Review of Remember Me

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Roy Nick
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Review of Remember Me

Post by Roy Nick »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Remember Me" by Janice Angelique.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Jin grew up without a father; instead, strong women nurtured her to adulthood. At 19 years old, she graduated with a Ph.D. and became one of the youngest neuroscientists in the country. She is 21 years old, and she and her partner, Hildi, are working on a curative drug for cancer. Jin is passionate about making the world a better place by saving lives, and creating a cure for deadly diseases like cancer and Alzheimer's would be an excellent starting point. Jin has a fiancé, Luke, who is caring and protective of her.

Things go along smoothly until Jin’s biological father, Stephan, attempts to get into her life. As if that is not enough, Stephan demands Jin to give him all the research she has been working on regarding a cure for cancer. Interesting fact: Stephan is dead broke! What is his motive for Jin’s hard-earned research? Does he intend to sell the work, or has someone hired him to do so?

I enjoyed how Neophi guided Jin during her journey through the dark and frightening cave. Every time she worried or had a problem, the demigod would be there for her, often reassuring her. I learned the traditions of the Rahjahs. For instance, during Jin’s birthday, she had to take the first bite of food for the rest to follow suit.

One thing that stood out the most was the relationship between Luke and Jin. I envied the love and understanding they had for each other. Luke was protective of his fiancé and would not allow anyone to trouble her. On the other hand, despite having a challenging workload, Jin had a way of balancing her job and intimacy.

The book started sluggishly to a point I began questioning its plot. The story would gain pace significantly, and then fall off the cliff for a while. Then it'd captivate my attention once again. When I chose the book, its description was about a ruthless father causing trouble in his alleged biological daughter’s relationship and work affairs. However, I devoured over ten chapters until the dominant and most anticipated storyline came into play. Those were the disdaining issues I had regarding the book. As a result, I rate it 3 out of 4 stars.

There were hardly any errors, so the book is professionally edited. Janice Angelique’s Remember Me incorporates works of science like telepathy, mind reading, and medical research. I recommend this publication to anyone who enjoys YA fantasy romance novels. The romance bit of the book was phenomenal!

Remember Me
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ahñ Mèiã
Currently Reading: Atomic Habits
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ah-m-i.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Ahñ Mèiã »

The cover is really beautiful and the plot is intriguing, but neuroscientists by age 21!! That's totally unbelievable 😂 Thank you for the review
Paluk Pathania
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paluk-pathania.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Paluk Pathania »

No doubt that the plot is amazing with a capable female lead who's just 19. Wow. I'm already curious what will happen next. Great review, thanks!^^
marta baglioni
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marta-baglioni.html
Latest Review: Shatter Girl by Shay Miranda

Post by marta baglioni »

meiafidaa_7 wrote: 15 Nov 2021, 10:37 The cover is really beautiful and the plot is intriguing, but neuroscientists by age 21!! That's totally unbelievable 😂 Thank you for the review
I agree. To be honest, the part of the plotline with her father is the one I am less interested in :wink:
Thank you for the review!
Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chukwuebuka-ifedigbo.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo »

This book's title is catchy, and from your review, it's a piece I'd love to read. Thanks for this.
Ohna Martin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohna-martin.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ohna Martin »

There is always someone who tries to undo the good that someone else is doing even if it is in the form of your own family.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”