grimms fairy tales in order to lift it.

The thing I like about this series is that Mina is not always the hero of the fairy tale and the author does a great job of incorporating the stories into real life.
That sounds so awesome! I love fairy tales and YA, so I will definitely check this series out, especially if the first book is free!

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”