Review of Heroes of Afflatus

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ayindelaw
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayindelaw.html
Latest Review: The Raven's Trail (Book 1) by Liz D. Marx

Review of Heroes of Afflatus

Post by Ayindelaw »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Heroes of Afflatus" by C.R. Endacott.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In Heroes of Afflatus: The Blue Butterfly, Faerie World is in danger because Depravity is back and intent on destroying the fairies. The dark entity is on a mission to unlock another aspect of its powers and unleash a Fauna Virus epidemic upon Faerie World in the process. However, the heroes of Afflatus: Jared, Avery, Garon, and Carson will have none of it. They will fight back. But as they journeyed to confront Depravity, his minions, the stone gargoyles, attacked and kidnapped Avery—their best shot at defeating Depravity. Now, Garon and Carson have landed in jail and Jared is alone and vulnerable. Will they ever get to defeat Depravity and save the fairies?

Heroes Of Afflatus: The Blue Butterfly by C.R Endacott is an interesting tale that lights up your imagination and gives life to paper and ink. Mr. Endacott whips up a perfect fantasy and takes you on a journey through a world where everything runs differently. It is the second installment of the Heroes of Afflatus fantasy series. Still, it can be read as a standalone novel. The plot features Depravity, a malicious villain who uses a virus that causes fairies' wings to turn to dust as a weapon.

The most interesting thing about this book is its surprisingly vivid imagery despite the author’s minimal use of words. Another noteworthy thing is the timely usage of gender-neutral pronouns as needed. Indeed, it worked to further define the Aztensians, one of the races that populated Afflatus. I also liked that the story was easy to believe. It was obvious that the author didn’t construct events to suit narratives that didn’t affect the plot, characters did not suddenly master slick moves, and there were no holes in the plot. The storytelling was just so flawless that it couldn’t have been written by someone new to writing.

Other than the editing, I couldn’t find anything that truly needed improvement in this book. Sadly, the novel did not seem to be professionally edited, as the errors I found in it were enough to alter my rating, even though they didn’t disrupt my reading flow. Therefore, I rate Heroes of Afflatus: The Blue Butterfly 3 out of 4 stars because it is both an exceptionally well-written and worthwhile read. I would have given it a four-star rating if it weren't for the editing.

I recommend this book to teenagers and young adults who love fantastic tales of fairies, magic, and other worlds. The entire story seemed to have been written with the above-mentioned demography in mind. Although this novel has a satisfactory ending, reading it will pique your interest in the next installment.

Heroes of Afflatus
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Innovations are usually the result of desperate times
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

I love magics, fantasies and fairies, would definitely like to add this to my book shelves, nice review.
Humera955
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-humera955.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Humera955 »

This fairy tail sounds like a Disney movie
Great review🍀
:tiphat:

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”